Today I played for 20m... I have no intentions of playing again until tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DjUnicorn, Jun 9, 2013.

1. DjUnicorn

Game stalls
    Game crashes
    Insane network leak to the point of making me disconnect from every service that was currently online
    Tank flips upside down for absolutely no logic reason
    Players warping like crazy
    Die in 1s to ZOE MAXs

Never fix your game, keep those helmets and lumifiber cosmetics coming though.
    • Up x 7
  2. P4NJ

This looks more like a problem on your end, the warping and all. Did you try another server? And restarting your computer (yeah, I know, I know)

As for the ZOE and the flipping, I feel your pain...
    • Up x 3
  3. ent|ty

LOL.
  4. SpcFarlen

Havent crashed in months, and that time it was from overclocking my memory a tad too high. Like many programs hardware instability can be the cause of your problem. If you ahve an OC's CPU try knocking it down a bit, a few hundred mzh. OC can cause degredation slowly over time if heat levels are high enough. Also your OC just might not be 100% stable with the latest patches.

Also had a bad driver back in the beta days where my video card with cause data corruption and crash the game. Did a driver update (actually by reverting back) to fix that issue.

About a year ago, my ISP provider then was having issues maintaining their local hub which was causing insane amounts of latency and even dc'ing me constantly from games i played back then. So i switched ISP providers to fix that.

Basically it could be a lot of things with your personal rig, from the hardware itself to even a bad driver. There isnt a huge uproar on the forums about it being unplayable or multiple people having issues with say "when ever i do X, it crashes". So i can for certain probably say its not the game. So i will gladly take more helmets and slapping lumafiber on everything.... or Hossin.
  5. DjUnicorn

I understand why people are confused and think that it might be a problem on my end everytime something like this is posted so I will add this piece of information:

All of this has started after GU10, absolutely nothing has changed. This is not only happening to me, it is also happening to my entire outfit and a ton other players that go through the trouble of posting in the forums and on reddit.
  6. TheHelios

The amount of crashes that I and the rest of my outfit is experiencing is due to GU10. We always run public platoons and have to stack our Alpha Squad with our own members because if platoon lead gets DC'ed, it goes to the next available person in Alpha. Squad Leaders are always being changed constantly and you have to hope real well if your client can stay connected during an alert.

Favorite GU10 bug: Zooming out too much in the minimap freezes the client.
  7. NinjaTurtle

Now the console kiddies are coming they'll fix the performance
  8. Nepau

The problem though is there are also tons of people who don't have the same issues. some of the issues you are describe sounds like some weird Networking issues, which could be from a number of things. If the network leaking was universal then I couldn't stream while playing. If the Lag was universal then everyone would be seeing it.

Also don't confuse the Art staff with the Programming staff. I don't know about you but I doubt their guys doing Models also have a PHD in Computer sciences.

People can understand your annoyed with the performance issues your having, but really this kind of post in the general forums will do little to solve them.

So this started with GU10. Since we all got GU10 but don't have the same problems, It can be safe to assume that there is some other commonality that's causing this. It could very well be something in GU10 that is causing it, but as with everything there is always a chain of items that cause a problem, not just 1 thing.
    • Up x 3
  9. FateJH

Why is your map screen look like it's smoldering?

My vehicles tend to flip over at the drop of a hat unless I've treating their handling with care; and, there are occasions where I think the flip happened because I wasn't flying over the terrain that killed me at a hundred miles an hours. One time, at Tawrich, my MBT died to a sideways slide down an incline that was probably no taller than a PC. It was going smoothly until halfway down where the thing flipped over and exploded near-instantly.
  10. DjUnicorn

In the map filter options there is one option for "Territory influence" which makes the map look like that, although it wasn't so intense before the last hotfix.
  11. HLM

I crashed randomly at some point last night, relogged and crashed immediately upon spawning. Tried again and crashed at spawn 3 or 4 times before I could play. Apparently it happened to a bunch of outfit/squadmates at the same time.

Saying that, crashes are pretty rare for me.
  12. Fned

I was able to replicate this error pretty reliably with one of my roommates who also has PS2.

There are network issues that can cause this behavior.

We're still trying to troubleshoot an exact cause, but it looks a lot like there's some sort of filtering or packet collision happening when we're both in the same area during a large battle. In the same size battles in different parts of a continent, this doesn't happen, but as soon as one of us spawns where the other is everyone starts teleporting around and vehicles tumble through the sky.
  13. vincent-

I'm getting some funky crap with my connection and game it self sense this update.
  14. DjUnicorn

Bear with me because I have been looking for this for so long and I have finally found it (I have basically been trying to find this for almost 8 months)

I knew I heard or read before from someone that was a really big internet shot about the network leaks in this game and since I have been reporting this problem for quite sometime I failed to find that source to back me up when people say "theres no network leak, your connection is just bad" or "it looks like lag, its probably your connection".

So here, it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6DT-PWfIQOE#t=748s

Pay close attention to what he says after "sometimes the crashes are so nasty..."

Tell me now that even after almost a year this problem is fictitious, that I made it up and never really existed.
    Network leak exists and has never been fixed, not once.

And not only that but a lot of the problems that he describes are still to this day present in the game, its unbelievable.
  15. Van Dax

For me gu10 was the only patch that didn't hurt performance or cause crashes.
  16. HLM

Guess I spoke too soon. Crashed on spawn twice today now. Get this **** fixed.

[Edit] Make that 3 times. Yeah, I'm done with this game for tonight.
    3 times in about 30 minutes of playtime. Good going.
  17. RF404

Dude, there is no way those screenshots of the population in your signature could have been taken at the same time.

Population imbalance is a real pressing issue on many servers that needs to be addressed as soon as possible... but picking screenshots from different points in time to make it seem like the situation is worse than it is isn't doing anyone any favor.

[IMG]
  18. Jaxxx

Since GU10, Mattherson has been a trainwreck.
    Lag spikes, people locking up or crashing outright. Flying Sunderers, flashes and Harassers. Explosions stuck in loops. Until the GU10 patch it was fine
  19. K3STR3L

I have played this game from launch and to be perfectly honest and I do mean honest this game has slowly gotten worse for crashes and lock ups. I don't know what SOE are doing but whatever they are doing they are doing wrong.
  20. Czuuk

It's not a problem on his end. Yesterday during an alert half my squad got DC'd as well as many other platoon members. All around the same time. Something is borked.