[TR]Opinion on 'best' assault rifle

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by BradyHeath, Dec 20, 2012.

1. BradyHeath

I know there is no such thing as a 'best' assault rifle, I'm just wondering on everyone elses opinions.
    I'm currently leaning towards the NS-11A as I have trialed it and think it is a very powerful medic weapon for Terran Republic. Also I'm wondering what I should buy next with my certification points, last level of medic gun (500) revive grenade (400) C4 (200) or something completely different, I'd love replys.

Thanks, BradyHeath.
  2. FoolArcana

Personally, I love the T1 Cycler the best. It's got range, accuracy, and a fast fire rate. The NS11 is really similar to it, so I never felt the need to get the new gun. Although, I suppose if you want more customization options, go with the NS11, but frankly, I've never found the need for anything else other than the mods already given with the T1 Cycler.

I also use a Cycler TRV for those really close quarter situations, like biolabs. These are the 2 rifles I've used since I've started the game. I have an Auraxiam medal for the T1 cycler and over halfway there with the TRV.

I think the new TAR is essentially an upgrade to the TRV, but someone will have to verify that.

As for your next purchase, I'd get the Lvl6 Med Tool. It just makes life so much easier as a combat medic. You can use if from longer ranges, much faster at healing and even more so at rezzing, and best of all, you don't have to wait around to heal the guy after he pops up. Just rez and run away. You don't even have to stop moving if you're just doing a run by rez.

C4 is also really fun. It can drop MAXs easily and is great for helping take out vehicles in a pinch.
  3. }{ellKnight

I have a T1S Cycler and a TRV and I'm very happy with both of them.

T1S is highly adaptable and I use it as my medium to long range gun. I'm using high velocity ammo, compensator, grip and 3.4x red dot sights and it works wonders. You can attach almost anything to it except long range scopes and advanced grips and lasers.

TRV is godlike in close quarters. Mine has adv. laser, soft point ammo and 2x reflex sights.

With these 2 guns and the self healing ability I can stay alive for longer and support my team and kill my fair share of people (thus helping my side out even more).
  4. KodiakX

T1S is a solid all around choice. It works in just about every environment but somewhat suffer sin CQC. It has great medium and long range performance and the Underbarrel Grenade Launcher is sweet as all get out when it doesn't bug out. I have my auraxium medal with it and totally felt I got my $7 worth.

TRV is also a solid choice having one of the highest firing rates in the game giving it really high DPS. It's also cheap and I often times recommend it to people who don't have station cash to throw around. It does have some pretty wicked recoil if you full auto it into oblivion (and I'm terrible at controlling this) so I use a foregrip with it. This gives me great performance in short to medium range but naturally gotta really control/burst it for long range shots.

TAR is basically the TRV with a few slight modifications. Basically it's more accurate (more controllable recoil and tighter hip fire) at the cost of 45 RPM (basically less DPS). It is not a direct upgrade to the TRV as a result (cause it's less DPS but easier to control). I use the Advanced Laser Sight on the TAR to really play to the strength of having amazing accuracy in all modes.
  5. Tetryon

T1s is all you need. It gives the medic everything you need while still being incredibly accurate and doing excellent damage. Under barrels are just freebies.
  6. SlyHix

T1S is good for versatility. Decent CQC decent range middle ground gun.

NS-11A is probably the best mid range gun and has the top accuracy without many upgrades along with extremely good reload speeds.

SABR is the best long range but personally I hate it.

TRV is my favorite with very good speed, controllable recoil, fast CQC, accurate at long ranges in burst or auto, accurate in close combat to a good distance with double laser sights.

TAR is the old TRV with very long CQC accuracy and the highest rate of rife. I think this gun has the fastest TTK. Accurate at long range only in short bursts. Personally I still stick with the TRV.
  7. Badname2490

T1S has the ability to under-barrel things such as grenade launcher etc etc.
    TRV Is your go to for close quarters, slap an adv. laser on it and you'll have a hip fire champ
    NS-11 and SABR (Think like the AN in bf3) is your range weapon.
  8. }{ellKnight

Actually the TRV has the highest rate of fire, not the TAR. TRV still has the fastest TTK.
  9. bldyannoyed

Got the NS-11 myself a couple of days ago. Wanted a mid to long range weapon and on that count it doesn't disappoint.

HV Ammo, 4x scope, Compensator and foregrip give it good accuracy at range. Not really the best weapon for solo kill whoring because it's dps isn't awesome at distance but in big fights the accuracy lets you very easily get kill assists and you can rack up headshots if you can aim.

Compared to the standard cycler its light years ahead for longer ranges. Can't compare it to anything else though as they are the only 2 AR's I have used.
  10. InducedApathy

using the cycler trv on my tr medic. Switch it up with as16 or cycler trv.
  11. AxisO7

Completely depends on what range you find most of your engagements happen at. Personally, the way I play I tend to find most engagements happen at close-to-medium range, so the TRV is my gun of choice. If you find you are fighting at range more often, then the others above have mentioned guns better for that.

Figure out your natural style of play, then get the gun that compliments that the best.
  12. Paulus

I tend to run with just a TRV, i have the 2x HRD sight, so its good for medium and close range work. If i need to kill at longer range i leave it to the HA or snipers. I just give the targets position to my team, and they take it further, while i continue to heal the front line and give back up fire
  13. alecholman

TRV feels like cheating after using the default for so long, it's so beautiful at CQC and even at mid range. Can be good at long range in bursts. I feel like the recoil is VERY EASY to manage and I don't use a grip.
  14. Fanaticalist

I love my NS-11a. I use it in a "base" setup for close to medium ranges with the 2xHRD and a "battlefield" setup at medium to long ranges with a 3.4x scope. As a medic, you'll be concentrating on the rest of the team, but it's nice having a strong, versatile rifle that you can use to cover with when needed. At long ranges I'm no sniper, but I can do some damage by switching to single-shot and plinking away.
  15. P149U3

Medic - NS-11 or TRV
    Engy - T5 AMC
    Light Assault - T5 AMC
  16. }{ellKnight

Yeah, grip is totally pointless on the TRV IMO. Recoil is more than manageable (then again it is on all guns).
  17. Casual

The TRV. Close combat is when you need a good gun the most. For long range you can just revive a few heavies or snipers.
  18. YuanrangJA

The T1S is what's best for me. It's decent at all ranges (not overpowering in close quarters though), but it is solid, stable and that underbarrel attachment has saved me more times than I can count. Some people will say that it is wonky, and yes it is wonky in extremely close distances to the target (nearly in your face kind of close), but in that situation it is usually not so damn smart to get an explosion in your face anyway and it is not a guaranteed kill at full health. It does, however, do very high amounts of damages even as splash or certainly as a direct hit, and just firing it straight after tossing a grenade has given me quite a few clear-outs, punching a hole through a defensive line or simply gotten a massive kill-streak out of it.

My mentality is that the T1S is the best choice, and if I ever wanted a very close quarters weapon, I'd opt for a shotgun.
  19. Krugan

I'm with most of these guys. I like the T1S with compensator, high velocity ammo, reflex 1x, and under barrel grenade launcher. I like the grenade launcher because it can clear a group of people clustered in cover.
  20. XanderF

The T1S is nice because you can run completely different kits with it very easily, which lets you have different play styles and still use the same gun (to rank it towards the 200-cert 'auraxium medal' that much faster).

When I was using it heavily (before I hit 'auraxium' and switched to other weapons), I ran a couple different loadouts:
    - Long range. HDS 3.4x, high velocity ammo, compensator, underbarrel grenade. (Usually carry the medkits in my utility slot)
    - Mid-range. 1x Reflex, soft point ammo, suppressor (LOOOOOVE the suppressor), underbarrel grenade. (Usually carry C-4 in my utility slot, here)
    - Close-range/indoors. HSNV, no special ammo, suppressor, underbarrel shotty...or smoke grenade, at night. (Usually carry C-4 in my utility slot, here - great for dealing with MAX armors or setting up a trap at cap points)

...although since maxing it out at the medal, I've switched to a proper shotgun for indoor work, and I do like that better. The AS-16 with extended clip and slug ammo is...tasty.