The Octagon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jonesing25, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Kenny007

Not entirely sure where you're going with this. Defense (camping) is often based around protecting key choke points and this was no different here. I've yet to see the Octagon fall 'within minutes', even with a lazy attempt at defense, much like the situation I had in mind when I wrote that. We had something like 10 people show up to fight off a Vanu 48+ rush and we quite rapidly lost the 4 control points. However, the NC responded before both spawn rooms could be camped and an impressive push out from those areas commenced and each point was taken back pretty quickly...

...That alone is worth mention; a spawn room design that provides even a modicum of hope for defenders to get out of, rather than resorting to firing from within their shields while the base is lost. Having been on both sides of the wall, I've never seen taking the Octagon be anything but an extended effort, just as a base capture should be.

The walls could be improved so they could be better manned and more defensible, but overall it is a beacon of hope for future map development and base design. Not all bases should be Octagons, but the uniqueness and fights provided by it are something to be sought after in future designs.
    • Up x 1
  2. ent|ty

Do you also know the definition of 'suicide"?

Apparently not. Suicide is taking ones own life, either on purpose or mistake (PS2).

Just because SOE answered your nub prayers and put it in the game, doesn't make it right.

So no, YOU'RE WRONG.
  3. Ashnal

Suicide is purposeful ending your life because you no longer wish to live. It motivated by internal factors. Suicide is NOT defined by external factors. Any external factor that causes you to do damage to yourself is by proxy a result of that attacker, not suicide, because the damage was by a mistake that the attacker caused you to make.
  4. ent|ty

I dont give a flying ****, YOU DID NOT GET THE KILL.
  5. RealityWarrior

It makes me laugh as you rage trying to defend your stance.

Dance monkey, DANCE!
    • Up x 1
  6. johnway

Having played it today i actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Although to be fair, there were 2 very organised outfits that made things very interesting and we were defending so for the attackers it must have felt like bashing their skulls against a wall.

But since everything was in my favour and there were 2 organised outfits the first thing that came to mind was "Wow! esamirs crown!". The Enemy (NC) were sending LA over the walls from all angles testing our defences and galaxies full of soldiers onto objectives and when they took one were pushed them back with a lot of blood. we repulsed them several times until finally after an immense amount of pressure we finally fell before a barrage of gun fire and we left. But it was quite exciting and i had a lot of fun.

But this was in optimum conditions, what it would be like on another server, i'm not sure. Probably crap. I must admit the bases are easier to defend but they funnel you into kill zones that mean that disorganised zergs or squads are easily wiped out as theres little in the way of support and there are only rigid paths you could take and the LA is in its element. But since i play infantry most of the time and i roll in zergs, well defended bases do liven things up.
  7. Alarox

So I'm not the only one thinking this...
  8. Pikachu

We need doors. Doors! Doors that can be opened by the defenders.
  9. deggy

Except according to the game he did.

"GODDAM IT GAME CODE, YOU'RE WRONG! DEVS, YOU'RE WRONG TOO!"

I LOL'd.

Edit: No, you didn't give a flying ****, you gave a flying death. Hehe, I made a funny.
  10. ent|ty

Devs are wrong, yep. Credit for kills shouldn't be given to people for others suiciding (for w/e reason).
  11. Geneaux

What pains me abou this base is that none TR outfits present(at the time of this particular battle today), we're smart enough to go in with some Galaxy drops. They've got 48+, we've got 48+, and we're still running at the front gate with armor and heavies like r****ded lemmings and making no progress.
  12. Ashnal

Sure you did. There's a reason why you can get thrown in prison for assisted suicide :p