The Valkyrie Love

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Meeka

Am I one of the few people who actually enjoys the Valkyrie?

Am I also one of the few people who realize when you get two Heavies with Lock-ons one side and two engineers repairing on the other... the Valkyrie can rule the skies and the ground simultaneously? Air, armour, and infantry, it can deal with them all!

Learn the Valkyrie love... and she will love you back.
    • Up x 2
  2. Scr1nRusher

Its great.

But they should REALLY(and I mean really they have no ******* excuses to not at this point) build in Squad Logistics into the Valkyrie as a automatic/passive system.
    • Up x 3
  3. Spazmatism

They need to give the Valkyrie a cloaking module, to make it like the Phantasm from Planetside 1. That would be great.
    It would probably be too op for valks with weapons though.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tycoh

The valkyrie needs a weapons indicator in the bottom mid of the screen so i can see WHERE MY GUN IS POINTING ON THE VALKYRIE. Also a larger turret turn radius would be nice. Side mounted HMGs would be cool too.
    • Up x 1
  5. Klabauter8

The Valkyrie is the best, most fun and most effective vehicle in the game imo.

It's just too hard to find people for it, since all platoons are merely about infantry play.
  6. Meeka

Recently, I played VS Heavy with Lasher on the side of the Valkyrie... that was the most fun ever. Even MAX suits were running for cover, lol.
  7. xSalt

I do think they should change it so that the turret operates independent of the vehicle. As in the turret stays on target when the valk rotates, like a harasser turret does now. That, or increase its fov.
  8. CazadorDeLaBruja

I love the Valk. Her skin has gotten tougher and she even has access to some nice bonuses and play styles... but she is still a sitting duck. when i pull a valk no one wants to ride in it. im a damn good pilot too. but i cant do anything when an ESF comes knocking... and my gunner cant hit anything with me swerving to avoid fire or maneuvering at low altitude.

her skin may be tougher now... but she slaps like a sissy and is completely dominated by any of the other birds of prey. there are still ZERO rewards for the pilot that uses the Valk as it is intended. Namely Anyone that plays support receives ZERO measurable form of recognition. PS2 favors the Run & Gun over the Tactical or team-oriented. For a game that preaches that the best way to play PS2 is with an Outfit... they do nothing to encourage that kind of play. I run with Randoms and do just fine provided im not with a group of Tk'rs. I even own my own Outfit but find little value in having one.

The reason so few valks are ever seen flying is because of how incredibly and ridiculously loud it is and how far away it can be heard from... and its uselessness to anyone that wants to Solo or provide support to randoms. I would make the engines quieter for one... give the gunner localized stabilization... and make it so people jumping out of the valk can do so without harm by default. *its top heavy so touch-off landings are near impossible even with my level of skill.

A cloak would also be a neat addition, as would empire specific weapon options for the pilot. however the cloak would have to be equipped at the cost of weapons and passengers cant shoot while its cloaked much like the wraith cloak.

imagine dropping the 4 extra seats for co-axil fixed weapon mounts. im thinking 2 large caliber gause cannons for the NC.. 2 Co-axil Quad Mounted Mini-guns for the TR... and 2 Co-axil Burst-Fire Sarons for the Vanu... the Valk could then be setup as an attack ship or as a troop support. the NC would do the largest single shot damage but would have to reload each shot or a two-shot burst *4 shots total comming from 2 mounts*. The TR would have the Higher sustained DPS imagine 8 vulcans *the bullet drop would still be there so as not to supplant existing ESF weapons*... and the Vanu would be in the middle of both a single saron with its stupidly horrible spread is terrible, but two sarons up close would be sick even with the spread... Also more ways to customize your play style and vehicles is always a great thing. This way isnt purely cosmetic. This option would also neither replace the ESF role nor the Galaxy & Lib Gunship Roles.

I always Pay cash for my weapons... and certs for upgrades. so DPG would likely see me buy all 3 of these... and im sure many others would too.
  9. Kristan

Exactly, squads would love this thing more if that's going to be a mobile spawn point complimented with scout radar.
  10. Amouris

I'd love the Valkyrie as well if I could have heavies with Strikers in the back, however I'm NC so all that will happen is instagibbed via team kill.
  11. Alan Kalane

I found the Valk extremely useful when leading a squad. I usually use it as a mobile spawn point that's 50% cheaper, three times more manueverable and 5 times more stealthy than a gal. Very good for deploying an AV/AA nest on a high ground and supporting it with a spawn point.

That said it could use some slight buff to it's utility, namely:
    1) SLS should be built-in
    2) SLS should not require a squadmate inside the valkyrie to allow squad spawn.

That's all the valk needs.
  12. OldMaster80

That's the biggest limit of this vehicle. You need a specific crew to get the best, and you need people trained to make the Valkyrie effective. Grab randome people and you're likely to turn into smoking debris in a blink of an eye. No other vehicle in Planetside 2 has such a huge drawback.
    Either your plan is to drop a squad, to provide anti infantry support, anti aircraft or anti vehicle firepower, you can achieve the same thing with other vehicles with less effort and without having to care about your crew composition.

The best things the Valkyrie has to offer are smaller size than a Galaxy (in case your aim it to bring troops to the frontline) and it's freaking fun to pilot.

Nevertheless there are still some issues that should be addressed.
    - Safe drop built-in. Even if the pilot is sticking to the ground it's next to impossible to fly without Squad Logistic System, passengers will end like hamburgers if they jump down. Honestly we've been telling this for 12 months, I'm shocked still devs did nothing about it.
    - The Valkyrie is not fast enough for something that has been presented as the "fast insertion vehicle" Either devs boost vertical thrusters or we need Afterburner as option.
    - There is not one single ******* reason why the turret shouldn't have a 360° turning radius. Holy **** even the Flash passenger can fire 360°, why do the Valkyrie turret has to be blocked?!
  13. Klabauter8

I totally agree with this, but I think that's not really a problem with the vehicle, but rather a problem with the co-op options in the game. With the Valk it's just extremely noticable but for other vehicles it also still counts. And for ESFs for example you also need a good pilot, otherwise you also won't be that effective with it.
    I disagree that this is necessary. When people jump out from the Valk and die, then it's 95% just the case they were just dumb and jumped out although they will die. Randoms constantly do this.. They jump from Valks into their deaths like Lemmings. But I don't find this is a problem with the vehicle, but just their own fault. I for one find it totally doable to fly without squad logistics, you just should have an own crew and tell them that you don't use this atm. I still can hover above tanks and let them jump out or just let them throw explosives from the rumble seats. It's a bit harder this way, but therefor you also can have Fire Supr or whatever.
    I find it is totally fast enough. It has great thrusters and an awesome start. With a Valk I don't want to fly too far away from my troups anyway, but rather stay around near Sundies, mostly. It's a support vehicle in the end. As a troup support vehicle you don't need to be that fast. I would welcome an afterburner, but i don't think it's really necessary.
    I find it good that the gunner can't aim 360°. They way too often look in the complete wrong directions already anyway. I want my gunner to focus on the front mainly, and being able to quickly take away their aim helps with that. I think the aiming is already good enough.
  14. Cynicismic

I'm sorry for spurring so much Valkyrie hate recently. I didn't mean it; honest! I only wanted Empire-specific ones...
    :oops:

*Weeps in a corner and hangs head in shame*