Today I played for 20m... I have no intentions of playing again until tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DjUnicorn, Jun 9, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

Yes but the sheer coincidence of the fact they have confirmed that are giving better multi threading since confirming a release on the PS4 is a bit suspect.
  2. PhiladelphiaCollins

Multithreading isn't that simple. You can't just flip a toggle and say "ok you're multithreading now!" There's communications concerns between the threads and so on. You could have one thread doing physics and another doing shadows and if they're not "in tune," you're going to have shadows in weird places in relation to the motion of objects etc.

On a modern CPU, it's not really an issue to just load up the CPU with all the work in a single thread; however, the AMD Jaguar on the PS4 is actually not very powerful on it's own...this is for power consumption reasons and blah blah blah. It makes up for it by having 8 separate cores. But this means that developers are going to have to build games around being multithreaded and multicore capable. Otherwise, they'll just run like **** on the PS4.

So yeah, having PS2 going to the PS4 is going to likely result in the PC version getting better multithreading/multicore support. But it's not just some suspicious "oooh they could have done it all along!" conspiracy ********. They just didn't have to until now. But in the end PC users gain the benefits as well.
    • Up x 1
  3. DjUnicorn

Thick as rock...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DT-PWfIQOE&feature=player_detailpage#t=748s

"More serious, though, there are inumerous bugs and random crashes. Sometimes the crashes are so nasty that after my screen and UI flashes as if I'm teleported into mid air... I won't even be able to connect back to the internet and I need a modem and router restart, which I have never EVER encountered before."

I am sure his PC was really bad and his internet too, according to your so "professional insight" that falls in the category of "bragging and ignorance" aka "your internetz iz bad, get better one" "your pc zpecz are bad, buy a better pc" "you just suck and your computer suckz and your internet suckz becauze I don't have any of your problemz, so the game iz completely fine, even if 600+ playerz report the same issue they are just lying becauze I'm right, always right".

This game is completely broken and still presents itself with bugs and massive problems that exist since tech test beta and you are saying "nah, bro, I don't have that so its your terrible internetz and pc, cause i'm a pro and i know this for a fact cause I like to overlook the obvious just to sound like a bad boy".

And FYI, flickering bug STILL causes crashing, which you would know if you DIDN'T LOGOUT BEFORE instead of coming up with ignorant opinions.
  4. Crator

This sounds exactly like what I experienced yesterday. I posted my issue earlier in this thread. BTW, I've never had this issue until I played in large platoons. And I never played in large platoons until yesterday. I've always soloed or played in small squads. And the problem happened right after I logged in and pressed INS key to join a random squad. I had to quickly go to the squad menu screen and remove myself from the squad for it to stop crashing (not responding) on me too. So you might want to try that instead of logging into another character. But if it happens too quick for you then that might be the only way.

Another strange thing that I noticed when this happens is the game shows 'Not Responding' in Task Manager but the in-game VOIP still works.
  5. PhiladelphiaCollins

You're not even ******* listening. I even gave you a possible cause and solution to one of your issues without being a total dick about it.

Whatever, enjoy not playing the game.

You're right on one thing, my "professional insight" is being wasted here having to argue points with a pseudo-techy child.

PS. A small fraction of the players have issues. If the software was to be entirely at fault, your failure rate would be significantly higher than what is represented today. It's not like we're all running different versions. The only variation is user hardware, configuration and operation.

PPS. You're a bad player and your signature is ********. Both of those are obvious from your stream.
    • Up x 1
  6. IamDH

i thought it was from my side but i noticed it cuts when i play PS2 for abit
    Makes me ragequit :S
  7. DjUnicorn

Ohhh someone got mad ;)

"A small fraction of the players have issues" = a ton of players that have issues don't even go through the trouble of reporting them or just leave the game instead.

"If the software was to be entirely at fault" It is! it is a terribly optimized game that still has terrible problems that never got fixed for an entire year.

"PPS" I'm such a bad player, you wouldn't believe it. Your childish argument is true to the letter, keep relying on the stats.

Oh wait a minute, heres one more stat for you to base on:

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428077643324390113

Because stats don't lie, right?

LOL

Don't worry, according to the proffessional top of the line experts here, it is a problem on our side and absolutely nothing to do with PS2, althought it only ONLY ever happens when you play PS2.
  8. Koldorn

Started getting some frequent screen flashing bugs; and CTDs.
    Remember hearing somewhere on the test forums that part of the issue is caused by the patches / patching process.

The solution? Uninstalled the game. Cleared all file remnants; re-downloaded. Two days without crash / issue so far.
  9. DjUnicorn

Just by curiosity, what kind of disk do you have (ssd or hdd) and what kind of internet do you have (cable+up&dwn speeds)?
  10. Snib

Give me some of what you are smoking. I know hardly anyone in game who isn't having issues. And if PlanetSide 2 is the only game that's constantly crashing while everything else runs fine we don't need to be rocket scientists to point the finger and say that it is PlanetSide 2's fault.
  11. Koldorn

HDD, stupid little last-gen 7200rpm terabyte drive.
    cable: 50 down, 5 up.
  12. PhiladelphiaCollins

I'm not denying that issues do exist. I was only ever referencing the "network leak" BS the OP is trying to shovel and that some problems are most often user related.

Also since we're now using anecdotal evidence...I know people who don't have any issues, and until GU10 I haven't had flickering since November 2012 (I've had it a total of 2 times since GU10). I haven't done a cleanup of patch data yet, that will likely solve that one.

OP is just being petulant and discounting any possibility that there may be issues on their end. Which is typical.
  13. DjUnicorn

I'm going to ask you to not waste more time with him, he is just here to troll.

Same HDD as me, better internet than me. I would redownload everything except I can't just download 12GB so easy.
  14. Zv1deX

I have a theory. They replaced the flickering bug with with crashes. As GU10, I haven't seen a flickering screen, which used to be somewhat common. Before GU10 I crashed once a week, now I crash at different times and frequencies. Sometimes I'm good for hours, other times twice in a 5 minutes. Also, like DJUnicorn said, when I've crashed I've noticed a percentage of my outfit crashed at the exact time. This means it has to be a game issue and not a end-user issue.
  15. Crator

Perhaps server though? What server u guys on?
  16. DjUnicorn

I am on Mattherson but I also witnessed this when I go for my welfare check for my other chars in other servers.
  17. PhiladelphiaCollins

Disagreeing with uneducated BS and actually (shockingly) providing a tip that might help you, isn't trolling.

Mocking your inability to play along with your remedial understanding of what the problems are and what's probably contributing to them however...that might be trolling.

Like this gem...
    You don't have a model #, or any specs beyond capacity and spin speed. There is absolutely no indication you have the "Same drive..." and just leads me to believe that you don't even understand that there could possibly be any difference between 1 drive and another. The only difference to you is "SSD or HDD." Then you have the audacity to bull **** me. Get with the program.
  18. shadowkhat

how exactly is console kiddies with their seperate servers going to help us? all it will do is lessen performance for us PC users as they start shifting recourses to keep the console kiddies happy and spending money.... we'll be nothing more than that one turd that didn't quite flush on the first flush... still stinking up the place but not worth the effort to flush again.
  19. DjUnicorn

You misinterpreted my question, I was asking that because I wanted to know how someone is willing to redownload and install 12gb with no problem. That's why I said "just by curiosity".

Still trying to act like an internet badboy and failing all the time, GG.
  20. PhiladelphiaCollins

Not even close to what I said.