The Players Demand Voice Packs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BoomBoom4You, Jan 16, 2014.

1. BoomBoom4You

I will not tolerate your insolence.
  2. VaIhall

If they would hire me I could get the voice packs done in less than 1 day.
  3. BoomBoom4You

*Pounds on table*

WHAT DO WE WANT? VOICE PACKS!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM? NOW
    • Up x 1
  4. Brayton

Voice packs?

5. Nayrx

i want the flamboyant voice from PS1 that said "Fabulous!"
    • Up x 1
  6. Lugia3

I demand that SOE's resources go into providing actual content, rather than another hat scheme!

Haha.
  7. Phyr

They're Mercenaries, derpface.
  8. Brayton

They're not even that at this point. They're a organized single military force since the New Conglomerate is a state.
  9. Phyr

When did it become a state? As far as I was aware, NC was run by corporations, who only want to exploit the planet for profit, which doesn't jive well with TR (who seek control and order) or VS (who want to use wibbly wobbly science to "evolve")
  10. Saval

I do not want a voice pack.
  11. Nintyuk

Then you can use the default!
  12. Akeita

Duh, of course Vanu Scum don't know anything.
  13. Phyr

Woah, hold up, I'm 1/3rd Vanu.
  14. Brayton

I'd argue that the Mega-corps are actually the state themselves. The fact they're working together and agreed to this not only sets up a constitution, which would be legal agreements and such but also by the time they made it to Auraxis, things have changed. They're now a rebel fighting force claiming to fight for the people, whatever their original intent was it went out the window immediately as soon as the colony ships went through that hole.

If they were a mega-corps, they'd have all of their representations being separate. But they have a single unified army, they strictly oppose the VS and the TR who, if the lore is to be believed are the dominant force and therefore have more money which means mercenary bands would flock to the TR, who wouldn't mind having plausible doubt.

Also, everyone makes the Space America comparison, and its apt because the guys who started the US and decided everything, were rich white business owners. So yeah, I'd argue that the NC is a state.
  15. MajiinBuu

16. Phyr

But that leaves the possibility to distinguish between the state and the fighting force. The people running it could be a state/government/whatever, but the fighting force can still be mercenaries, fighting for whoever makes the best offer.
  17. Brayton

Part of it could be mercenaries. I'm not saying its impossible, but what I am saying is at the very least the bulk is made up by trained militias.
  18. BoomBoom4You

Keep it on topic. I theorize the servers are down because they are working on the voice packs.
  19. blampoet

...i know it's been done before

but i'd really like more stuff like that...
  20. Pat22