To all those defending the scatmax, answer me this

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Izriul

Wait...wait?

That's what the NC call "recoil" ...are you serious? Isn't the SAW the gun they whine about most of all, and how "hard" it is to use? THAT'S the recoil...?

HAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man.
  2. P149U3

yeah Scatmax is OP and needs a nerf
  3. Skadi

This.
    Funny thing is... he is only using a scope on it, he doesnt have a compensator or the advanced grip, imagine how good it is with both of those attachments.
  4. Cryptek

Or I could just throw someone who already did it up: Dual AI is the only way to role, no matter what faction you are.
    • Up x 1
  5. Purg

Which doesn't address my point at all.

You're asking why an NC MAX gets 2 fully functional shotguns when TR gets two halves of one LMG. Try an NC MAX with 1 - you'll have your answer.
  6. Cinc

So.. pretty much, you say an NC max with only 1 AI gun will suck...

And TR/VS max'es will still suck with dual AI anyway...

Ya, i fail to see the point in that comment.
  7. Purg

You fail to see the point because you fail to comprehend the killing power that the TR MAX has been demonstrated to have. They can deliver more damage on more infantry for longer periods at greater ranges than the NC MAX. All anyone seems to consider is how they fare in front of an NC MAX at 5m.
  8. Cryptek

NC can shred infantry at up to 15-20 meters, they can shred MAXes at 5-10 meters (depending on whether or not they have extended magazine)

You're failing to make any sense, the argument still stands: why should NC receive 2 FULLY FUNCTIONAL shotguns, while VS/TR receive 1 NOT-FULLY FUNCTIONAL Carbine/LMG. Without having any relevant upgrades available for said half-carbine.

Yeah VS/TR can engage for longer, because they HAVE to, the NC can't because they don't need to engage for longer to kill the same amount, as a TR/VS can by standing at range and unloading.

If you say 'try a NC MAX with 1 gun' as some sort of pitiful defense: all I have to say is 'try a TR/VS with 1 gun' because they are freaking worse. 1 Shotgun functions in CQC, half a carbine doesn't function anywhere.

None of the MAXes work well with only 1 of the weapon needed for a role.

As a final statement since I'm gonna head off to bed: Either nerf the refire speed for NC by 50%, or do it by 25% and then buff TR/VS by 25% to compensate. In either case give TR/VS the ability to cert red dot and different ammo types.
    • Up x 1
  9. Purg

15-20 meters if they used all their ammo, maybe - on *one* infantry, unless it's HA with his shield up! Oh, then we'll throw in - but the NC MAX will move behind cover to reload. All that while the TR MAX is *still* shreading multiple infantry!!

I'm not the developer - I can't possibly answer WHY! I don't care if you get unlocks on your weapons - if it stops you all from whinging so hard, I'm probably for it more than you are!

They don't have to? So I've never had multiple infantry rush my position? That's how I die most of the time - I'm a sitting duck to the ones I can't kill with my weapons - only takes two infantry to take me down to about 15% from full during a single reload. What about those that are beyond the lethal range of my weapons? Now I have to sit in tiny rooms with only one entrance with a sign at the door saying, 'No explosives, please..'?

That's what you're suggesting! Your 2 weapons = 1 LMG so why do MAX get 2 fully functional shotguns!? So try the NC MAX with 1 fully functional shotgun!! Isn't that essentially the same now? 2 weapons = 1 LMG = 1 shotgun?

All you have to do is try an NC MAX with 1 shotgun to see why it's not a viable option and unable to be compared to the apparent 2 for 1 deal you get as TR.
  10. Cryptek

You can pull 2 kills of at that range, considering you're only supposed to engage at 5-10 meters then you should be grateful for that much

The thing is: If you get swamped by 4 infantry men, you can kill all 4 of them hell you can kill way more than that, but this is assuming you're missing some of your shots. if a TR/VS gets swamped with 4 infantry men, they die... A lot. Because the TTK for them is so long that the infantry will have killed them before they get to the last one.

I have tried NC MAX with 1 shotgun, my trial for the second one did run out after a while after all.. Guess what, I'd take that over having 1 quasar/heavy cycler any day. Would I take it over having 2? No, that would be freaking silly. I happen to take shotguns for my heavy assault and engineer, when I know it's gonna be CQC, do i ever say 'hey.. you know what would be great? If I took my carbine/LMG.. then cut it in half, removed ironsight and all it's upgrades, yeah! I can think of so many situations where that would help me!...'

You seem so freaking scared of a nerf, not even thinking about the fact that all a firerate nerf would do to NC, was give infantry more time to shoot at them between mowing groups down, but more importantly: Give MAXes more time to hit sprint and bail.

Or did you glaze over the fact that all I have ever suggested is fire rate and accuracy adjustments?.. I never said anything about touching your precious damage, only your damage over time.
  11. Purg

I probably can because I use slugs and extended mags. An uncerted Scat certainly couldn't. One with extended mags may pull off 1 to 1.5 kills at that range. Hopefully the 2nd guy panics and disengages.

I have 80 hours as an AI MAX (going off my weapon stats) and 4 infantry kills would need them all hugging you and none of them aware of your presence (never have I scored 4 kills in one load) I don't know whether that's a sign that the players who take me on are good or bad, since most of them don't think to use a rocket instead of just shooting their LMG at me.. hard to tell.

I'd take 1 shotgun over one cycler, too. But you're not saying 1 cycler, you're saying 2 cyclers = 1 LMG. 1 Scatter = 1 shotgun. So why do NC get 2?

Funny how we always want the things we can't have. I'd ditch my Scatters and never use them again for Dual Mercys.

I'm not a shotgun guy - any FPS I've played in the past, I completely avoid the shotgun. It's just not my style of play.

I do? I use slugs. I don't care what they do to pellets. I manually fire mine. I don't care what they do to fire rate. I don't know how I've indicated a nerf to reduce the functionality of weapons in a way I don't use them would concern me in the slightest?
  12. Cinc

THATS IT, purg, your an idiot

There everyone, now goodnight.
  13. Cryptek

I believe he has that in this video, at the very least a forward grip :D

there is NO recoil on that thing at this point xD
  14. Skadi

O.O
  15. Purg

Sentence unfinished, need clarification.

If you're going to call someone an idiot, makes more impact if you don't sound idiotic doing it.
  16. Bape

Ok as a semi dedicated NC hacksaw player half of you vs/tr made me lol so many times.

1. Slug ammo? THIS THING IS ****** USELESS it not even worth putting cert into why? yes it increases ur range but at what cost? in CQC 5m you will miss all your bullet on one infantry because of spread and do less dmg. The Cof is so bad you have to pause to even hit a STATIONARY target if hes moving that it don't even waste your time using bullet. There is already a video showing how horrible and useless slug is I even realize how bad it is and took it off.

2. This video show how bad a NC max is against other maxes without slug. Yes 5m we win but any other we loose hands down

3. This video show how WORSE nc are with SLUG AMMO

4. I thought the whining is about max vs max but i realized half of these people keep mention how fast we killl infantry that think they can kill a double shotgun max in 10m? Just shows that half these people arent dedicated max users and mostly infantry that die to maxes.

5. Yes without extended mag we CANT KILL an MAX 1v1 unless we reload but we will be dead by then unless the other max is ******** and let u reload. But all this extended mag is not fair? YOUR TELLING ME working ur *** off to get 1000 cert to avoid that horrible long reload is not fair? sorry but i think getting 1000 cert for extended mag is fair and the dev put that there for a reason.

6. I will take dual cylinder any day like seriously all NC maxes are good for is CQC nothing else I seriously hope the dev see how bad NC max are really and give us something for range.

7. Look nc has shotguns sorry but im 100% positive tr/vs wont get them because NC is CQC obviously. Dont think there would be any nerf or buff but if it does happen wont see any for 6+ month that the truth u gotta deal with it. If you die by a NC max and ur a max YOU ARE JUST STRAIGHT UP SAD PLAIN AND SIMPLE. For all you infantry who dies to NC max ummmmmmm turn ur volume up if u hear a robotic load walking sound move away from the door for distance and bam you win. Go watch buzzcutpsyho video when he saw a NC max he said **** and ran the other way because HES SMART. INFILTRATOR die to 1 ROUNDS OF SHOTGUN from any faction ONE ****** BULLET. You think u can survive a dual shotguns? think again.
    • Up x 1
  17. Purg

I didn't bother with the Grinder because as far as I'm aware, they're the worst NC weapon to fit slugs to - you can see the spread is horrific.

My Scatters are slugged 99% of the time. I do fire a little slower than that - there's a vid around here somewhere with me at Vanu Archives and my slugged Scatters - and while the CoF is impossible to predict, it's not as bad as in that video. I'll get consistent infantry kills up to the 50m mark if I stand still and wait for my arms to settle between each shot. Helps that most TR and VS probably don't expect you having slugs armed (which is possibly contributing to the misconception about the range of standard NC weapons). I'll only shoot at an enemy MAX at that range only if their focus is elsewhere and I won't be the one that kills it.
  18. Phaze

ITT: VS and TR ******** there is actually 1 range NC MAX is better than them.
  19. Daswen

Actually, it seems to me that NC6 Gauss Saw got ghost buffed in the lasts patchs. Like the rotary, who can now shred Liberators like hell. Now the NC6 is more stable, and is more noob friendly.

That said, he is using a broken sight, who reduce recoil on every weapon and can be used while jumping without any penalties.

So yes, there is no more reason from NCs to whine about NC6, it is an amazing weapon now. (Still totally garbage at cqc)
  20. Googles

What's COF?