[Suggestion] Tr - T2 Striker WTF Nerf vs Air!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by PS2xProphecy, Mar 23, 2013.

1. loleator

Buy flares and learn to fly behind objects and you will mantain your air OP superiority. If there are 10 guys with that and you expect to take them all down by yourself... well, it goes on the line of many other "nurf" threads authors.
  2. Bl4ckVoid

• Up x 1
  3. PS2xProphecy

I will say, it can't be ignored that pilots do have a hard time in the air when you have AA Max, Single Missile Lock-on, Infantry, ESF's (Dog Fight), ESF's w/ Lock-on, Manually Shot Missiles, AA Sunder, AA Tanks, AA Turrets, Suicidal Enemy ESF's, Moron Suicidal Allie Pilots, Drop PODS, ESF Bail Deny XP, ESF & Vehicle Deconstruct Deny XP, and now introducing the T2 Striker (just simply lock on and let the game do the killing for you)....

Perhaps you're right, maybe this weapon by itself isn't OP, but with all the air counter we already have to deal with, this T2Striker is the cherry on top screwing air pilots over. (This also applies very much to the Liberator).
  4. PS2xProphecy

Thanks for showing me the link to my own account, had no Idea.
    An to correct your "Suicide" statement, those aren't from denying XP, their from trying to land with the scythe with a tiny bit of health left. Sometimes even when landing correctly the scythe still explodes. It happens often since my play style is Air vs Ground; I take a lot of fire because of it.
  5. Mekhazzio

I find it unlikely that anyone who's flown ESFs since beta is particularly concerned with ground defense in the current state of the game. If you were really playing back when Skyguards (which cost 48 certs, btw) needed only half a magazine to toast a fighter at almost max render range, a one-armed Burster was a threat, and literally every single heavy in the game had a SAM (because they were the best anti-ground weapon too, and also cost 48 certs) then you should just be casually breezing through the pitiful amount of ground fire that exists currently.

Libs & Gals have to worry about missiles. ESFs do not.
  6. AntonyAwesome

I will admit that i have mostly played NC but that shouldn't make my opinion any less valuable.... (oh wait this is the internet, disregard that).

I agree that the T2 Striker is very OP, the TR heavies are out in force with those weapons. Sure it might take 1/2 reloads (1 clip reload) to kill an ESF but alike what has been said before, AA maxes, small arms fire and one T2 Striker, an ESF has no chance. Sure we can get composite armor and flares, but i can tell you NO PILOT wants to be forced to cert into something because it increases there air survivability. That is very limiting.

Personally my reaver has lvl 4 composite armor, meant to half the damage done by AA and i think reduce small arms fire by 20%. This armor is pathetic against flak after there continual buffs. The flares, i was forced into certing them because of the amount of lock ons you get.

Earlier today i was libing and a group of 3 T2 Strikers all locked onto my liberater, we were destroyed in under 5 seconds. That wasn't enough time to evade the lockons or get to cover.

Please SOE nerf the T2 Striker, remove it's lock on capability, only give it dumb fire mode. The TR army is very OP, all they need are heavies with any main primary weapon and they will plow through infatnry and air. Or atleast make composite armour blast resistant as well.,, While on the subject of ESF, shouldn't the scout radar be able to detect "cloaked" ESF because in my opinion it should be able to.

Also, (i dont play heavy) but the NC heavy, they essentially got the anti vehicle turret that the engineers have, like serious SOE come on. Maybe the T2 Striker should be a guided missile and the NC rocket launcher be lock on capable.
  7. Kyouki

Why would you nerf my baby? Having never used a lock on rocket (or HA in general) until this weekend I can say this thing is a nice change of pace. I don't believe it requires a nerf at all. Have you tried using the Lancer as AA? That thing probably takes air out of the sky faster than our striker does. Look at the big picture instead of just AA. The NC launcher is good against ground and infantry. THe VS launcher is good against ground and air (not sure if it has a significant blast radius to be considered good against infantry). The TR launcher is good against air and ground. Why are you complaining again?

This weekend I normally only get 1/5 of my shots off against ESFs (to get them to flair ofc) If they are smart enough to run away I'm out one rocket. If they are foolish enough to stick around they get 5 rockets in their butts. If you die to this thing then it is your fault. I see plenty of TR waste all 5 shots on a flair.
  8. SpaceKing

learn2scrapemissiles

Seriously, the Striker is the easiest to missile scrape due to the time it takes to actually fire.

Or buy flares.
  9. MaxDamage

Spoiler: THE STRIKER IS CRAP AGAINST ESFS.
    It is useful against Libs, but then each empire specific launcher has very different strengths, and that is a good thing - a direction I want SOE to continue in.

Anyone who can't evade strikers in an ESF = terrible pilot. They leap into the ground at the slightest dip.
    The initial lock on is broken by ANY obstruction, including trees, people, other aircraft, hills, buildings; and starts all over. Adding flares into the mix makes it a very frustrating tool for using against ESFs.

Apologies for reposting this, but people does not am getting to message:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  10. TomaHawk

uh, I seem to kill more ESFs with the Striker than with my Grounder. Dunno what to tell you man. Yea, it's not perfect but I don't expect to go from lock on to kill in an instant every time.
  11. Konfuzfanten

LOL, a lolpod pilot asking for AA to be nerf'ed - thats something new. There is about as much skill in using lolpods as there are in using lock-on weapons.

Do you know why everyone and their mother carry AA/lock-on weapons in PS2?
  12. Avlaen

13. PS2xProphecy

Okay now make one about the Scythe; I only see a reaver here.
  14. NachoFoot

It was...until you complained. Now its only good against ground vehicles. They need to speed up the shots. Its a nightmare trying to attack anything with it now. I'm still waiting on my refund...

I do agree with OP. Stryker changes the air war. That should not be a perk of TR. Its time to lower the damage of the stryker so that the Grounder is actually...useful.
  15. Kyouki

I didn't complain about it at all. I'm not one of the people who cry nerf every time a faction has an advantage in some way or another. People in this game are too obsessed with balance to the point where everyone might as well fight with NS gear only. What is the point of different factions if they are reskins of one another?
  16. Blizzard Heat

Come back and let us know when the other ESLs have a 5 second warning, or several counters that the Striker has.

Or when the Striker and Lancer have as many Gold medals as the Phoenix has Auraxium medals.
  17. NewKid47

it seems that the main complain is that now it will be harder to take down a platoon by yourself with an esf since a single person with the striker will take them out if they stick around for too long.
    the striker might need a nerf of some kind though since my first thought when i heard about it is that with like 2-5 people you could potentially take out anything that flies close to the bases, then again you could do that with the annihilator anyways so it's probably not relevant.
    from what i see though, the striker is mostly only good for taking out esfs since it cant dumb fire and the lock on can easily be broken if a tank keeps going behind a hill, plus the only tank that even remains stationary for a long time is the prowler, which can then be take out quickly by both the lancer and phoenix.
  18. GroovyGoo

My Striker stats. Cause realy no matter what we say stats tell the truth.
    Kills 43 Kills per minute 0.14 Accuracy 61% Fire Count 2,986 Hit Count 1,812 Score 57,634
  19. Bennybones

The striker is only guaranteed to hit if you're moving in a completely open area or flying straight in an open area. If you had taken a few minutes to hop over to the TR side and trialed the Striker you'd realise that as soon as an ESF is flying low and aims its nose towards the ground the striker missiles will hit the ground. You would also realise that a single tree will break the lock on or a hill or just about anything. It's very very easy to avoid the Striker. Very. If I could chose I'd pick the Phoenix over the striker any day of the week. And I've extensively tried it.
  20. Nexus2151

Striker review
    the tracking is ****. The Striker is the most effective shovel ever devised by man.
    The lockon time is too long vs esf's who with "good" pilots can easily dodge it.
    What the striker is good at is taking down libs and gals who are too slow to get out of the way however increasingly most of them have fitted flares which makes this harder to do. In all honesty the best way to kill air is still a burster max but you need at least 3 working in unison to be effective and requires 3 engineers and 2 medics to maintain which is a lot of infantry tied up.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the op is a lone wolf pilot in which case I wish to convey to him that your efforts are an annoyance at best and not a serious threat and if you get blown up by any lock on missile it is your fault. I have seen esf pilots who have straffed platoon's and got out clean before they had the chance to get a lock which is not hard you just need to come in from a high angle of attack at full speed then boost on your way out try reading this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicta_Boelcke for tips.