TR Carbine advice

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by HarvestCheddar, Apr 30, 2013.

1. vaxx

There is no need for the NS-11c for a TR. There are better options. It is not bad for say a VS LA though, but still nothing great.

Not sure what changes are going to be made for Lynx with the next patch, but as of right now, its my favorite carbine for TR. Great at CQC, good at medium range, and decent for longer ranges. People like to argue the Jag is better for an all around carbine, and I have to disagree. The fact that the Lynx has a controllable recoil pattern makes all the difference. With the Jag you cannot control the L/R unbalanced recoil, it is out of your hands.

If you are trying to hit a target at 50m+ with the Jag, even if you are spot on, some bullets will miss and there is nothing you can do about it. With the Lynx, you can control the recoil, and allow bullets to hit on target.

I like both to be honest. I just feel like having more control for med-longer ranges, a higher RoF for CQC, makes the Lynx a great all around TR carbine.
    • Up x 1
  2. metrotw

ns11c is almost the same exact gun as the trac5 amc aka a piece of ****.

as a tr LA you have 2 options. jag or lynx.

as someone with over 4000 jag kills and having recommended the jag over the lynx to MANY people in my very large outfit I can tell you that neither I nor anyone who has ever bought it with my blessing has ever felt let down by it.

with the upcoming nerf to 800+ rpm weapons the jag will become an even better buy over the lynx.

ask yourself this question: the lynx really only excels in the under 10m category of gameplay...which if you want to engage that close why arent you using a shotgun of some sort?...ANY shotgun will destroy a carbine user at the ranges the high rpm carbines
    are good at. You ever see a tower battle go down without hearing shotguns going off left and right? Exactly.

now the jag on the other hand gives you a VERY slight disadvantage at under 10M (milliseconds) however between 10 and 60 you get the rather large advantage of very easy to manage recoil along with ridiculously accurate hipfire. so what this means is you WILL lose to a serpent\gd-7f\vx6\smg user if you both start firing at the EXACT same time and both land all your shots..a rather unlikely scenario. if you lose to any of those guns in cqc it's because they are the better player or got the drop on you first.
    you will be MUCH more effective at medium ranges and still be able to beat any other carbine up close if you get the drop on them, score head shots, flank them etc.

tl;dr Jaguar all day. advanced laser and hs\nv or 1x reflex sight. If you play on a server with a lot of noobs who NEVER look up add a suppressor and camp out in the tops of trees and laugh your *** off as you rack up kills. ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. Holzpikker

Tech, Bio lab, cqc: Lynx(Adv. Laser, Suppressor, Night vision, soft ammu)
    Medium, long range combat: NS-11C (Compensator + Forward grip)
    • Up x 1
  4. kadney

And I bought the Lynx a while ago.. /facepalm What a waste of 1000 long earned certs...
  5. Benevon

I love when they dont look up ( which doesnt happen often since the server merges, a lot better players now). The other day I just hid on top of the canopy over the outer wall of an amp station and picked off guys over and over at a sunderer inside the walls. Eventually a gunner in the sunderer saw me...but by that time our HAs got there and took it out :D

Edit: this was all done with my jag w/adv laser, NV and suppressor.
  6. metrotw

Good man. :)

After reading the patch notes it seems we will be able to finally "look down"...muhahahaha
  7. Kroova

Trac-5 Forever!

Seriously though, I would hold off until after GU8 to buy a weapon.

Lynx and Jaguar are both good (i.e. there is no "wrong choice" either way).
  8. Shuuda

Today I gave the T5 AMC another try after being constantly disappointed with it in the past, and good gravey did this update do it a kindness. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but the gun just feels a whole lot better, almost to the point where I'm considering its use as my more general outdoors carbine. With the compensator, advanced forward grip, and HVA it's a real beast now.
  9. metrotw

Yep, they did a good job with it. It's now my outfit's go to "long range" carbine.
  10. Javik

I love the Lynx, laser sight and HS/NV sight to spot mines. jet pack up a tree or ledge and rain death down
  11. HarvestCheddar

I was using the three in the VR room, the NS11C truly is better at longer ranges, but you do get shafted at close range. I do have the Trac 5 S, problem is, fire-rate is lower than the default, and the attachments (notably the UBGL) not only don't work properly, they've been nerfed further!

I've started running with the default Trac 5 w/ NV scope (had UBGL/UGSG, HVA, NV scope & Supressor/Compensator on my Trac 5 S) and I've found myself performing much better :\

Hopefully the AMC doesn't suck any longer haha

Thanks again, though!
  12. HarvestCheddar

Unfortunately, I'm in love with my jetpacks :p

The Cycler does sound pretty bad-*** though!
    • Up x 1
  13. HarvestCheddar

What are your effective ranges, as compared to the NS11C? Also, do you fire one shot at a time or are bursts still accurate?
  14. HarvestCheddar

Oh man, I feel your pain!
  15. HarvestCheddar

Badass!
  16. HarvestCheddar

What are your effective ranges, as compared to the NS11C? Also, do you fire one shot at a time or are bursts still accurate?
  17. HarvestCheddar

Roger that, but at the same time, I'm trying to figure out which matches my play-style the best. After all these posts... still no clue! Haha
  18. Farlion

Don't get the Lynx anymore. They absolutely ***** it. It's not useless, but the Jaguar is now miles ahead of the Lynx.
  19. Phrygen

its really not "wasted" but its not as good as before

i still like the jag a lot

both seem to do ok with a grip now
  20. Kronic

It's just as good as it was before, just pulls to the right a bit more. Still easy to use imo. The Jag on the other hand feels like garbage. Trialed it today in-game and in VR and just feels like a miniature T9 Carv. Utter garbage compared to the Lynx in my hands.