The TRAP-M1 is a Disgusting addition to TR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Feb 21, 2014.

1. PastalavistaBB

I have serious issues with the Railgun. 850 m/s velocity is just insane. It's the speed of a non charged Lancer round.
  2. LT_Latency

They need to rethink some of these weapons
  3. IamDH

>.<

Can someone post a vid of the TRAP M1 so we can get a rough idea of the gun? Thanks
  4. LT_Latency

All those TR weapons you talked about where nerfed into oblivion. Why would you make the same mistake again??

Giving one faction a OP version of a all empire weapon is clearly a bad idea.
  5. TRPrideMan Forum MVP

That's OP. There is no reason to use any other sniper if you're NC, that velocity will make it super easy to hit things.
  6. Revanmug

The TRAP is awesome. Well... it would be if you could use it on a HA. It's a straight up better BR but for infiltrator which is sad.

As for TR not being able to outsnipe other faction, that's just laughable. The Rams.50 tier is still going to be more than effective. It's not like they suddenly change Infantry render...
  7. Van Dax

non charged lancer is 600m/s
    • Up x 1
  8. LT_Latency

Equal skill, A sniper with more velocity will do way better especially as ranges get longer.

Why do you think the rail gun will do worst then the current HV guns??
  9. PastalavistaBB

LoL, my bad. The velocity of the Lancer is 600/700/800 m/s. No Charge/2 Round Charge/Fully Charge. Which makes the Railgun the Weapon with highest Velocity in the game? :eek: It's as balanced as the IWinShield.
  10. Chrispin

**** this **** I quit.

Anyway, what's wrong with giving the TR a fully automatic long range sniper rifle with low horizontal recoil? They could just lower the damage per shot to balance it out. I know snipers function best by dishing out the most damage in the fewest shots possible, but a long-range, automatic, suppression sniper-rifle would be way more unique and maybe even fun to use.

To balance it out they could make it less effective in close-quarters by reducing the hipfire accuracy by a ton and increase the time it takes to switch to your scope.
  11. Revanmug

Depend on what you mean by better. It will be easier to hit at render range, that's for sure. Problem is you rarely fight at such long range. Animation becomes wonky and more importantly, the render might be much smaller than 300m on bigger fight. Like I said, it's not like they are increasing the render range. You are still going to get under 300m on most battles...

The Shade and Railgun also have a much lower ROF than tier3. The Shade being forced to reload every 2 shots and the Railgun having a slower chamber (1sec) and 1 less round which is a big deal. For killers like me, that ROF loss is fairly big for unlimited rounds/ridiculous velocity. There is a point where exchanging one stats for another isn't worth as much.

As for counter sniping, skill has little bearing on the weapon itself as it is always about finding the target before he find you. Equal skill remember? If I find you first, you'll be dead.

Also I didn't even mention the Railgun in my previous post. L2read. Just for you, here is my post.
    Did I said the Railgun would be inferior? No.

In simple, people saying the Rams.50 will be entirely outmatch by the Railgun or even the Shade (as the OP said) are just unexperience players. I laughed even more when the OP wrote that you can't really fight at 100m with snipers since it's not a "everyday battle situation." That alone just scream "I'm bad!"

Also, wouldn't be surprise if the Railgun get a slight velocity nerf because 850m/s is pretty fast for PS2. That would be the most logic course of action of course...
  12. TheRunDown

Striker breaks lock if anything gets in the way (People, Sticks, fences and other crap.), 2 Annihilator Rockets do more damage than a full round of Striker ammo, It has a lower Lock-on Range than the Annihilator, reversing from a Stiker volly makes the Striker rockets fly in to the floor. Not forgetting the extreme Tunnel vision you get from having to Stay Scroped while Locked-on, While Keeping the Crosshair On the Target and While each Rocket hits it target, that can be anything from 10 seconds to 40 seconds Scoped with a Striker.

Vulcan only works within it's 150-200 meter range, better chance hitting a Bio-lab outside those ranges, our empire ability does not reflect any of our weapons because of the constant nerfs makes our tanks camp on mountains and no one wants to secondary gun a Tank that is being used as artillery as none of the Prowler's secondary weapons work with Anchor mode.

The Mauader has Nearly No Splash damage considering it's type of weapon class.

All our current weapons, how they work and what situation they work in is a pointless argument because at the areas they excel in have been nerfed because of all the crying that went on when people were dying in the situation that weapon was made for.
    Now most of weapons do not work in the situation they were supposed to work in, and only tickle the enemy, or have made it extremely easy to for those using those weapons, or WORST of all make out Empire Camp on Mountains while failing to shoot Tank and Air Zergs with our really bad weapons.

===========================================

Back to the point, this weapon will be good at medium and CQC ranges, but outside of that.. TR will just drop like flys and without a weapon that can shoot the same distance both NC and VS will prefer to attack TR even more than they "already" do because a Sniper will be able to happily sit somewhere and shoot from ridiculous ranges knowing TR will have a extremely hard time going after a person like that..

The WDS series on most server is a good and valid example of how TR are under performing with the constant TR Nerf's because they did this or that to our weapons, making them still throw ammo at people but removes one of several things such as damage or bullet velocity..

We don't need more Medium range weapons, nearly all our weapons already are.. TR as it stands is a Empire that is Jack of all Trades when it comes to weapon types and weapon performance.
  13. OldMaster80

The problem, like someone already said, is that the TRAP has been introduced like a sniper rifle... but it's not. At the moment it looks more like a semi-auto scout rifle with high burst damage and high recoil. Which absolutely perfect for me since I never snipe but I'm always carrying a SOAS or a HSR-1. If that's the final setup I'm going to buy it ;)
  14. TheRunDown

Bash at me all you like, but the point is the SHADE and Railgun no bullet drop and near instant hit, even a "Experienced" player would have a hard time countering a "Experienced" player using those weapons.

The Rams.50 may have a good bullet velocity but were talking about weapons that work with x20 scopes and no need to compensate for bullet drop.

If you going to make me look stupid, Quote my OP first.
    I'm quite sure I said the TRAP-M1 would excel at 100m, and we don't need more weapons like that, or along those lines.

You don't know me and your point is no longer valid by falling to that level during a debate/argument when people are expressing their opinions on a subject.
  15. ZeroErrorz

maybe make it a 2 shot burst 334 damage weapon, maybe that will be abit better....
  16. TheRunDown

But it takes 3 head shots to kill a Inf :( as it is..
    I'm going to get it to, simple because I love my TSAR-42 at CQC it's my last bolt action to get Aurax with, and the TRAP-M1 Destroys at close range, runs out of ammo quick ^^

But if the SHADE and the Railgun is released in it's rofl stomp state, it going to be hard times for TR..
  17. TheRunDown

The low damage isn't the issue really, its the delivery of the bullets themselves.
    The only way I can see this weapon working is either make the damage equal to 2 shot head shot,
    or make the bullets fire from the same chamber burst, meaning the bullets travel behind one another on the same recoil. So its a double impact on the target.

When you use the TRAP-M1 the x2 and x3 Burst are for CQC I believe there is no need for 3 because the 3rd bullet will never hit its target unless its a close range gut shot. Which basically makes it a shotgun..
    The x2 shot really does not help when firing outside of CQC ranges.

But as I say, it's a really powerful scout/battle Rifle, but anything outside of that it can't even be used in 1x mode because it takes 3 head shots to even kill an Infiltrator.. where as the other scout rifles take 2 on all classes.
  18. Krayus_Korianis

• Up x 2
  19. Akeita

Because NC are rich and wealthier, SWIM IN THE AMOUNT OF MONAY WE PUT IN TO DESIGN GUNS.
  20. Goretzu

Pretty sure neither the Marauder nor the Striker were the above.

The NC versions were certainly different to the NS versions, but were unmitagately pants in the first case, and situational in the second.