TR - Soltec - Mattherson. What to Expect?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bryony, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Maxor

So far it seems VS and TR may even out with the merge but NC might turn out to be slightly ahead in overall pop.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ragon

That would be me.
    Since during weekends, we don't do ops, I sometimes take charge of the people just hanging in TS. I usually get around 1 platoon, and I try to get the most fair fight for my guys. I will aim for orange and yellow alerts nearly exclusively, and if that caps turns out to be hopeless and being a red alert, ofc I will try to find something that fits the number of guys that I happen to have. I personnaly don't give a damn about the color of the map. My job, as the unnofficial off-hours platoon leader, is to ENTERTAIN, not conquer. You guys need to keep in mind that whatever TE does outside of ops time (7 to 11 PM EST) is almost exclusively us just screwing around trying to get some amount of fun out of the game.
    • Up x 2
  3. Sian

BUT THERE'S A FIGHT AT THE CROWN
  4. Bloodlet

For an outfit as large as yours to have just one "unofficial" leader who can maybe drum up a platoon out of the 3ish you all normally run with to be seen as a problem that I would work towards correcting considering how many TR wear TE tags. You're like a part time outfit with a majority of the TR players. Maybe TE members are happy with it being that way though. I certainly don't know. But if they like it that way then ok.

I would also say that many people, especially PS1 players, would consider conquering territory to be winning and therefore entertaining in its own right. Once again though if it makes your members happy to just fight regardless of anything else then I guess good for them.
  5. Deathrus

Right and if TE did it you'd be bragging hardcore.

VSA dominated and managed to get world first VS 3 cont lock.

VSA dominated the TR ( including [TE])and NC on mattherson during the UES.

[TE] has managed to blitzkrieg and then leave when they start to lose.
  6. Jakko

I almost feel sorry for the Matherson Vanu, they deluded themselves into believing it was great leadership and not the swarms of OP Magriders that rallied people to their cause. Now that the Maggie is balanced all their MLG tactics and organization can accomplish is attacking TE on the forums. Hopefully the influx of new players will produce a Vanu leader who can muster a fight worth remembering.
  7. turtlestation

As a Mattherson TR I can honestly say I'm jealous of the VS there. Their outfit alliance is the most coordinated and organized on the server. Unlike the TR, it seems like most VS outfits respect each other and some even are friends. In TR, it's gotten better with ULTRA and such, but it still seems like it's TE vs. the rest of the TR. There's probably been more infighting and skirmishes between TR outfits on Mattherson than any other server. Think the IRA splinter groups in the late 60's. That's Mattherson TR for you.
  8. Dr.Destro229

Why do most Enclave talk like there above us normal people....
  9. [NNG]WillTerry

VS outfits work together all the time. We have fun and so should you. Dont let outfit strife ruin your fun!
    • Up x 2
  10. Bryony

Awesome! I'll check those guys out.
  11. Bryony

Yeah. I'm in GMT and it is completely dead on Soltec during the day. My xp per minute is so low since all there is to do is cap territory, nothing much to kill. I get my fights late at night. Sometimes i'll start a small squad and take it to Amerish and there may be only one or two NC or Vanu on the continent just going around capping. It gets boring pretty quick. I don't understand how it can be fun just capping territory on your own.
  12. Bryony

Well when i'm leading a platoon I tend to cap around amp stations, tec plants and biolabs to secure them and defend locations when necessary. Our top leaders generally tend to look at the big picture when playing but i'm certainly looking forward to having larger fights on Mattherson as i'm sure the other Soltec outfits are.
  13. Bryony

Yeah, looking at these threads you're probably right.
  14. Bryony

I'll admit that's pretty funny. I'm gonna try not to get on anyone's bad side before I've even joined the server though. I'm quite looking forward to seeing how TE works.

Thanks for the post.
  15. nick779

when those servers merge its just going to be an overpop of TR, matterson has a tr pop of around 40%+ consistently atm and its utterly infuriating. its close to pointless to play when nc is at 28% or lower and vanu is usually arouns 15-20%

i dont know why buzzcutpsycho is on such a high horse when we all know that all TR does is spray and pray, its a scrub faction
    • Up x 1
  16. Bryony

It'll balance out when they merge. TR are the most underpopulated on Soltec often at around 25%. Vanu and NC tend to be around 40%. We certainly hold our own though regardless of the odds.
  17. Noarrr

I for one welcome our new friends on Mattherson! I think I speak for everyone in [GOON] when I say that we look forward to playing with all of you, regardless of faction. More players means more intense fights at even more locations, hopefully on continents other than Indar as well.

All these bases are yours to play with us at, except Allatum. Attempt no capture there.
    • Up x 1
  18. DeadOnArrival

Good moar targets! :) We welcome our new TR bretheren with open arms and our NC/VS folks with open fire.
    • Up x 1
  19. DeadOnArrival

Allatum belongs to TR!!!!
    • Up x 1
  20. Pat Cleburne

It's funny you say that. I have mentioned it quite a bit on these forums lately and Vanu players flip out and flame me calling me a liar every time I mention it, even when I post a screenshot.

I must admit though that SolTech balance has been a little better since VS numbers dropped after the pseudo magrider nerf, but it's still out of whack many days with VS holding a 5-10% pop advantage instead of their typical 15%.

This particular screen shot was taken last night. Granted it was Monday evening about 10 -11 PM but it's reflective of typical SolTech balance.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1