The Real State of the Game: The NC Problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mac0888, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Jenks

On Jaeger NC has the highest population but consistently has < 25% territory on all 3 continents.

L2p etc, right.
  2. MartianDiscoFish

Oh how foolish of the devs! :eek:

NC are always supposed win infantry fights, why shouldn't they?
    After all, NC are 'the good guys' and the good guys should always win at infantry combat.

+1 for aim assist for NC weapons.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rhapsody

no.. get your fingers our of yer ears.

NC as a role, and by PS1 standards, were sapose to be the 'kings' of CQC (close quarters combat), hence why our HA is a 'shotgun', and both the VS and TR HA's are medium-long range. We are sapose to hit 'hard' when you get close.

Problem there is that none of our weapons have anywere near the TTK at ANY range, including CQC, that the other two factions weapons have, due to the pure fire-rate difference, and accuracy difference. Even our HA Shotgun is patheticaly weak when even common-pool shotty's out-damage it.
  4. desktop

The NC outfits are not very good. im really not impressed by the opposition on miler. I know its not an issue of balance because Theres one or two decent NC outfits on miler who can get kills and take bases. if you ever see the tag LSD (les scorpions du) follow them and learn something.
    • Up x 2
  5. Liger Zero

From my experience, TR weapons fire fast and are more accurate, but deal less damage than other factions guns. VS weapons do more damage in close quarters and are fairly accurate but do significantly less damage long range. NC weapons deal lots of damage in the short to medium range, but are fairly inaccurate and have a slower rate of fire.

It seems balanced to me.
  6. PanzerGhost

While true, most times I see TR or the Vanu controlling most of the map, when it comes to 1v1 as infantry or vehicles I have done pretty well and have no complaints about balance. Remember, live free, fight free. The NC will always prevail.
  7. Paulus magintie

I have seen the NC take base's with relative ease but thats due to over whelming fire power, each offensive needs around 15 tanks and 4-5 sunderers to get anywhere close to taking a base.

I do think we need a buff though.
  8. moss9

TTK is the problem. Faction traits don't matter when everything dies in the blink of an eye.
    Also, Jackhammer is still garbage.
  9. Poerisija

Why are you meant to dominate in infantry combat? You have the best tank and ESF already, don't you?

Oh, I see, you wanted the old NC ezmode back.

Y U NO CAN HAVE.
  10. Lancener

I've tried all the factions, there's a difference that is compensated for by altering your combat method.

If you're playing as an NC and staying at far range, you're playing wrong unless you're an infiltrator.

TR guns sometimes seem over accurate compared to other factions, they have little to no kick and the Cone of fire is nearly non-existent.

VS guns have no drop (unless there is drop) so long range combat is good for them. In the earlier stages of the beta the VS were by far the worst faction and their guns behaved in a way that made them feel like firing sheets of paper.

The problem here is that TR and VS both fight longer range, while NC should be fighting short range they are forced into long range fights or they die. NC guns are the only guns that really matter much based on distance because the VS and TR guns are fairly good at most ranges.

NC guns hit harder and should have more kick and a larger cone of fire rightfully, they have high damage output in close range as long as you can actually aim.
    TR have the highest DPS capability at range and aren't lacking in close quarter combat.
    VS have DPS capability fairly similar to the TR, slightly less accuracy and fire rate for slightly more damage.

The game is balanced at close range but not at long range.
  11. blueadept

End thread. We have all of the scientific data that we need. The weapons ARE in fact balanced.
  12. NBA JAM

I've played on a wide variety of east/west coast servers since launch and leveled a Character on each faction to BR 10. If you haven't tried to play each faction yet, I suggest you do as you'll be amazed at how underpowered NC really are (at least for infantry).

Just going by the starting weapons, without upgrades, Vanu have it soooooo easy. I was able to get BR 10 so fast on Vanu (and TR) as compared to the NC. The reason for all this is due to the accuracy of the guns. NC have THE WORST guns ever. Period. Why? Because they do just a tiny bit more dmg than the other factions but suffer from huge recoil issues after the first shot. Probably the only worthwhile infantry gun the NC have (accuracy/firing rate wise) is the Medic's GAUSS rifle. Every other gun fires so slow and is just so inaccurate in burst fire.

What makes it so easy to get BR/Certs points in this game (for the other factions) is getting more assists with guns. It's a constant stream of assist EXP because more of your shots are hitting the targets. Where with the NC, 80% of the shots miss, but if the other 20% hit, then ya, your targets head falls off. However missing most of the time due to recoil really hurts the big infantry battles that inevitably break out in this game. I know everyone wants to go "LOL L2P NOOB! NC ARE FINE!" but seriously, go play the other factions and compare. You will see TR and Vanu really do have it easy.

TR starting weapons all have fairly good accuracy and good firing rate. Shooting at a distance can be so-so but overall TR can still stomp NC in a firefight in the bases. Time and time again, across several servers now, I constantly see NC being pushed back and unable to defend points. They usually have to resort to a huge "lance-push" down the middle of each map to get cert points. Of course they then lose everything and get locked into their warp gate, only to start the process all over again.

Also, the iron sights on all the NC weapons are blocky and big, obstructing your vision. Vanu have the best iron sights over all the other factions making urban combat and base taking so much easier.

So, tell me to L2P all you want, but those who play NC will understand and SOE will have to address this issue at some point or they're going to lose a 3rd of their player base.

Till then, I'll be on Vanu.
    • Up x 13
  13. redpoint

You just made a point good sir! And have the "data" to back it up!
  14. BurialDay

TR is dominating my server because NC can't hold more than 20% of territory without putting 40% of their population on one continent.

I.e., TR's default weapons are too strong.
    • Up x 1
  15. General Epeen

Spoken like a true member of the fourth empire. The NC's turn in the game of balance will come around.

Whatever happened to faction loyalty?
    • Up x 3
  16. RobotNinja

If you stand a NC HA next to a TR or VS HA and then have them both start firing at the same time, I guarantee the NC HA dies every time.

ROF and ACCURACY are king of close quarters battle, heck even mid-quarters battle. NC is great when you roll with a squad, platoon or outfit but by your lonesome even if you get the jump on another player there's a good chance they'll still turn around and ROF you to death. I think the NC's MAX units are a big disparity too. Sure they do the most burst damage...to anyone that's 10 feet away from them but mid-long range and sustained fire is non-existent.

There were a lot of weapons and certs for all classes, for all factions that would have closed the gap on many of these drawbacks but come launch they were taken out and never implemented.

I didn't pick the NC for their faction characteristics though. I picked NC so I could roll with baddest *** NC outfit on the west coast...the 666th DevilDogs. If the devs decide we need some tweaking, great. If not, whatevs. I'll keep rolling.
    • Up x 2
  17. Arkenor

Not played the other sides yet, so you may well be right in all you say, but I must say that the NC I've met do not seem to be having any trouble hitting us, regardless of range, and their guns do some serious harm. I'm pretty sure if a Vanu and an NC were to start shooting eachother in the face at the same time, the NC would be the one left standing.

(Actually, seeing as there seems to be a great deal of debate about that, maybe the folks that are concerned could run some tests.)

I've not noticed any real difference in lethality between fighting NC and fighting TR.
    • Up x 1
  18. Mortonn

I'm calling ********. Try actually playing TR and tell me your weapons are underpowered. TR use peashooters
  19. medbot544

Started as NC, got madder and madder. Kills were super hard to get. I felt like a free kill; rocking a .8:1 K/D on that toon.

Then I went TR and I started doing much much better. Same close combat scenarios I get rolled 9 outa 10 times on NC, I now win more on TR. Merely have a 1.8:1 K/D on that toon so far.

It's either I have gotten better (which I doubt) or maybe it's all because of the guns. I have a strong feeling it's the latter...
  20. Redbanner

Honestly i don't like to whine or pick sides or anything like that but honestly i agree, i played my NC until BR 12 before i tried the other factions and my god it was so much easier to kill people with accurate guns i mean i always heard people bickering about it but i figured they were just bs'ing but really they are better at least default wise.