"TR weapons are going to receive a few changes" - Matt Higby. So TR... What do we want ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., Mar 25, 2014.

1. Aegie

Personally, as I have posted elsewhere, I would like to see:

Vulcan:

1) Remove magazine
    2) Make COF decrease to a certain cap the longer you fire (better at long range but takes some time and lots of ammo)

This way, the Vulcan is fun because, like a real minigun, you can hold LMB until you run dry. It will improve the ability to engage ranged targets but doing so will take some time (for COF to decrease and spin up) and ammo. The major drawback of the weapon, of course, is that you will have to reload often or find yourself with a lot less capability at inopportune times.

Striker:

1) Make this like Coyotes.
    2) Make dumbfire weak (i.e. you can dumbfire at anything but the story would be that it the lock is required to arm the warhead so it does very little damage)

This way, the Striker is more all purpose (can fire at anything just like Lancer and Phoenix) but will be weak against unintended targets (i.e. will not be good against infantry) and a lot more fun to use (loose that Reaver? Hell, I'll just send these last two rockets in the mag over towards that Engi turret on the hill).

Carbines:

There is no 167 damage carbine. One of these would be appreciated for diversity. That being said, I personally really like the AMC so I would prefer if it was not that one (because it would either end up less accurate or with a lower ROF).

AR:

I want to like the T1B except it is the only weapon in the game that I do not equip HVA all the time (yes, I run HVA all the time even on weapons with the highest vertical recoil in the game). At the very least, I think the T1B needs a compensator and wonder why it does not already have one.

LMG:

I've only really used the Rhino and I really like that one but I know that, overall, LMGs are one department where TR has always been a little behind. IMO, this is probably because LMGs, by default, have large magazines- in other words, +10 rounds is a big difference proportionally when the average for other factions is 30 but +50 rounds is not really a big deal when the average for other factions is already 50-100. Other people know about these LMGs far more than I do.

I do not play enough with the other items to have much on an informed opinion.
  2. deggy

You guys need an 845/143 carbine, I nominate the Jaguar.
    • Up x 3
  3. Dnuts175

You seem surprisingly appalled at the prospect of the TR having a 200 dmg pistol. I think PS2 will OK with this addition.
    • Up x 1
  4. Shubniggurath

Everything that Paisty said +

T32 Bull, T5 AMC, T1S Cycler - change to 167 damage
  5. Dnuts175

One thing I've noticed. Many in this thread are suggesting that SOE alter the current arsenal. How about some plain old new guns? The last time we got any ES carbines, assault rifles or LMG's was like a week or two after the game launched.
    • Up x 3
  6. Cinnamon

They should make the current arsenal worth using. If they just release new weapons and expect us to pay for them after nerfing and ignoring the existing ones then it isn't good practice. Especially if they just recycle existing game assets.
    • Up x 3
  7. Owen W.

Sounds good to me ^^
  8. OgreMarkX

This is pretty basic, and long overdue. Consider what the other two factions have:

NC
    1. Hard hitting weapons
    2. Accurate weapons
    3. Diverse weapons that are fun to use
    4. Special abilities that are useful and not KILL ME I CANT MOVE abilities

VS
    1. Accurate weapons
    2. Quick reloads
    3. Diverse weapons that are fun to use
    4. Special abilities that are useful and not KILL ME I CANT MOVE abilities

So...

SOE. Stop doing dev in the following order: NC/VS/TR

Pretty clear you're out of ideas by the time the third faction is up for work.

TR guns have low damage and terrible accuracy for the most part. Oh yea, I died again with more bullets in my than an NC ever has. Grats me. Yea. Awesome.

Start there with the changes...meaning....ask yourselves WHY TR guns (and abilities) need an overhaul after so long.

And when you nerf the hell out of items, consider if you're nerfing only one faction (Striker...whereas all factions get the ani)
  9. Owen W.

Unfortunately they have stated that no new weapons will be added in the April combat update, just changes...
  10. GhostAvatar

Its not just about what's underperforming. It more about what's boring to use and the lack of variety.
    • Up x 3
  11. Owen W.

Simple answer: that would be borderline overpowered.

Simple solution: balance that change with less firerate.
  12. DevDevBooday

I reckon for the MCG:

Increase rpm to 1000
    drop damage from 143 to 125

Remove ADS
    improve hipfire accuracy
    Turn right click into barrel spin up.

That would really help add a weapon that isnt just another LMG with a spin up time.
    • Up x 4
  13. Owen W.

Bingo
  14. HLM

MORE DAKK..er additional suppressive bolter fire to purge the enemies of The Emperor.

Also new weapon models so I can tell if I'm holding a carbine, AR, LMG or shotgun. These are all actually quite different things, so should look it.
    • Up x 1
  15. sustainedfire

Actually, Higby said they will be adding new weapons in April, if you watch the video that reveals the Valkyrie.
  16. Shubniggurath

Eh, that's just common sense.
  17. gigastar

Yeah... im really not looking forward to April.

I can only hope that they dont make another ZOE with those changes.
  18. Aegie

Fair enough.

I agree that Vulcan and Striker need work.

Vulcan should be like a minigun.

Striker should be like Coyote.

A 167 damage tier carbine would be nice (but I would hate to see them change the AMC because it is my favorite).

Making the Jag an 845 RPM carbine would be nice too (at the very least we will not have to hear the old 7F/Serpent debate any more).

The T1B needs a compensator.
  19. OgreMarkX

Oh and let's talk tanks. Snipe ESF's out of the air? NC? Yup. Iwin shield? NC? Yup.

TR? PLEASE KILL ME I CANT MOVE TANK.

I mean, it's great their looking into this and all, but c'mon, do they not know by now what is amiss? Really? Or are they being polite and asking? I dunno. All I know is if they balance TR items, they'll nerf them next cycle.
  20. Owen W.

In the command centre episode I mention on the O.P, Higby clearly states that there will be no new weapons in the April combat update. There will be in May, as new ARs will be out for the medic class update.