Time to start auto temp banning ENGs...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Iksniljiksul, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iksniljiksul

We need a one day temp ban for Engineers who constantly run by wounded MAX units. After ignoring half a dozen MAX units in need of repairs, they should be issued a warning. Passing by half a dozen more results in a one day automatic temp ban.

If I can support the MAX units, I fully expect others to support MAX units they see. MAX units are extremely fragile and need engineers to survive and push through.

I can no longer count the times I've been in a MAX suit while defending an area and two or three engineers are just sitting there on their turrets. They don't even bother to drop ammo.
    • Up x 3
  2. Ghoest

Most Max players play like idiots.
    • Up x 5
  3. samuraipumpkin

It goes several ways.

Max units never staying still when the game lags a bit is frustrating.
    Vehicles that run you over is no fun too.

Can't have everything. Not yet.
    • Up x 1
  4. MassaHEnly

Ban ppl because they're bad? That hardly seems logical.
  5. Nak2

[IMG]

Banning people because they're bad? .. because they didn't want to heal the screaming MAXunit behind them?
    If this system comes in place .. there aren't any engineers left imo.
    • Up x 3
  6. AzyWai

simple solution, stop playing max. we could just auto ban everyone who plays max then we don't need to auto ban engi's!
    • Up x 2
  7. Marzipanzer

Apparently nobody realizes the OP is joking and is being facetious for the sake of making commentary on how many bad engineers there are running around these days.

That said, people do listen to chat sometimes. It's still annoying to have to yell at everyone that there are absolutely no engineers doing their job in your warzone, however. Ammo drops and repairs can make the difference between getting the **** bombed out of one's location and having clear airspace.
    • Up x 1
  8. Nak2

Judging by OP's user-name I don't think he was joking.
    Giving temp bans or griefing-points out like if it were brochures is a bad idea and will annoy .. everyone with that class.
    If you think your teams Engineers are bad .. switch to that class and make a difference.
    With that said will a mod plz not lock or remove this thread?
  9. Shadz

On a side note, to all the max units I've killed thinking I had my repair gun out...I'm sorry.
    • Up x 7
  10. Marzipanzer

I actually mostly play engineer! It's just incredibly annoying when I switch to max because the situation calls for someone with dual bursters and the support is lacking.

The engineers will get better at their class in time though, I imagine.
  11. Skadi

give me all of their locations and ill put them out of their missery
    kthxbai
  12. Nak2

You can't demand everyone to heal you. If you want someone to stand next to you; make a squad or play with a friend
  13. IceFire909

Awkward moment where you thought you were engi but actually a heavy assault and instinctively press 3 and shoot
    • Up x 1
  14. VKhaun

Too many variables.
    Could be MAX's fault, could be Engi's fault, could be both are bad, could be both are good but the MAX is aware of something urgent he needs to stop/attack that the Engi doesn't know about. Some times it's just the max expecting the engineer to stop doing anything else like deploying ammo or covering a door people are trying to get in. Same with medics.

I get this a lot playing medic, too. I will rez someone, start to heal them, and they'll run around a corner and die. I'll rez them again from behind the corner and then they won't get behind cover and die again... then they say 'WTF IF YOU ARE GOING TO REZ ME THEN HEAL ME' like it's a problem with medics that they're ADD.

I'm ranting now, but the point stands: there are too many variables to just blame one party, and as others said you can't ban people for being bad.
  15. Marzipanzer

Context, Nak. I never said I wanted everyone to heal me in the rare moments that I'm a burster max, I said that if the sky is crawling with ESFs and liberators, it's very annoying when the engineers are too busy running around like chickens with their heads cut off to repair wounded maxes that they see and give them ammo so that the maxes can do what they can't.

The same thing goes for all the engineers that spawn on front line Sunderers but don't bother healing it, despite it smoking or being on fire. In practically all large-scale combat situations, making sure the Sunderer doesn't explode is the most important thing an engineer can do, yet many seem content to charge into the fray and die without looking behind them to see if they can perform their role properly.
  16. Nak2

I agree there is a lag of ammo being deployed with the Engineer class .. maybe because the class most likely, stand outside the fight-zone to repair vehicles.

I don't agree with the Sunderer-thing .. the last 3 times I used one/my own, there were 1-2 Engineers (Include me) to support it.
    As I said before .. and will again "play with squad or friend" since they most likely know how to play the class.
  17. Maruun

The most time i try to repair a MAX they just run away screaming they need repairs running in front of the enemy and i am the idiot running running after him to repair him and get myself killed.

If you want repairs STAY STILL
    • Up x 1
  18. Gary

I almost died laughing but its so true!
  19. Sowahka

Eh, tried regularly supporting MAX units... I'd fully repair them, look away, and a moment later I'd have them screaming for repairs at low health yet again. Not gonna spend half my time as an engineer repairing MAX units because they think it's okay to absorb EVERYTHING. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Also, they tend to get distracted by my repair gun when I start repairing them and loose all awareness of their surroundings, once they're being repaired it seems they loose all interest in fighting and firing on enemies, making it even more risky for me to start repairing them as now neither of us are looking out for enemies and I don't even have a gun out.
  20. IshanDeston

Remind me not to repair you, should i ever encounter you in the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.