Time to start auto temp banning ENGs...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Iksniljiksul, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathbane

MAXes arnt terrible, they arnt where they should be but they deserve repairing..

Our dual cycler max especially in biolab battles, it holds m1 and everything dies..
  2. Eric Smith

See how well it matters when a pissed off MAX shoots you in the back of the head because you refuse to get off your turret and repair them. And why in hell would you refuse to take free XP?

Frankly, the dual Burster MAX is really the only infantry unit capable of providing AA at all, even if it sucks and can't get kills at least they can chase away planes that are harassing other infantry (yeah, HA can too, but the AA rockets sucks even worse than the Burster at providing aerial denial). And a dual wielding AI max can mow through other infantry, especially in CQC. Even when I'm "dumb" and push the enemy line I can usually get a minimum of 3-4 kills in a dual Cycler MAX before being taken down, and I only play "dumb" when we need to take a point (such as retaking our SCU). MAXes also provide great distraction for other Infantry units - if 5 guys walk into a room and 1 is a MAX he's going to take most of the fire until he goes down; hide behind him and scoop as many kills as you can.

Sure, they should be able to take a bit more punishment, but they can be very effective units, and refusing to repair them is just plain dumb.
  3. Lowerydro

90% of the time when I try to repair a max they do one of the following:

- Run around still trying to fight so they drag me into nades or out into the open.

- Stand there staring at me so the enemy can walk up on us both and then shoot me in the face.

- Run around in circles so the repair gun keeps cutting off and I have to keep restarting.

Also, when they are trying to get me to repair them they often are jumping all around in circles on top of me in the middle of a fight.
  4. Cyridius

If you don't repair a MAX you should be teamkilled.
  5. Pashgan

Want to be repped / healed? Make friends. Or just use voice macro (V) and stop running around chaotically like a crazy, damnit!
  6. Hetzau

After spamming V 500 times in a mass of 50 people and after jumping and crouching in front of an engie that had his repair gun pulled in front of a fully repaired Sundie, I can't but agree OP. Except that the engie seemed to accidentally learn that you can actually heal MAXes.
  7. Azarga

I never repair MAXes that hop around me. I won't even try to. Repair gun's ray breaks easily when a target moves and it takes ~1.2 second to restart repairing. Not to say that repair-gun is not very responsive, and not always detects target perfectly. And f**k MAXes who charge at the enemy while at 10% HP while spamming "I need ruhpairs". Unlike them I can't stay alive under all those bullets and explosions, so no repair for those guys too.

TL;DR: Want to be repaired - make a request, take cover and stand still. Or at least stand still.
  8. Namik

It's time to auto ban MAX's players who spam for repair and once you start repairing them they just keep moving or start going somewhere and exepct you will go with them.
    • Up x 1
  9. SandSpider

I repair anyone that asks for it and drop ammo.. after that Im in turret mode drawing fire or supressing enemies. Engi's are not anyone's slaves.
  10. Paulus

I think there is an element of confusion in the community, some Max users think that a Medic can heal them, just because i rezzed them, or that i can heal them during a fight (which i obviously can't). I think maybe this could even extend to some novice engineers who think that because its got arms and legs, its the domain of the medic to heal it. We can't also rule out the Max user or the Engi might not be in the safest place to be healed, there needs to be a culture of "drop back into cover" that hasn't taken hold yet, people are maybe too used to the rush/die/respawn/ cycle that CoD and BF3 have created, and its going to be a few weeks before it occours there is a different way.

Regardless i think these are all teathing issues and things will get better as people get used to the way things are done in this game :)
  11. DG-MOD-04

Going to lock this one up. Thanks for the feedback.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.