TR empire traits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaRZy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. LaRZy

I get that TR have fast firing weaps as a faction trait, but giving them the fastest vechs and the fastest firing is kind of two faction traits in comparison to what the other two Empires get ?

I know this may sound like a grass is redder on the other side of the fence, but we all know speed is king, but rate of fire and rate of movement is two traits really..
    • Up x 1
  2. Tommyp2006

Every faction has their own faction vehicle traits, at least as far as MBTs go, though arguably the Prowler has 2. Prowler is the fastest and has the highest sustained damage output, the Vanguard has armor, and the Magrider is the most mobile. Personally, I feel on the side of speed that the 10kph difference between them is negligible, considering how much faster tank shells move.
    • Up x 5
  3. Lamat

Don't forget more ammo too ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

Well NC get the slowest firing weapons AND the slowest vehicles so it is all fai......... hang on! :eek: ;)
    • Up x 2
  5. Fellgnome

Such bad equipment those poor poor NC have to deal with, probably why they're the least played faction.
    • Up x 2
  6. DatVanuMan

The VS get the slowest vehicle speeds, youngling. Which is why WE suck, not you.
    • Up x 3
  7. Fellgnome

Only if you ignore vehicle physics and practical use.

Hover gives you higher speed and mobility on most uneven terrain which the game is full of. Vanguard moving uphill is a snail. Sure, it's heavy and will go downhill faster or maybe across completely flat terrain, but realistically that's nowhere near as useful in gameplay as magrider's hover.

Magrider has issues but they aren't mobility/speed related.
    • Up x 3
  8. Axehilt

Just because you can't boil a faction down to one single trait doesn't mean things are imbalanced. You definitely can't describe the VS faction in a single trait, yet they're quite competitive.

If you have specific things you think are overpowered, bring them up. But panicking because you can't sum up an entire faction in one trait is not a valid framework for balance discussion.
    • Up x 6
  9. DatVanuMan

Strafe is useless, is slower than the Vanguard on even ground despite the fact that it has the resistance values of a Prowler but deals even less damage... So yeah, I don't like the Magrider.
  10. TheMish

Speed is King? I have yet to see the Prowler's speed become useful, the Mosquito is barely acceptable.
  11. Lord_Avatar

Yeah right - useless... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 8
  12. Lord_Avatar

True. And even on the Mossy it's barely an asset. Once you get into a fight cruise speed counts for nothing.
  13. DatVanuMan

Let me ask you something.
    What is faster? 26 km/h, or a projectile that is approaching you at 225 METERS PER SECOND?
    If you manage to miss a Magrider at ranges below render, you must now know how to aim.
  14. Goretzu

Speed, acceleration and mobility/strafing/turning (or just terrain)? No way.

Yup it is terrible. :(

Which is probably why today the NC have had a world wide population disadvantage/advatage ranging from -4% to +2% with a prime time advantage of a whopping +0.1 to 0.4%! (or ~45 more people across all servers). :D
  15. jiggu

Pffft hahahaha what
    • Up x 4
  16. LIKE A BOSS!

If you know how to aim than yes strafe is useless. Its very easy to hit a strafing magrider in a lockdown prowler. If you can't then l2p.
    • Up x 2
  17. DatVanuMan

Worst speed, worst acceleration (Takes forever to reach max speed because of hover) and turning is not that useful because Magriders have no way to look behind them. In a frontal fight, Magriders are at such a disadvantage because they deal less damage than Prowlers yet have the same defense, while Vanguards will wreck them because they have far more armor AND far more damage.
  18. DatVanuMan

And once again, the TR overrate more useless VS tech. What can you expect?:rolleyes:
  19. TheMish

I have the Rival Combat Chassis, and Racer Chassis. I tried both.

Even in a zig zag pattern, at full speed. I'm so easy to hit.

When I tried the Racer Chassis, I maxed out at 64 kph...what the ****.

Some ******* **** eh? The NC not only get the best armor, and a shield blocking all damage. But they also have the hardest hitting gun.

The VS get a swift Magrider that is a total ***** to hit, while it maintains pin point accuracy.

And the TR get the Burger tank with **** for armor, and a gun that's near useless unless you lockdown. Thanks for the speed! Seriously, it takes a special kind of subhuman dumb ******* ****** to combine **** armor, with locking yourself in place.
    • Up x 2
  20. DatVanuMan

Indeed.