TR 10 - 20 Meter Gun for Engineer

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by MajorJBird, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Singed

Jaguar with 3.4 scope-I laughed. The Jaguar is my go to gun. It's pretty good at close and with adv laser sight is has tight hip fire. At medium range you have to fire in bursts, but still pretty good.
  2. MajorJBird

I switched to the NV scope the day after I posted this question, I actually have it in both SMG's, the Jag and the Trac 5 S. I think my biggest issue is not sticking with one gun right now. I am still trying the Jag with soft point, adv. laser and nv scope.

Also as someone else mentioned, I think a big issue I have is being too jumpy when I see another and become excited and spray and pray. I am trying to overcome this too at this time. With my nighthawk I usually succeeded but I did run into issues with spraying with the shotgun and being out of effective range. That's why I am trying to use a better gun.

And again, thanks for everyones help, keep up the opinions they are all helpful.
  3. Eric Smith

I have a Lynx with Suppressor, Soft Point, Adv Laser, 3.4x Dot, and NV scope. I haven't used the Jag, but from what I understand the two guns are almost identical and I'd expect most of this advice to translate between the two guns.
    • Suppressor is great for LA, as it keeps you off the radar and reduces the noise of your shots, meaning that if you miss or if there are multiple enemies they can't easily locate you. I don't know how many times I've shot one guy and the other, standing right next to him, never noticed the shooting. I don't feel it affects the accuracy of the weapon very much, but I leave it off my Engy as it's not necessary for him.
    • Soft Point is worthless for LA, but not bad for Engy. Soft Point massively increases the Cone of Fire (CoF) of the Lynx, making it almost useless past 20m range unless you single fire (bursting and full auto suck). For Engy the range limitation isn't too bad, and the damage boost is worthwhile and may be worth getting.
    • Adv Laser is a must for the hip firing, which is what you should be doing in most CQC situations. Do lots of strafing and moving around, and after a half a clip take your finger off the trigger for a moment to let the CoF reset, otherwise you'll waste the second half of the clip barely landing a shot.
    • I switch back and forth between the 3.4x Dot and NV scopes. I like the 3.4x scope for most fighting, as it gives pretty decent accuracy and matches the effective range of the gun when you're moving around behind the lines. NV is a necessity in many nighttime situations where you can't see the enemy. Swap them as appropriate.
  4. Eric Smith

Why would you need a 1x? With Adv Laser the hip fire should be just about as accurate as ADS with a 1x Reflex scope in CQC (and hip firing gives you more speed maneuvering). You want a scope that gives a real advantage when used, which to me means using either the 3.4x (for better accuracy at a little range) or NV (for obvious reasons). The 1x Reflex seems utterly redundant for a weapon that uses Adv Laser for hip firing most of the time.
  5. P149U3

Because putting a 3.4 on weapon for short range is useless
  6. Eric Smith

And again, ADS with only a 1x scope is pointless for a gun which is designed to be hip fired using an Adv. Laser sight. That means that if you're going to put a scope on it at least put one on that's useful - which would be the 3.4x or NV (the first for range, the second for dark). I don't know about the Jag, but the Lynx is good to medium range if you aren't using Soft Point Ammo (from what I understand the two are just about interchangeable, so I'd think the Jag is good to Med as well).
  7. MajorJBird

Wow! I was not aware SPA caused an increase in COF, do you know what the increase is?
  8. Eric Smith

Sorry, I don't know if it's CoF exactly. It's supposed to reduce bullet speed, but from what I've seen accuracy suffers massively when using SP at any range, and I'm not sure what stat is affected to cause that. All I know is that I can't hit crap at anything beyond 20m or so if I'm using Soft Point ammo, and at range damage suffers as well so even if you do hit it's doing less damage.