touchpad or mouse?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Aug 12, 2016.

1. DooDooBreff

Hi, ive been playing with my laptop touchpad since the beginning.

But now im starting to wonder if i can increase my performance by buying a mouse and giving that a shot.

any suggestions on a preferred mouse, and pad for PS2?

Thanks in advance!
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

It's a matter of preference. In the past I would have said "Mouse or go home", but I've seen some 12-year-olds playing minecraft on touchpads and they use it like I would a mouse.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

10/10.
    • Up x 2
  4. Stigma

Real men play their FPS using trackballs - although these days a Kinect may also be acceptable if you want to stay up to date.

-Stigma
  5. AxiomInsanity87

I was using wasd to look around and the numpad for movement when I played on the pc version. I moved to ps4 because it was sht, therefore dead game.
  6. Gundem

**** beat me to it
    • Up x 2
  7. breeje

it's what you prefer, there are some good mouses out there
    but if you want to stay whit a touchpad for gaming i would invest in something like this

[IMG]

i think it would be more comfortable to play on and a little bigger then the touchpad on your laptop
  8. IcEzEbRa

9. ObiVanuKenobi

Racing wheel masterrace.
    • Up x 1
  10. JKomm

If you want to go for a mouse, there are several cheap ones, I personally use a Logitech M510, I'm on my second one... the first lasted for five years and I'll expect this to last just as long. Unfortunately since it's not a gaming mouse however I cannot adjust the DPI which I hear is crucial in many cases.

For comparison, I'm also on a laptop, the touchpad seems like an excruciating experience in online gaming and I think you'd do far better with an actual mouse. But again people say it's preference, I just cannot imagine anyone preferring to use a touchpad over any sort of external controlling hardware(Be it mouse or even console controller).
  11. Halkesh

Well considering how broken my touch pad is on my laptop, I think a mouse will be more resistant.
    However, I've no idea of witch mouse you should use. Just ask the vendor if you can test them a bit before buying so you'll know if they have the right size for your hand.