The Wraith Twinkie <3

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Apr 15, 2015.

1. CuteBeaver

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Vorpal_Spork

And the point of this is?
  3. CuteBeaver

How are you not happy right now :) Wraith Sundies <3
  4. PanzerGoddess

lol...nice beaver. Apparently spork would be one those players to die from wraith twinkie....well played :p
  5. giltwist

Wha? Citation needed.
  6. Vorpal_Spork

I am happy. It brings the game one step closer to having all the features in PS1. I just don't see what this thread is supposed to be saying.

Some dev implied, although didn't say directly AFAIK, that we'd have cloaked sunderers.
  7. Kaindestroi

thats the point, its using cloaking thechnology
    • Up x 1
  8. CuteBeaver

According to Sherman the Wraith Twinki will cloak itself and any infantry roughly 10 meters in a "bubble" when it deploys. Apparently there is a considerable amount of visual distortion looking outwards to prevent abuse from players inside. Of course all the is subject to change as its not even on test yet.
  9. Fry_Poncho

Cute Beaver just confirmed the Loominardy! She must go underground, or invisible for that matter.
  10. DashRendar

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. Skeith

i find amusing that they are finnally realizing that they need to bring back stuff from ps1, to improve the overall quality of the game

now if only we could get some stuff to hack and a cloak that actually works that would be great.
  12. Get2dachoppa

Cloaked sunderers? :eek:

What next? Maybe dual wielding stalker infiltrators!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Moonheart

Good, now I just lack a plasma sword and anti-personnal C4 for my stalker !
  14. MisterSlim

We already have those! You just gotta believe! Here, I'll show you, so you can c4 yourself!!

Yay for bad word play xD

-Stay Fr0sty
  15. Korsakov

Can't say I'm hyped about it. It would be great for setting up a flak trap with friends, but use to an infiltrator? You'll just have a bunch of randoms spawning out of it making it obvious where it is, I'd rather stick to my flash and move around alone. Now, if the AMS ability could be toggled off, then that would have me change my mind.
  16. Moonheart

More options can't hurt.
  17. Sevinos

Took me a moment to get a clear idea of what was happening. As hyped as I am about this, I still want that dual wield stalker.
    How do blacklights affect this? Will it show just the part you're reflecting on or the whole thing? I feel like sometimes a blacklight pointed at my toes reveals everything.
    • Up x 1
  18. Voross

I've been playing around with the sundie cloaking on PTR a bit, it's really quite nice.

It cloaks enemies as well (only if you enter from the outside, if you move from your bubble to the enemy sundie bubble it decloaks you). Cloaking as an Infiltrator while inside of a bubble will make you visible for a second or so (enough for the auto turret to detect you!). The bubble/sundie doesn't become visible when using a flashlight, but the people inside get revealed. Shooting (or using the sundie weapons) make you/the sundie visible for a few seconds. Well if you have any questions go ahead, I tested basically everything with a few other people.
  19. MisterSlim

Heh, because we're transparent. +1 To you, sir!

-Stay Fr0sty
  20. Quinnocent

I feel the OP doesn't meet the meme quota without the X-files theme randomly playing.