The Vulcan is

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ATRA_Wampa-One, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Atis

Because TR has sooo weak MBT primary, they never had good AV gun before, sob. While OP magrider's primary simply cant be paired with good secondary, lets nerf them more.

TR max can onceclip NC max too. Can even afford lots of misses. If vulcan's problem was accuracy, they should just buff accuracy, not with clip size in same patch.
    • Up x 1
  2. bl33ping

vulcan harassers don't to full speed drive-bys. at least good crews don't. we either circle your tank or run underneath of your mag.
  3. Thornefear

You seem to be missing the as a faction we have very FEW "faction specific" Anti-Vehicle options across the board. Not talking about just on an MBT or harasser.

Outside the Current Vulcan and the MBT AV Turret name one thing that is able to perform effectively against vehicles that is faction specific to the TR.

I will cert it in a ******* heartbeat. No fractures don't count, and 2k certs is a high cost for what other faction get cheaper.
  4. TriumphantJelly

I agree completely. The Prowler has extremely powerful main cannons in CQC and now an extremely powerful secondary weapon for CQC. A recipe for disaster if ever there was one.
  5. TriumphantJelly

Erm.. Okay? Yes, and because you're undwer the tank we hvae even less of a chance to respond before we're Vulcan'd.
  6. Pelojian

This. i mean a tankbuster is a 1/3 lib can do exactly the same thing (and lets remeber the engine noise as-is is easily drowned out by your tank's engine noise and whatever local explosions).

did almsot everyone complain about it? no they didn't.

if the tankbuster isn't OP then why do they consider vulcan OP?

the answer is simple it was given to the TR.

favorite faction for VS/NC to attack, due to our useless ES ranged AV options, soe gives us something back that is good for sneaking and surprising the enemy (just like tankbuster) and you whine because you are under threat of getting the same cheese thrown at you from TR.

NC/VS stop whining whenever the devs decide to actually equalize the balance between TR AV and NC/VS AV. we are no cert pinatas that can't fight back for you to bust whenever you please.
    • Up x 2
  7. TriumphantJelly

It's all very well and good that your'e pissed because people get what you get but for cheaper (or so you say), but what if VS/NC can't get something on the Prowler's level AT ALL? If I couild get 2 main cannons that are arguably OP and a 2ndary AV weapon that is definitely OP, even on a Harasser, I would cert them in a femtosecond (10^-15 of a second). Hell, the only reason I wouldn't buy them with SC is that OP VS stuff actually gets nerfed... And then some.
  8. neostatic2009

I'm a proud fourth factioner. And I'm glad the TR can now stand toe-to toe 1v1 against an enemy MBT. Before this update, TR was highly nerfed because of so much rage against them. Every Alliance is OP in their own specific way. NC has OP shields, VS has OP swagrider/saron. NC ESF has the OP shotgun, VS has the OP PPA, TR has the OP banshee. NC has OP raven/shotty max, VS max... well, I don't fear them, TR has the annoying pounders, but still isn't as deadly as NC shotty/ravens. The point is, every nation is OP in one way or another. The only difference this update has done, is... Pre-Recent update, TR didn't have armor that could contend with NC or VS MBT. So fights typically went one sided against TR (Because they're easier to kill compared too a Vanguard vs Magrider fight. What did TR have? Lockdown that makes them a sitting duck at close range? Hell yeah! I enjoyed farming TR on my VS/NC accounts because TR is way easier to kill.)

Anyway, Post-new update. 1 weapon has changed TR tactics from sniping tank (that's way easy to kill up close), too a tank that can hold it's own up close. I prefer running Fire suppression/vulcan on my prowler.
    • Up x 3
  9. TriumphantJelly

I have to admit, you'd make a great comedian. I think it's obvious at this point that everyone thinks that 1 faction gets "picked on", however... I think that VS get screwed constantly, c'mon, we got Spiker buffs and the Saron is a half-decent weapon system. And yes, the TB was nerfed. Argument. Falling. Apart. It was NS which is why it took longer. AAAAAAAAAAAND it wasn't even an overnerf (PPA I'm looking a you).
  10. TriumphantJelly

To all those arguing that the TR tank can't go head-to-head against other MBTs, try a Magrider. 2/2 it has a chance, but 1/2 and an AP Lightning is better.
  11. neostatic2009

Also, before this update. Whenever I was on my TR alt, and I was in a prowler. I 'NEVER' Engadged an enemy MBT unless I had full surprise to my attack. ONLY then, with a 1v1 fight against a secluded MBT. 1v1 MBT as a TR MBT, I 'MIGHT' Live even if I flanked the enemy MBT's, (reasons: Swagrider strafe and boost. VS have opportunity if lucky enough too either strafe left and right, boost away from the fight using the terrain. a.k.a go up/around terrain that NC/TR MBT can't follow easily (steep mountains for example). So Swagrider has a large survivability because of their agility. And you've lost your element of surprise because after the VS MBT evades and reps. They know where too look for you (THE HUNT BEGINS!). Secondly Pre-new update, TR MBT vs NC MBT was that even when you got the jump on the NC MBT, they'd immediately pop their shields, and out DPS you and kill you. Whenever I was in my TR prowler, and I saw a NC/VS MBT Tank column, I'd say, "NOPE" and dupe out of there. And I'd feel sad for the TR because the TR armor column ALWAYS got decimated. Our tactics for enemy MBT was heavies, engi's, tank mines or c4. We NEVER consider pulling armor against MBT because we know we'd get rapped 1v1. I'll have to admit TR had to get really good at using only Infantry against armor, our command gave up on our MBT's a very long time ago. Until.... yesterday that is! We now have the ability to hold our own against NC/VS MBTS, no longer are the days that they see our armor and automatically get estatics on the cert possibilities. NOW, they air a side of caution.

And of course, my fellow NC/VS factioners will rage. Their cert meal ticket is over. And their faced with another Swagrider vs Vanguard fight (Aka Swag vs Vang usually are cautious when fighting each other).
    • Up x 1
  12. TriumphantJelly

And wrong again. The 1st sentence was right but almost stopped reading after that.
  13. neostatic2009

Also, to everyone who only just joined the PS community within 1 year or less. Please, ****, and go kill yourself. If you've been following the game since launch, you should already be familiar with the evolution of nation balancing. EVERYTHING's been nerfed to some degree. The TR have been nerfed extra hard until the NC/VS had effectively created a third (meal-ticket) faction. If SOE decides to nerf this vulcan update, I'll just go back to my NC/VS alts and re-continue farming the TR.
  14. neostatic2009

Truimph, you should have seen the TR/NC/VS factions upon alpha/open beta. TR has been nerfed too hard too fast. And I remember when SOE systematically nerfed TR MBT's update, after update. And when the large outfitts on TR officially gave up over command chat on the TR MBTS. The memory of our leadership openly giving up on TR, and causing large amounts of TR to eventually leave. Much like most of my prior Lib Pilots who quit the game when they got nerfed over, and over. Hell LIBS are still being nerfed regularly. I can officially say that I started the battle GAL and Burster parties. And I abused the hell outa the bulldogs. And clipping the bulldogs into spawnpoints. So after LIBS got nerfed so much, us die-hard pilots tried out battle gal. I've got over 1,500 hours flying the gal atm. However, I think I was one of the main reasons why the gal's been nerfed so much lately. Prior to ****** most people on matherson/emerald in my gal, nobody flew gals. Or hardly ever loaded up one full of bursters. After ****** the air on the game, over and over. People caught on and started certing them. So I'm a bit salty at how SOE has nerfed my bulldogs, ninja nerfed the gals center of gravity, and for breaking High-G airframe with collisions. Also, I'm really salty at how they nerfed my bulldogs. FFS, AND this last update has made the AA sounds when hitting the GAL, completely unbearable. I refuse to fly a gal because of the highly annoying sounds that drown out everyone in my TS.
  15. Takara

Uh....no....

The Tank buster is on the liberator...which costs 450 resource to pull. It can only shoot straight forward has a larger COF and after spending some 3k certs on it you can have a clip size of 44 bullets which is still less than half of the vulcan. Next..it can only one clip tanks and lightings from behind. Which requires the lib to fly low in a straight line and all the tank needs to do it turn to the side to foil the plot. Then we get into the idea that it is MBT food...to do that it has to be low enough to be in range of those rather high velocity vanguard/prowler/FPC rounds which eat it alive. It is about 3 times the size of a harasser.

The original vulcan was basically the tankbuster just on top of the prowler...it was really good but very few TR knew it and few used it due to the COF. But people are complaining because it was given to the TR? Yes...well it's an unbalanced weapon that is far better than the other two empire's ES weapons and it is in fact BETTER than the tank buster and it is on a harasser...which can now kill sunderers faster than any tank in the game(with one clip)....if you don't see that as unbalanced well then you are likely just living with blinders on.

If you really think the vulcan in it's current form is equal to the Enforcer/Saron you are pretty ignorant end of story.

Out of curiosity how did you feel about the PPA before it got nerfed into it's current form? I'm willing to guess you said it was the most OP thing ever created right?
    • Up x 4
  16. Atis

Disparity in secondaries department wont make infantry AV options better. SOE cant make proper asymmetrical balance, and current set up is broken: fast moving prowler, outdpsing any armor at any distance, vulcan harasser, melting any armor in field, but unable to get closer to any base because of ravens/lancers. How can it be good, exchanging broken thing to more broken?
  17. Fozziwig

I'll agree that TR haven't had anything that was OP in quite some time. That is true. It does not, however, mean that the Vulcan Harasser is not broken.

Your Lib comparison is invalid for several reasons. First, flying takes more skill. Second, Libs have a comparable resource cost to an MBT. Third, there are hard counters to the Lib, but hard counters do not exist against the Vulcan Harasser. They are too fast and hit too hard. They are, right now, the most broken thing in the game. Worse than lancers, phoenixes, and Vanguards.
  18. qquqq

vulcan is so broken. all the tr use them. i want one,
    • Up x 1
  19. Turiel =RL=

All imbalanced weapons rise to the top, because everyone wants to be part of it as long as it lasts.

It is impossible to design balance on paper or with Excel-sheets. It must be tested out in practice.

I would like to see the AV-Harassers dueling all MBTs and I want to see competent people do it. Also I would like some matches between Harasser with Enforcer, Vulcan and Saron.

Now one may argue that someone will always be on top, but this is besides the point. It must be close! Right now it is NOT close and that is why it is unbalanced.
  20. WTSherman

Somebody better answer that phone, because I totally called it. :p

But why the hell are people once again trying to bring up Vanguards as being "OP" when they're still the worst-performing tank in the game, and NC relies on Lightnings more than any other faction? o_O

Also, to address people trying to say that the Vulcan takes longer to empty its mag than other weapons, no it doesn't. The Enforcer takes 8 seconds, the Vulcan takes 6.75. The Vulcan will also do considerably more damage in those 6.75 seconds than the Enforcer does in 8.
    • Up x 3