This isn't funny anymore...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Paisty

Op I had the same issues when I logged in. Only place i could redeploy was immediately around the WG. 7 territories from the nearest enemy. This is new as of today's patch.

The problem is the same as always. There are some in the community that insist we play the game exactly the way they want us too. They apparently have some other forums where the dev's actually read feedback and are able to get the dev's to do whatever those forums decide.

So this month seems to be "everyone should spend their game time driving around all the way across the continent" month.

As boring and idiotic as that idea is, somehow in some random corner of the internet, the dev's are "listening to the players". This is how a game that was fun in Feb. and March, is now irritating to even log into. My sub is up this week I will not be spending another dime on this game.

A small portion of the population on some random forums somewhere on the net, is making decisions that are killing this game. The dev's seem to like it that way, so those people can be the ones who pay for everything in this game. The game I enjoyed and payed for has been ripped out piece by piece and in most cases replaced with nothing at all.

So enjoy driving for the majority of your game time, or the even more boring option of being driven around. That is what the dev's have been talked into this month, while everyone else was attempting to have fun.

I was on the fence about BF4, the PS2 dev's decisions for the direction of this game, make it perfectly clear that as bad as Dice may be, SOE is worse.
  2. Phyr

This has nothing to do with "playing the game how you want" and everything to do with you being inflexible. Redeploy didn't put you where you wanted to go? Well it's a good thing there's at least 5 other ways to get there without spending those precious resources.
    • Up x 1
  3. Paisty

Wrong, this is just the latest of the choices players once had, being ripped from the game.

In PS2 options and thinking = BAD!

Argue all you like that is the plain simple truth from my perspective.
  4. Phyr

He clearly had choices, he didn't like his choices, and chose the wrong option to begin with.
    • Up x 1
  5. RealityWarrior

I never have this issue. I join my outfit's squad then I squad deploy. It's easy!
  6. Silver Fox

Your teenager forgot to put gas in the car last night and now you don't have enough gas to get to work. What do you do?

A. Find alternative modes of transportation, deal with teenager later
    B. ***** and moan to everyone that is within earshot that your life is ruined and you can't go on living.

Right now, you're taking option B. Time to reconsider life, methinks.

Edit: same goes for the OP.
  7. Paisty

My point is he had more options yesterday.

I disagree that he chose the wrong option. I think he chose the option he preferred and you do not like.

This is what I am getting from your posts in this thread, aka my perspective and it may be wrong! But I believe it is right.

You want people to use vehicles to travel between bases. That much is clear.

I believe you want it so you can farm more efficiently. Be it farming using a vehicle or infantry. People like the Op and myself are/were playing an objective based game. People like you and apparently the dev's want this to be a TDM based game.

There are much better TDM games out there. PS2 has dropped to a point where it is on par with the run of the mill objective based games.

I have no issue with people wanting more from the game, even if I disagree with what they want. But every patch since April has removed options and play styles. This game is dead, at least for my play style of logical strategies and player coordination.If you want to win just ZERG! Is all that's left and zerging is being actively catered too by the dev's.
  8. Paisty

RL = Gameplay ?

The example you just made makes no sense for the argument you are trying to make.

Your example is annoying and requires work to fix.

This is a game that is played when all of the RL things like your example are already complete. So why would anyone wish to be annoyed during their spare time?
  9. Silver Fox

Why do you let small things like not being able to magically appear anywhere on the map bother you? Plenty of ways to get from point A to point B. It just requires a little bit of thought, foresight, and planning. God forbid a game actually require brain power.

Edit: I also think this issue speaks volumes of peoples' inability to adapt and overcome.
  10. EliteEskimo

If only the developers had created vehicles specifically designed for the transportation of troops to the battlefield like a ATV which costs minimal resources. Perhaps they should have created an Heavily Armored APC type vehicle to transport up to an entire squad at a time would be viable for outfits or players wanting to transport other players into the Heat of a battle. They could also add in a Air Dropship that could do the same thing, only it would... wait for it.... FLY!:eek: Now it may be a stretch, but then the developers could also design other vehicles to guard these transport vehicles as they made their way to the battlefield resulting in truly epic battles all the way up to and at the target location. Sadly we currently can only dream that these type of vehicles with these intended purpose existed in Planetside 2. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  11. Paisty

I have limited time to play games. So why should I be forced to waste a large percentage of that time simply trying to get to an infantry fight, that is not lopsided.

The last version of the deploy options was bad imo. I did not like redeploying 3 or 4 times to get across the continent to a somewhat even fight. This change makes 3-4 redeploys into 5-7. So even more of my game time is eaten up, just getting to a somewhat even popped fight.

To be clear the vehicles in this game are terrible imo. (sundies are slow expensive primary targets that will draw every enemy to them. Flashes roll over constantly making them worthless to travel anymore than 500m and survive on, Harrassers are fun but driving one across the continent is boring.) I prefer to play infantry, so changes like this are forcing me to spend time(the most precious commodity I have) doing things I have no interest in.

Also I hate that they cut off attacking vehicles from infantry play on Esamir. I enjoy infantry but I do not mind fighting vehicles. They add another level of complexity to the fight, imo.

TLDR - This is just the latest "small change" to diminish the game for me. lots of small sooner or later adds up to big.
  12. Get2dachoppa

You mean an ATV that flips and explodes on pebbles and climbs small hills slower than my 85 year old grandma with osteoarthritis?
  13. Silver Fox

Here's an idea (and for once I'm not being sarcastic and satirical with you): build a loadout for a taxi ESF. It's an amazingly efficient way for a single player to get from fight to fight. Just make sure you take care of it and don't park it in the line of fire. There are plenty of ways to get around quickly.

To address your first point - the whole point of PS2 is to have global-scale warfare. What makes you think you should be able to jump to anywhere on this "globe" in an instant? That's partly what makes this game strategic as well as tactical.
  14. Deronok

It's almost as if they want transports to be useful.

Also, ATVs are not as unstable as you people hyperbole them to be. Just don't suck at driving. It's as simple as cutting along the lines in Kindergarden. Unless you failed at that, and at that point there is no hope for you.
    • Up x 2
  15. Chipay

I never said i wanted to jump everywhere i want, but when i join the game i want to be able to at least have the option to join a battle versus the 2 enemy factions. I totally agree that when you choose your fight you shouldn't be able to jump all over the place and that's why we have vehicles. But punishing me the second i join the game is a major turn off for me.

I'm the guy that wants to log in, redeploy and choose to fight between the NC and TR for half an hour and then log off. If i'm going to spend 5 minutes going from the warpgate to the fight i wanted to go, it kinda ruins my good mood when i'm logging in.
  16. Paisty

I already have the Taxi ESF. I hate flying in this game. I jump out of it and leave it for the enemy to dispose of. I despise it that bad. It also has a cooldown.

as to " What makes you think you should be able to jump to anywhere on this "globe" in an instant?"

Because up until recently, that was part of the game. It was an efficient use of my game time. Not anymore.
  17. SikVvVidiT

Because they are unemployed most likely. Who am I kidding, they didn't pick this up even when they had jobs.
    • Up x 1
  18. Silver Fox

Hey, all I'm saying is that there are options open to you. It's your choice if you don't want to use the tools provided.

Personally, I'm not a "glass is half empty" kind of guy, so I'll look for alternatives, or seek ways to improve my shortcomings (piloting, driving, etc.) I won't be coming here to complain about how unfair it is.
  19. Silver Fox

It's kinda like when I was in Iraq, and we had to load up in our Strykers (or Blackhawks) to get to the fight. I get that some people like the instantaneous "get me to the fight" thing, but honestly when a game has things like logistics and the need for transportation, it serves to better immerse the players in the world the developers have created. It actually makes you react to the situation as though it really were a long way away, not right outside your door. It makes you think about what you want to take to the fight, and what you're going to do when you get there.

I would also say that some games require a good block of free time to play. This is one of those games.
  20. Get2dachoppa

Uh huh, its not hyperbole. I'm speaking from experience driving the things (both as a transport and for combat purposes). They flip too easily on the smallest of objects, they can't climb small hills at all (try going up a small incline from a dead stop), and they spin out constantly like the ground was greased. They are not a very reliable option for going long distances and are more frustrating to drive than they should be.