TR - Soltec - Mattherson. What to Expect?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bryony, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Vertabrae

I play TR and NC on Mattherson, and as a proud member of both factions I'll say this. The Enclave is without a doubt the biggest game changer on the server. Their "Steel Rain" tactic is almost impossible to beat. Having a Amp Station 3/4 of the way capped, 1 guy left hiding in the spawn room, things are looking good. Then 10-12 squads all hotdrop the base within 5 or so seconds. It is a awesome and fearsome sight.

That being said, the VS outfits are the ones that work together the best. TE is, sadly, the only outfit of note on the TR. You will see plenty of others. But rarely will they change a battle. The VS outfits do not have those issues. Doesn't matter if your facing AT, TEST, GOTR, or GOKU. They are all dangerous. I've tried various outfits on both the NC and TR sides. I have yet to find one I really like. Aside from TE, which, as much as I respect, simply isn't for me. Having watched the VS outfits and fought them for a long time, I can't wait until my VS is on Mattherson and I can join up with one.
    • Up x 2
  2. Talizzar

Pretty well said. I have been in the process of punching out of a bio lab fight with just a few ticks left before a flip and TE crashes in and saves the place. Kinda fun to watch. I don't care for the BCP bravado but it obviously works for lots of others. I am in Bonk and 3rd highest BR, Bonk's more vocal leaders stepped out at GU2 and have not been back. We are lucky to have 16 people on anymore. The roster says 1800 plus members but I bet less than 100 play now. Many have moved on to TE or AOD or wherever.

I think all the outfits have been working together much better of late. Most of the TKing stuff is in the past and we just go have fun.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tekuila

Can't remember the last time TB was on.
    • Up x 1
  4. Badname2490

I just look forward to good fights and stuff...

TE has stated they would love to work with other outfits coming from SolTech, all about working together and what not was on the table of discussion last night.
    • Up x 1
  5. Shotgunjoe

TE would make Chesty Puller proud, its the closest thing you could find in a PS2 outfit to his style. Most of you have no clue what I'm on about anyways.
    • Up x 1
  6. Singed

I roll with Whiskey Company sometimes. Cool outfit and cool people.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bryony

Haha, I like the bunnyhopping as you've put it. Must be nerve-racking suddenly having four platoons land on your head. I guess we'll try and fill that vacuum. We use tactics in our outfit to cap territory so we'll likely stay small but work with the other small outfits. We recently organised a coalition with the three other major TR outfits on Soltec. It started very well, but wasnt quite as effective as hoped. I've run into a few very well organised NC squads before, noticeably on indar so you'll have some good guys coming your way. The Vanu are the least effective on the server but they will boost the Vanu numbers on Mattherson considerably.

Thank you for your very useful insight. :D
  8. Bryony

Cheers Dude :D
  9. Talizzar

It will be fine. I was not happy when they first started talking merges as this has ruining many a good game in the past but those games are nothing like PS2. TE has the numbers to do what they want when they want normally.

If we can start working together maybe we can actually start to push in multiple directions on multiple continents.
    • Up x 1
  10. MasterCheef

I wouldnt want the TE mindset to spread any further than it has already. I want people that actually enjoy playing the game for the objectives and not just for making cool you-tube videos.

While im sure they have fun doing what they do, i think that style of play will kill any sort of strategy or possible meta-game that can develop in PS2. Their like a bunch of pirates. Theyre not playing for the faction.

I wouldnt want them gone,its cool to have a roving pirate squad that destroy things like locust. I just hope no other TR outfit tries to emulate their style. Hopefully this merger brings a REAL TR outfit to matherson. One whos goal is to dominate and keep the maps red.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cyridius

Though it's the 2nd page in, I'm just going to warn you a hell load of the information you'll be receiving(/have received) will be pure lies and rumors. If I were you I'd wait for the change and just see for yourself. If you want information on the biggest outfit on the server just watch the leader's stream @ between 7 and 11 EST(An hour from when this post has been made).

EDIT: It auto-embedded it for me lol well that's handy. Come back to this post in 30 minutes.

With that you'll get an extremely solid view on how things work on our server TR side. Outfits tend to co-ordinate at an OK level, but from what I've heard SolTech seems more organized in a cross-outfit fashion. There are some entirely uncooperative outfits on our server and they often post on these forums, so I would be pessimistic from what you hear here as it's a skewed view either way.

A quick rundown of the outfits;

VS

Azure Twilight[AT] - Probably the second most organized outfit on the server, it holds most of the active organized numbers VS side. Tactics consist of Magriders and MAX suit usage.

TEST[TEST] - Reddit outfit, not very organized, has a lot of the numbers, strategy is primarily Magriders.

Ghosts of the Revolution[GOTR] - Small outfit, but organized, pretty mixed tactically

Those are the guys I'm semi-knowledgable about. I don't play with 'em, I don't watch their streams, this is just my experience when I fight them and read about them here or there. There are some other outfits on the server like BBRO and NNG which I've fought against.

NC

GOONswarm[GOON] - The Something Awful outfit. Bad leadership, lots of numbers, but I haven't seem them as a cohesive force since the days we'd fight on Esamir

Blue Lions[BL] - Large outfit, organized

Strumgrenadier[SG] - Not a bad outfit for NC, they're small though. Organized.

Another large outfit is TAS(Dunno outfit name) which are large and organized. I don't know how they operate. That's about it on the NC front.

A'int gonna talk about any TR outfits but my own. It'll lead to a giant dick waving contest and people will just be petty. I'll give a mention to Validus Gamers and Black Widow Company, they're decent outfits.

The Enclave[TE] - Largest outfit on the server. Runs about 3 platoons each night. Highly organized with one leader. Cooperates with smaller outfits(If willing). Usually the driving body behind most TR activity on the server in prime time - though they only operate on weekdays 7-11pm EST. TE primarily works as an infantry fighting force, makes use of MAX suits and Galaxies and is known for game changing tactics like Annihilator squads(And before that SKEP Launchers).

The balance of power rests like this on the server right now;

NC > TR > VS

Ever since Mags were nerfed and warpgates were rotated, VS haven't had presence. The biggest and best fights are between NC and TR on the server and NC, while I hold little knowledge of their outfits, have really come into their own and gotten themselves organized since the warpgates rotated.

I can say with confidence that if SolTech guys go into this server without preconceived notions and bias, we're all gonna have alot more fun. Especially on the TR side. Alot of the TR on Mattherson that post here just don't think and they bad mouth the hell out of their own server primarily because they don't like TE. Drives away alot of curious people. Don't be one of them.
    • Up x 3
  12. AtroposZero

Great summary of the Mattherson server.

From a VS perspective, I hope there's some organized outfits and, well, just numbers in general coming. We appear to have been home to most of the 4th faction stooges until the MBT changes, and now they've all vaporized. As mediocre as they are as players, there's still something to be said for cannon fodder and sheer numbers able to spread out and hold territory; as painful as it is to say this, I'd rather have a bunch of mediocre players in random public squads on my faction than in another faction. While it's certainly more rewarding to take and hold territory when you're at a 3:2 pop disadvantage, sometimes you just want to know that a continent lock is possible. It's disheartening to click on all 3 continent maps, look at the population skew, and consistently see your faction massively outgunned.
  13. Cyridius

14. Deathrus

TE are all!!!

:)
    • Up x 1
  15. Soques

For the TR coming to from Sol Tech. I can tell you that you are about to join some of the best pilots in the game. I get shot down in my liberator daily by some fantastic mossie pilots. I look forward to future months with more population to take to the sky.
    • Up x 1
  16. TrenchDigger

Honey Badgers don't give a ****
  17. Duskguy

i havent played much this past month, but before that, i was leading a small 3-6 man outfit squad almost daily. and i can say TE didnt really ask for help or try to coordinate with others much unless they couldnt do it with their 2-4 platoons. mostly they just try telling people "go here" "go there"... thats not coordinating, thats "we're better and we are here, so go somewhere else" imo.

on the other hand, there ARE TE guys that are cool, they arent all like buzzcut.
    AOD is a bit smaller and usually runs 2 platoons almost daily open to randoms.
    BWC and BONK are again, a bit smaller than AOD and usually run a platoon with randoms to fill in slots.
    the rest of the outfits are quite small, but do work together rather well with the other guys, assuming buzzcut isnt either drunk or simply being a tryhard (dick).

as for the VS and NC, as mentioned, they have their own outfits, and while i cant speak too in depth about them, they seem at least coordinated, if smaller than TE.
    • Up x 1
  18. Doom721

Oh Mattherson. I welcome you to our domain :)

I came to the server knowing TE, AT and TEST would be here. Though I was hoping some outfits like DVS would of came... or some west server players like the Devil Dogs from Beta... but they didn't so we were a little disorganized at first I think.

Lets see on the TR side you see a common clash between the NC, its a grudge of all grudges and I laugh because our server is so close into the lore of the NC rebelling from the TR its not even funny.

The TR have some notable outfits mentioned earlier and the ones I primarily know/respect are TE, AOD, BWC and BONK. Those are the ones that I say "Ok here we go" against because I know they have backup. BWC gets a lot of respect in my book they have some amazingly painful players... looking at you sgtmaxpower... darn you and Seeker.

The NC have a lot of smaller outfits that I recognize, ST, SG, and CML come to mind. Bigger outfits are more like TAS and GOON which they roll a lot of big zerg attacks, TAS seems to pick up a lot of pub guys and throw them into a platoon/outfit. I'm really not in an outfit worth mentioning, just my five-ish gaming buddies who are either family/someone I met through PS2. I like to try and keep a hold on chokepoints/small bases from them getting wasted - or assimilate myself with the main "zerg" though I avoid biolabs on our server like the plague ( Everyone loves to hold up in them forever )

The VS though, they are some crafty buggers. I respect the VS for they make some nice territory gain on Indar with less players and they have some very good outfits. AT and GOTR strike fear in me, especially GOTR's battle galaxy that roams around - Its something that most likely won't die and will kill you. NNG is smaller but I highly respect their organization and prowess, I see a lot of them. There are a always a few people that when they kill me I remember their name. Nivhilus or whatever and Sogui come to mind, they have some really skilled players. I think the VS on our server is talented and great at holding ground. I hardly ever see a "VS zerg" its much more spread out and organized. They only really seem to group up for the big pushes.

I think the current balance is a power struggle between the NC and TR, with numbers fluxing between dominance between the two factions, where VS always seems outnumbered here they put up a really really good fight most of the time. I swear, most NC just outright despise the TR so much that we ignore the VS constantly, I think its the same for them to an extent - maybe its all in my head.

With the VS getting a large influx of players, the NC getting a bolster to random troops, and the TR getting some smaller more skilled outfits like our servers VS I think we are in for a good fight. I expect the VS Soltech zerg to really push them ahead of the game, similar to how the so called smaller TR outfits of Soltech are going to bolster the mega-zerg of the TR on alternate fronts. I don't know anything about the NC of Soltech though, this disheartens me but I welcome any more people with open arms! The more the merrier!
    • Up x 6
  19. Linedan

To give you a taste of Mattherson, from tonight.

TR had us (NC) pushed back into our Indar warpgate for about 45 minutes to an hour. It's not unusual for them to take ground early in the evening, but this wasn't just the normal early-evening TE zerg. Try multiple platoons simultaneously at Alkali Storage or whatever the place is just east of our warpgate, Camp Waterson, AND Mao, with single platoons at NS Salvage Yard and Benson Construction. The fighting got so vicious up there between our warpgate and Camp Waterson that the server was puking hairballs all night with turrets not coming off overheat, repair guns and ammo packs not working or working intermittently, etc. I think we (SMG) made three pushes through Alkali into Waterson and got pushed back each time by a combination of tough defense at Waterson and armor rolling up from Mao. TR damn sure ate their Wheaties tonight...it's usual to see TE making pushes but the sheer size and ferocity of the TR attack and the stubborn defense they put up were the biggest I've seen since the warpgate switch. I saw a lot of AOD and BONK armor in addition to TE in pretty much anything and everything (infantry, armor, and air).

At one point early in the evening VS only had 18% pop, with TR around 45 and NC with 37. It balanced out a bit more later on and VS pushed out a bit up to about the Rashnu-Zurvan line while we were trying to get the TR off our warpgate.

Now if we can get fights like that on two or even all three continents at once--minus the ugly server lag and the us getting warpgated part of course--that would be amazing.
    • Up x 2
  20. xGreedFuSioN

I really hope these server merges lead to population boosts on the other continents. Esamir never has ANYONE on it EVER, Amerish occasionally has ~25 players on it. Which really sucks because my camos go great with Esamir, and both of the previously listed continents look about 100x better than fuggin' INDAR aesthetically.

On another note VS have been comin on pretty hard on mattherson lately, really hope stuff gets evened out.. SO TIRED OF FIGHTING A 3WAY AT THE CROWN XC Just meatshielding all the way. Oh did I mention Indar sucks? No? Oh yeah, Indar sucks.
    • Up x 1