[Suggestion] Tr - T2 Striker WTF Nerf vs Air!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by PS2xProphecy, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Pie Chasm

Any ESF pilot worth his salt can evade the rockets easily. To somebody with any kind of skill, all the striker really does is force them to do a few maneuvers and move away from the area. Lesser pilots can expend 35 second cooldowns to entirely negate them (flares). Terrible pilots will get hit and inevitably kamikaze/abandon their aircraft.

The striker is really a direct upgrade in some situations to the G2G launcher, but even then the fact that you have to continuously fire it makes it much harder to use in those situations.

Like it's lesser, the annihilator, it is most effective when used in groups and only then is it effective in certain situations.
  2. desktop

its not like anyone likes using the striker, trying to get a lock on anything is very testing. What target you lock has nothing to do where you aim and the lock will suddenly disconnect before you get a single round off. The only time where strikers get kills is when 20 people use them at once and then you have a tiny chance of actually getting the kill yourself.

At least the missiles look pretty.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hypest

I have the rocket pods for 3 weeks: ~1200 kills

I have the striker for 2 weeks: ~40kills

And i'm not a level 47 ESF Pilot wannabe who's been around since BETA. It was simply that EASY to farm with the lolpods.

If they do nerf the Striker against air they have to buff it against ground *cough-cough dumbfire ability* *cough-cough fly-by-wire*
    • Up x 3
  4. drNovikov

Lock-ons are so easy to avoid that good pilots don't even use flares. Pro tip: don't hover and lolpodfarm, this also helps avoiding dumbfires, Phoenixes and small arms fire.
  5. PaperPlanes

The 500m range is total BS. A lock-on shouldn't get that kind of range.

There's also a bug where if you use flares while the Striker is firing, it will sometimes do absolutely nothing and the rockets will continue to hit you. If you're in open air, this is gamebreaking. Try having the north Indar warpgate as a pilot and deal with Strikers in the desert, it's a ******* nightmare when you're trying to dogfight and some guy 500m away who isn't even rendered to you just decides to lock you.

Infantry COD babies already rule this game completely, stop giving them more childish toys that require zero skill. I can already foresee the tactical nukes for infantry...
  6. MaxDamage

No lock on warning from lancer, and it's good when rapid fired on enemy MAXes.

One word: shutupyoface.
    • Up x 2
  7. LT_Latency

The striker was good against air until every single pilot figured out if you fly down the rockets will go straight into the ground.

Most pilots can avoid these now, They AA MAX is WAY WAY better against air then the striker is
  8. Kedyn

Not sure what some of you are talking about. As long as I keep looking through the sights of my Striker and I see the spinning square, I can keep firing missiles. I don't even have to keep the target centered in my crosshairs - all I have to do is make that first initial lock and I'm good.
  9. KnightCole

I agree, to damn many lock on weapons are being added to this game. Hell, I wonder when we will get the NS-190 TRSR (Tracking Round Sniper Rifle).

Its annoying in a tank to try to support an attack, only to crest a hill and spend the rest of hte time running away from the constant locks.....

THen again, you gotta know, the playerbase has years of CoD and now World of Tanks experience. They are clueless 5 yr old ***** whose only aim in the world is to press a button and see kill credits appear on their screens.

As for the Striker itself, yeah, I think 6 simultaneously fired lock on rounds is entirely to much, maybe 2 rounds in a clip.....but what are we going to do? THe skillless ***** who want it, outnumber those of us who dont. GU7 is seeing a universal AT/AV BUFF....sooo, maybe 8 rounds in the clip? lol.
  10. -Synapse-

• 5 rounds per magazine
    • 15 rounds in reserve
    • 7 rounds to kill one ESF
    That's 2 ESFs, assuming the pilots are sleeping and can't move a couple of feet towards the ground.
  11. Naithe

The striker along with all lock-ns just lost their ability to lock on to turrets as of last patch. So it can litterally ONLY hit aircraft and ground vehicles. Nothing else.

Add the 5s timer and the odd way the rocket track and we have a weapon that is too good in wide open spaces and useless anywhere else.

They should really redo the lockon system to make it less extremely good in open areas(and in groups), but usefull anywhere else.

You could do away with locks totally but I doubt that will happen as it is now. I just wish we'd get the old system for locks, that the striker had in ps1. (maintain lock, short lockon timer, proper chasing rockets etc.)

EDIT: by maintain I don't mean keep the target in the center till you fired all rockets, but keep the target in the center till they hit. Ofcourse the weapons that get this would need other things looked at such as damage etc. but I just find it a more interesting system then fire and forget.)
  12. Purg

Striker
    Kills 25
    KPM 0.11
    Accuracy 63%
    Fire Count 2029
    Hit Count 1283
    Score 80206

Hardly a weapon worth nerfing. ESF point to the ground my missiles try to bury through the world trying to sneak up on it from behind.

Lancer
    Kills 19
    KPM 0.18
    Accuracy 56%
    Fire Count 758
    Hit Count 427
    Score 24230

Phoenix on my NC main, prepare to go ballistic
    Kills 164
    KPM 0.37
    Accuracy 50%
    Fire Count 1670
    Hit Count 828
    Score 186770

Probably ~5 ESF's who ate my Phoenix missile. There should be a special place to shame them.
  13. Zagz

I'm not an exclusive HA user but I can say this... I have an easier time killing air with my fully upgraded prowler than the Striker. All it takes is 1 flare to render my shots useless or to escape my locking time. The only time I really get a kill is when the ESF pilot is really chilling around, not remotely trying to escape my lock.