[Suggestion] The real reasons why VS/TR are better (Must read for all, NC complainers,SOE)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TintaBux, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TintaBux

The real reasons why VS/TR are better (Must read for all, especially NC complainers)

Let me start by saying I never played PS1 and have no bias towards either faction. I have a player for each faction, however I like a game that is harder to play so in the future my bias may change. At my best my KDR is over 2, but I don't care about that, I play for fun and play on the Miller server.

So far I have split things a bit different starting out playing VS, then TR AND Recently I have been playing NC. While the NC weapons can seem harder I actually enjoy them and don't find anything wrong with the weapons in general. I can tear through VS and TR with ease at close/medium range, just the same as I can with the other factions weapons against each other, anyway to the main problems below.

The main problem I see for the NC compared to VS is, VS have much more togetherness, when they come they come in much bigger force working together, it's like most in VS stick together and work together much more. So you have outfits/platoons together and when VS attack or defend like that it's pretty hard to defend/or attack them. Especially because allot are in mags and they can have deadly air all again working together.

So while "maybe" the VS has some better armor/weapons very slightly, the main problem is as explained above, because it seems like the VS has more players, but it's not the amount of players that gives them the advance (More often than not) It's the way they stick together, which to me means they have more leaders and better outfits/platoons overall giving them the advantage.

The TR (again on Miller) is similarly to VS, but just slightly behind in terms of togetherness, but still allot more than NC.

For the NC, the main problem is everyone is scattered all over, there is not many good outfits/platoons and players working together like the VS and TR. Yes there is "some" good outfits, one very good at Miller, and I've been in battles where the NC have defended for hours against a massive amount of TR or VS attacking (Like at the crown on Indar) and done it successfully, but in the end they will mostly lose out when coming up against an organized VS or TR, because they have a much better togetherness which means when they come or defend against the NC, the NC are fighting a lost cause (Even though they can put up a good fight) because they don't have the sheer numbers compared to them when attacking or defending.

When the numbers are more even (In these fights, not server population) The NC can often come out on top, because they have great players also when working together in those smaller numbers, but as stated, they don't have the togetherness of either the VS or TR in sheer numbers, and this means they lose out more often than not,

So the NC players complaining all the time, please stop making out the faction is weaker because of the weaponry/vehicles, yes the Reaver maybe weaker, yes some weapons maybe harder to use, but that is not the main problem, the problem is the NC don't have the togetherness in sheer numbers of the other factions to make a difference consistently, that's why it's often harder, not because of what you have, because of the togetherness of the other factions which means more often than not your fighting against a much stronger force, thus making the faction the harder faction to be in fights more often than not. Sometimes there can be the sheer numbers for NC sure , but like stated it's not consistent enough to make a real difference. And sometimes there can be more NC, but it's no good if everyone is all over.

Now what makes this happen? Obviously the other factions are more appealing to the players that emphasize on togetherness and team work overall, and the NC have more of the newer players or players who don't understand that working together is a must, and add to that the other factions seem to have more leaders that are able to run outfits/platoon to work together. Remember, the NC on miller does have some good leaders/outfits and players, but not as many as the other factions and this create the problems explained above, meaning the NC is more like playing on harder mode more often than not, but mainly because of all that has been explained, not because of what the NC have to use (Though it would help to have a better Reaver and other stuff to make it more appealing to those leaders/team work players and a bit more easier)

Not sure if this is the same on other servers also, but that's how it seems from reports.

Also please don't turn this in a waR between the factions, let's be constructive.
    • Up x 5
  2. Tiedemann

It' kinda how it works on Cobalt too. I like playing NC but I get a little frustrated over the constant Crossroads/Crown 24/7 mentality and that most people don't seem to care about anything else than the farming/instant action in Indar.
    We have a lot of good people that actually makes a difference but it never lasts more than a few hours, then VS/TR are running over everything again without enough NC ppl that cares.
    People stay to get farmed in a base until they lose the spawn and then they are too late to fall back on the closest base already because the enemy is already there.
    There are never enough squads/platoons with leadership that lasts long enough either. Even if there are outfits running them they have too few ppl willing to work when the "good" guys leave, then you spam the chat about setting WPs and just leave your self. Last night we actually had arguing on the orders channel that resulted in ppl splitting up and spreading all over the place and it didn't exactly help. I understand that ppl don't always agree but I feel that we need some really serious ppl with good leadership skills that ppl know who are, otherwise it's just a bunch of random guys giving orders that don't really mean much to the noobs/lone wolfs since it never lasts anyway..

Either you have to join the zerg, you are in luck and find some squads actually taking bases strategically or you end up driving a sunday trip with your sundy looking for lost souls....
  3. PanzerShrimp

TR arn't that much better, unlikle VS TR actauly has some disadvanatges.

VS on the other hand, there entire arsenal is overpowered, and easy mode.

Shame on anyone who claims to be a decent player and used weapons such as the orion and soltice.
    • Up x 1
  4. Leer

Lots of stats in a number of posts behind the strengths weaknesses of the factions. They often show that hitting slow, hard, and large kick is outperformed by fast smaller COF and lighter or accurate, quick and light. The last sentence is an over all generalization as well due to purchased weapons and certs.

There are also some some graphical reasons in some locations on the map. Each of my players are on different servers so I can't compare organization of the factions I'm playing against but it seems about the same for each faction that I play on each server.

Having said that I don't think the NC are crippled they just have an overall more challenging game much like VS has challenge with the MAX (just and example so show every faction has something to point to.) I guess a persons play stay also figures into the abilities as well. On average NC<TR<=VS with TR and VS begin in a good place not needed nerfs and NC needing tweaks only.
  5. PartNinja

When you have a game of more than 2 factions there are going to be balance issues. Sometimes its just a case of "the grass is always greener". I don't feel the VS are wholey over powered, but the middle of the road making them better as a general purpose. The other factions perhaps need a few smaller tweaks to bring their benefits in line with their draw backs or VS need a more significant draw back. With so many guns I personally feel there is no real flavor difference between them. Despite any imbalance I still get slayed plenty by all three factions no matter which toon I'm on.
  6. MrHenderson

Its all in your head. But cool story.
    • Up x 8
  7. TintaBux

Thanks for the replies,and I agree with most.

Who is that aimed that? Because my originally post speaks the truth, most NC players agree, like some above.
  8. fish998

I'd say you need to play on more than one server to make a sweeping judgement like that, and you know even if it were true, it's not a justification for the NC having equipment that is either inferior, like the Reaver, or harder to use like the infantry weapons. Also it's a not a justification for NC being much easier to see at night (that's half the time we're at a big visibility disadvantage), or having the worst warpgate on Indar.

I actually think it's the other way around - the NCs reputation for being underpowered has driven the big outfits to pick the other factions, the reputation of the reaver is why we have few pilots, the reputation of the magrider is why you see fewer vanguards and the overall reputation of NC as being hard to play is why we have less population in general.
    • Up x 6
  9. The_Shruberer

On my main server, I find the NC a much bigger threat than TR, which has led me to become confused when I come to the forums and see complaints about how weak the NC are. On that server (Forgot the name but it's a US West server) the NC are probably the most powerful in general. This is probably because of the reasons that you posted: they are very well organized and always work together. I find that the TR are usually "doing their own thing" and have little organization in comparison.
  10. TintaBux

Strongly disagree, most reports from players from other servers suggest otherwise. I don't think the NC are underpowered based on a theory that it';s because of peoples reputations and guys going to other factions because of the complainers, players will go to the factions which seem the easier in general and what reputation they have (That's how it works in most games)

I did play on a US server and AUS server couple times and generally seems same (I went on there by mistake when first started, but now just go on Miller now as I am in Europe and it's most active there) But as am on Miller I can't see myself, but if you disagree are you saying NC is better than VS on other servers? There are much better outfitsplatoons there? If so please show me.
  11. TintaBux

It seems it's allot to do with the server, most servers it seems it's the VS>TR>NC, but like you suggested NC seem better on the server you go on, but the reports suggest that is only the cause on a smaller number of servers? That's how the PS2 community are talking about anyway.
  12. Zapon

no, the VS aren;t "overpowered"
    -however, the problem you mentioend is real

On the VS- our weapons aren't hard hitting- and we don't win all the ranged fights we get into.

In stand up fights- it's not assured- so a lot of VS platoons group up and try to stick together

YESTERDAY- the Platoon leader has us make a magrider zerg/ - but he had us STICK IN FORMATION, around his Sundy

V shaped Formation attacking the NC and TR both of whom were hammering the Eisa tech plant and esamir munitions corps

-

There's a easy solution to this problem- give xp bonuses encouraging players to mass up, and work together- then no one will be at a disadvantage
  13. TheAirbornePosterior

I see. And this is from extensive research from playing 100's of hours of each faction? Also, Tougherness is not a word, you're looking for Toughness.

Either way, I'm just going to leave this bottle of Lotion here for the Vanu. Wouldn't want any chaffing.
  14. TintaBux

I agree, as stated maybe VS are slightly better at some things, but like I said I can tear up VS and TR fine when in infantry close/med range fights, so I really don't see the weapons being a problem for NC.

That's exactly how it is with VS, your example with the formation is a perfect example of the type of leaders and players that are in VS (For most servers) which make them stronger, not because of weapons etc. It's all about leaders/team players.
  15. TintaBux

I played a good number of hours on each faction and spoke with many guys in PS through mics about the issues and situation for each faction, on most servers this is the real reason that most agree with thus posting on here. Togetherness is the word I was using, but due to mental disabilities maybe I got some things wrong.
  16. mags

The empire with scattermaxes is not allowed to complain.
    • Up x 5
  17. TintaBux

Like said I play NC at the moment, but thats how it goes with me VS>TR>NC in rotation,I will be back playing VS in a week or so, and so for, though I did player them for a few hours the other night (Ruining the rotation slightly)
  18. kill

Cannot believe people think there is some kind of special culture in each empire that sets it apart from the others. Like human beings who play NC are inherently disorganized. Really?

It isn't like that. Is just random people from the internet. The only difference is that less people from beta went NC so VS/TR are have more experienced/organized players. But the impact of that is fairly minor. The reason of course, those experienced players went NC, is because NC was the "least fun" and "least powerful" empire.

NC has overall the lowest popluation. The worst guns. The worst ESF. The worst warpgate placements (especially on Indar).

Seriously the audacity of some people who claim that there isn't anything wrong about NC, it's the players themselves that is "faulty", is astounding.
    • Up x 3
  19. MarkAntony

I am sick and tired of this stupid myth. Stop talking BS.
    TR/VS players are not better. stop lying. they do not do better in teamwork. These lies have to stop.
    Also stop complaining about Scattermaxes. They are useless outside of 5 meters. Useless!
  20. TintaBux

I am not debating the reasons why players choose whatever faction they choose, I don't care about that. I am explaining the reality of the situation that gives the impression that VS are much better at everything. Thus the community out rage about NC being weak, VS being the stronger by far TR in the middle, when this is not the case, it's a cause like explained in my original post, and yes humans can be very disorganized, especially in online gaming where there is many one man warriors, but like stated I don't care why players hate whatever faction, just explaining the reasons why it seems VS/TR mostly have an advantage over NC. Also the population on Miller on other servers is quite even between the factions.

I have played each faction, I know what it's like being in VS, and being against them, I actually like infantry guns in NC better than VS now for closer/medium range fights, I like the max better on VS, and so on, but the way I see it is like I explained.

I am not even saying the players are better, I am saying the togetherness is better and they have more leaders, which is the truth, gosh read all my post before posting.