TR Striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nurf3d, Mar 25, 2013.

1. TintaBux

It's even better.
  2. Roland0077

I said if they are completely dominating you via air and ground, not due to the single striker squad lol. And once again that tower thats connected to your warpgate should be within render distance to let you use a rifle (default NC OHKs via headshots) to snipe them. not totally sure on the angle because iv never used that mountain range b4
  3. CaligoIllioneus

An organized group all bought the same weapon, found an awesome perch and are *gasp* killing your solo lolpodders? you may have to get organized too....by the way, Snipers and Phoenixes destroy Striker users. Skilled ESFs using flares and hit and run tactics also work well. ATVs are very hard to target with a Striker.

Sending a lone squad leader and steel raining over the mountain (you're NC so you can even use your broken MAXes) would also work wonders.
  4. Roland0077

Im not even NC and I dont understand why you shouldnt use it currently against infantry if it works. Use the tools devs give you to "win" the game no matter what colorful fashion you have to use them in. (such as galaxy platforms)
  5. IronWarrior

What is wrong with that? This is a war game right? They are killing you and you are doing a bad job at killing them back?
  6. Nurf3d

Ok lets look at it this way then , put the same people up their the same amount of Engi's, Medic, AA maxes and heavy and reverse the rolls - lolpodding them down would take about 2-3 mins because Phoenix missles are THAT bad vs AA/Vehicles.

To the guy who above going on about ATV's /facepalm

*spiderpig spiderpig*
  7. Amrok1

The Striker is a perfectly balanced AV weapon. It's powerful. It can deter vehicles from an area easily. And it has counters, both hard and soft, which can defeat it. This thread by the OP is an example of why people cause developers to go bald when it comes to balancing. Instead of utilizing one of the NUMEROUS tactics possible against this squad, including getting a squad of your own together, you come to the forums and cry for the developers to win the fight for you.

If your argument is about whether or notthe striker is balanced, UP, or OP, then there is no need to talk about the situation in which they are using it. Talk about the weapon's performance instead. By including the fact that it's a squad on a rock at your WG, all your demonstrating is an inability to fight your own battles with the tools you've been given. Now in the words of the Govenator "STOP WHINING!"
    • Up x 3
  8. IronWarrior

I seen Outfits with whole Squads and even Platoons locking down one side of Warpgate with just AA Maxes and what not and "lolpodding" them does not work well, since you know they have AA maxes.

Let me share you a quote from the Tacticus Imperium.

So let's be honest here, you are upset, you are upset about players working together to take down one player. This is the hard truth of war.

Whatever X or Y weapon they use is irrelevant.
  9. Kunotron

Would it be any different if they were all using Annihilators instead of Strikers?
  10. Nyldar

What if it were an annihilator or skep/grounder squad ? Would that make any difference in that situation?

Lets toss this one into the anecdotical and useless 'evidence' bin.
    • Up x 2
  11. LonelyTerran

Silly Nyldar

Less rockets flying at them for one. :eek::eek:;)
  12. Sysagent

Come on... Everyone knows that rocks are OP...

;)
    • Up x 2
  13. Roland0077

So if you take OP and multliply it by 5x you get? OP YES now it all makes sense
  14. kungflu

If you wish to leave the striker alone, buff along the annihilator.
  15. Fenrisk

If a grounder squad did the same you would have the same problem but worse as grounder rockets follow their targets (not crash into the ground) and have better dps in a extended fight.
    • Up x 1
  16. MGP

Why? So the NC and VS got both their toys AND striker analog? What about TR then? Can we get phoenixes and lancers then?
  17. Xasapis

I was about to suggest this tactic as well to clear a mountain top. It does need an organised squad, but it has worked numerous times already ;)
    1. Get everyone in your squad to switch to AI max, except for your squad leader
    2. Get your squad leader in an ESF
    3. It doesn't matter if the ESF is ok or not, or if the squad leader is alive or not, all he has to do is die on them
    4. Everyone synchronize dropping at the same time
    5. Profit
  18. Kedric

The Striker is a boring POS of a weapon. Annihilator 2.0 is right.

The weapon model is great and should be salvaged for a better idea for a rocket launcher. Sadly, this probably won't happen.
  19. Canaris

hold the phone are you saying that a group of TR have been sitting outside your warp gate for over an hour doing the same thing in the same place and NONE of your faction has figured out how to beat them. The problem is not with the striker team there mate, it seems you side is incompetent.
    There's no way that would fly on a busy continent with an enemy that had 2 brain cells to rub together.
    • Up x 1
  20. kungflu

Sure, have my lancer, i'll gladly take your striker.