[TR] What should I use next?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by geekrider, Jun 3, 2015.

1. geekrider

Hello everyone!
    I've been playing Medic for over 200 hours now. Its my absolute favourite class to play. So far I have auraxiamed the T1 Cycler (default gun), the TAR and the Cycler TRV. The default gun is a great all rounder. Cycler TRV was kinda 'meh'. I wasn't a big fan of it even though a lot of people swear by it. My absolute favourite was the TAR with its sweet 0.75x ADS movement and tight CoF.
    So right now I'm using the NS-11. Was kinda hard to use it in the beginning but now I've got a hang of it and its pretty great. Sucks at CQC though. Im looking for an alternate gun to switch between so i dont get bored of a single gun. So which gun should I get next? I have almost 5000 certs to dump.
    The SABR-13?
    The TORQ?
    Or the T1S Cycler with UBG launcher?
  2. Lord_Avatar

The TORQ-9 is akin to the default T1 Cycler in that both guns are all-rounders. The TORQ is far more customizable though and that gives you the option of making it a somewhat specialized weapon. The SABR-13 is a medium range laser when decked out properly; it can also hold it's own surprisingly well in CQC due to being a 167/600 gun and going for headshots with it will win you most engagements with ease. Sadly, I have no experience with the T1S yet.
    • Up x 1
  3. Joexer

T1s is a nerfed T1(by approximatly 7%) but if you liked the t1 that much it would be worth it. SPA does wonders for your mid range pleasure and smoke is fun to have. The torq is like the cycler in that it is an all rounder and very controllable but is a bit more forgiving due to its lower damage but higher RoF. Sabr isnt really an assualt rifle. Its more of a battle rifle imo but works well at all ranges because of its highly desirable 167 damage model that comes in pairs here. Its all up to you though and if you have the time read up my review of the T1b cycler https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...hy-the-t1b-cycler-is-secretly-awesome.210123/ keep in mind that the cert price has been raised though.
  4. repairtool6

Off your list get Torq with lasersight for aggression (pointcaptures) and T1S with forgrip/compensator for more carefull support-style combat.

Good luck
  5. bubbacon

I'm a huge fan of the T1S. That AR is just Boss for my all arounder. Outfit mine with SPA, 2x,Comp, and foreward grip. Simply the best sounding and deadliest weapon in my hands. Long Range I just got the Sabr 13 and its amazing. CQC, I did like you, TAR or TRV.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dualice

+1 to that, I use the exact same loadout on my T1S and am loving the accuracy, sounds boss too.

To be honest OP you can't go wrong with any of them! I'm currently working on my TORQ auraxium and it's a pleasure to use. SABR takes a bit of getting used to but is hella fun and effective in most ranges, though of course specializes in mid-long. Headshot prioritization is really key with both of them, especially with the TORQ if you're going up against heavy assaults.
  7. jmdafk

Id always say torq9 myself for a fight winner. its ttk is way above average plus its amazingly easy to control.
    Not quite the cqc beast that the trv and tar are, but its close and is then far superior out of hipfire range. I personally think its the best/most capable TR weapon. Im a bit worried itll get nerfed its that good.
    Its only real flaw i find is it makes me over confident, and standing upto an orion wielding heavy your still going to die.

The sabr is imo a bit like the TMG50, a bit pointless and prone to getting you killed but its huge fun to use. And if you keep a fellow TR trooper between you and the enemy its pretty potent at closer range. Its pretty awesome to hipfire to which can get you out of some scraps. But you have to be very careful how you use it where the torq 9 is a winner even you run into rooms like a headless chicken!
    I end up picking the sabr for most fights simply because its so much fun to use. I dont care if i get snipped or shotgunned, those times you find yourself at medium range taking out hapless LA's is well worth it.
  8. Skiptrace

TORQ-9 and SABR-13 are both great guns, TR have great support type weapons for Medics, you may not get as many kills, but you will get tons of assists and Savior Kills.