TR has the best warpgate on all 3 continents, rotate please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SlingBlade, Sep 16, 2013.

1. SlingBlade

It is pretty bad for the world domination series that TR has the most pop on nearly every server. Not only do they have that huge advantage for the event but they also hold the all of the best warpgates for territory control %. SOE can't do easy/quick changes to fix population balance but they can definitely rotate the warpgates to get rid of TR's advantage. The warpgate rotation is over 2 weeks late. Please just rotate the warpgate, stop waiting for the next game update to do so.
  2. Pikachu

Explain what makes north Indar so good. I do think south Esamir is best because then you don't have the perpetual battles over Maini biolab.
  3. SlingBlade

All 3 of the warpgates TR currently have are the ones that are far away from the other 2 warpgates on each continent. This leads the two closer warpgates to fight each other more often. The far away warpgate has lots of territory that is very far from the other two warpgates. This usually leads to them owning a lot more territory then the other two factions. Having this advantage also gives them lots of resources which makes it easier and more fun to attack and defend on those continents. With the sole objective of the world domination event being territory control across all 3 continents, these warpgates give TR a clear advantage even without their overpopulation.
  4. Lamat

Why don't they make each faction have the "good wargate" on one of the coninents. Then still rotate to keep the battles fresh, but it seems weird to give it all to one faction. Also VS sort of got jacked, i dont think they got to keep it this long.
  5. Blue_Moon

No. No more warpgate rotations and I'll tell you why- the fact is that sony shouldn't have to rotate the empire's warpgates because one position is more advantageous than the other. Time for some basic geometry up in here:

[IMG]

That's why we have the issues we have. Take a good look- the warpgates are NOT organized in what should be an equilateral triangle- it's isosceles. The significance is that, in this example, the VS and NC are geometrically and literally closer together than either one is from the TR. This means that, assuming each empire started with an equal number of territories, the TR can move unopposed for much longer and support its front lines more effectively. The way to solve this is to move the NC and VS warpgates further upwards. This creates an equilateral triangle, which means that all warpgates are the same distance from each other. We can't make it perfect since the continents are not perfect circles, but they are "roundish" enough so that it would certainly do a LOT of good. I'd argue that such a shifting alone would balance the empires out quite a bit and make the game overall that much more balanced and fun.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tommyp2006

flat out rotating doesn't work right. Because one faction shouldn't have the "best" warpgate on all three continents. The order needs mixed up.
    • Up x 5
  7. Pikachu

Maybe it should be like this instead then. Here warpgates are more evenly placed. Btw I wish continents had a hexagonal shape.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  8. leo4444

How come we didnt have post like these when the VS had the same warpgate a couple weeks ago?
    • Up x 4
  9. SlingBlade

Long term that is definitely what needs to happen. The warpgate layouts need to be equal like on hossin. Unfortuantely doing this for indar,esamir and amerish would take a lot of work to fix. In the meantime I just hope they make sure that no faction has more than 1 of the best warpgates.

1. VS is underpopped on all but one server, TR is overpopped on almost all servers
    2. The warpgate was rotated on schedule, one GU every two weeks. This warpgate rotation is 2+ weeks late
    3. We didn't have ALL of the best warpgates, we did have Indar which is the most important but not all of them. TR currently has all of the best warpgates
    4. The world domination event started, they should have put some thought behind fairness before starting it, or at least react quickly to fix this problem.
    • Up x 1
  10. BigMacDeez

I'm glad you did. The TR does not have a population advantage on every server. Nor do they have the "Best Warpgate" on every continent either. Here's a tip, maybe one of your friends can tell you: just play the game! The outcome of the World Domination event will not be set in stone because of Warpgates, it will be because of players.
  11. BigMacDeez

Exactly. If this guy's (SlingBlade's) faction doesn't have it, no one should! Conspiracy!!
  12. Axehilt

Personally I think North Indar is the worst gate on that continent. You have to attack from the north against Quartz Ridge, Palisade, and Howling Pass, which are some of the easily bases to defend from the south (and also tend to be easier to attack from the south.)

The cliffs make it incredibly time-consuming (if it's possible at all) to attempt flanks against those positions.

Quite a few times over the last few weeks I've relogged to my VS or NC characters (or logged off entirely) to avoid those futile meatgrinders. It'd be nice to see them improved to be a bit more tactical.

The other bases aren't quite so bad from the north (although the Seabed lattice link ends in attacking The Crown from the north, which isn't too much better than Quartz/Palisade/Howling.)
  13. Pikachu

I would like to add that there seems to be a lot easier to go back and forth between east and west than upwards because of the bases. Quartz Ridge and the thing on the other side are among the most difficult bases to attack. On the west side there are perpetual battles back and forth between Excavation and Quartz Ridge. When north makes it through Quartz Ridge then they are going to be bombarded as they pass through the valley to Hvar tech plant, the assault usually stops there.
  14. Ronin Oni

Uhm...

You know each of the 3 continents we have now will each be the "home continent" to a different empire?

Wanna take bets the further WG is going to belong to said faction?

All they need to do is give each faction 1 of the better WG's

We don't need a WG rotation, we need a WG scramble
  15. KAHR-Alpha

1. I can only speak of Ceres, but the current TR overpop is really due to the warpgate rotation. When we had the SE we were basically warpgated on Indar every evening
    2. no, warpgates are rotated whenever they feel like it, and not always in a consistent manner
    3. the best warpgate on Amerish is the NE one, because the terrain is much more friendly than in the south. The southern warpgate can basically be locked by camping highroad station. Borth northern warpgates are also only two jumps away from their amp stations, meaning that they have easier access to air resources which are critical on Amerish.
    4. you could ask people how the empire showdown went as far as fairness is concerned (territories not reset)
  16. Lucidius134

because TR had north indar for at least 80% of beta
  17. Zotamedu

I guess you're new here. The warpgate rotatio has not been on a fixed schedule ever. There's always been delays and sometimes one faction has the northern warpgate on Indar for longer than another faction. It's always been like that so don't get your panties in a twist. The rotation is coming and it's not coming faster because you whine of the forums.
  18. Jube

We are the TR! We get special treatment. Don't like it? Too bad!!
    A trolls gotta troll lol
  19. Nepau

There is a lot more at play for the imbalance then just the WG locations in relation to one another.

The Northern area of Indar is rather flat, and lends it's self to long range fighting, due to how weapons are, the TR and VS have the better long range AV weapons then the NC (infantry) giving them some part of an advantage. Also when you look at the various choke points, there are really 3 major choke points south, causing the forces to funnel mostly though them (howling pass on the East, Quartz ridge on the west and Crown in the center).

Now if you look at those chokes, there is a rather large sight line from the north to them, giving the Northen defenders an advantage in that they can engage any vehicles coming from the south with ease compared to the south pushing north. While those 2 far ones ( east west) are also limiting the advance south, in % of territory control that still means about 50% of the map is south of those chokes, with 2 factions in easier attack paths to one another then to the north.

The Crown is another choke to the north, but again due to the layout of the south, it tends to funnel the 2 south gates into in, causing the 2 sides to fight one another instead of pushing north.

Basically its a mixture of How the terrain and lattice funnels people that causes the north of Indar to be the more powerful gate to have. Until we are in the Home continents setup, this will continue to be a problem.
    • Up x 1
  20. HLM

Man, don't you see it? This is all just part of their plan. SOE have wanted it this way from the start and we've all just been taken along for the ride. Open your eyes to the truth:

[IMG]
    • Up x 14