[TR]Opinion on 'best' assault rifle

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by BradyHeath, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Cygnus

TAR shoots slower than the TRV, the only thing it has going for it is the small hip COF

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...=AR&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  2. SlyHix

Okay for all the people correcting me I was wrong about the TAR shooting faster than the TRV. They are almost identical though. I have since gone back and put in much more testing on the guns; in fact I have the Araxium Medal for both of them.

The TAR seems to be much lower on the recoil front, that or I have gotten used to it very fast. Even without an option to get the 2x scope I seem to be able to kill at range better with the TAR now. I am still a firm believer that you can get a lower TTK with the TAR due to the accuracy in hip fire seeming to extend forever. On paper the tiny bit of a speed boost the TRV has is negated by the higher recoil and larger COF (again this is my opinion.) At this point the TAR is my favorite when certed out.

As an almost pure infantry fighter the TR combat medic guns are the best I have used. The Vanu guns are easier to control but they just don't seem to have the umpfh that the TR guns have.

I still say the SABR sucks
  3. Totemhugger

Like everyone else, I started of using the Standard Cycler T1. A really good weapon and may I say, the best stock weapon of any class. Hands down, the medic is able to dish out amazing damage, but usually not on the medium/long range. Due to this disability and knowing I play in large groups all the time, I went for a CQC gun.
    The Cycler TRV was the first thing to come to mind and 10-15 minutes into trial, I was sold. Never looked back. I got the forward grip on it for those fights slightly outside the CQC range to make slightly longer bursts possible.
    I take on heavies with ease, get ~40-50% of a MAX suit on several occasions and am just dangerous.

In my opinion, 3 guns stand out:
    Cycler T1
    Cycler T1S
    Cycler TRV

I don't like the NS-11, as it just doesn't bring enough pain.

What is important on your choice as lots of guns are good:
    1) Do I want an underbarrel grenade launcher?
    2) Am I a support medic or a battle medic? (Do you stay tight in groups or you want a nice K/D and play solo a lot)
    3) What areas do I usually play? (Open field or inside bases)
    4) How well can I cope with recoil? (That's a bit skill based)
    • Up x 1
  4. XanderF

I'm not sure I liked the NS-11 when I first got it, but it was free from Gamestop, so I stuck with it...

I do actually like the gun. The stats it has that aren't really that clear is that the bullet velocity - even stock - is MUCH higher than any other medic gun. And the accuracy is really quite high - even at pretty long ranges, it fires a moderately tight grouping.

When combined with high velocity ammo, compensator, and grip...it works quite well with a 3.4x site to pick off targets at a distance.

I actually prefer it to the SABR-13, as the two-bullet burst on the SABR is basically worthless (you aren't going to kill anything with that), and the NS-11 can put three rounds in about the same grouping as the SABR puts its two...while the SABR does a bit more damage per round, it's not near enough to make up for an entire additional bullet hit.
  5. Talizzar

I really like the TAR. I have not tried the NS-11 yet.
  6. HerpTheDerp

To me it's a contest between TAR and NS-11A, because both have the 0.75x ADS movement speed modifier, which is simply awesome.

And the clear winner of that contest is NS-11A. It has identical CQB stats to TAR but has even less recoil and is noticeably more accurate when ADS moving. Over a second shorter reload time too.
  7. Fyrdoc

I personally like the Carnage BR. The recoil is vertical which is almost non existent with my setup. I have a front grip and suppressor. I may not have the damage output as others, but my lower recoil allows me to put more rounds on target. I can also hit at distance while not alot of damage it will force people to back up or put their heads down.