The NC6 Gauss SAW, T9 CARV and the Orion - Replacing myth with facts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hisenburg, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Epic High Five

Someone find me the cure for SAW FEVER, STAT
  2. boogaa

Nice investigation, however stats do not represent at all the in-game facts. NC Gauss SAW got lot of recoil making it difficult to handle even with all teh attachment. I played several month with that machinegun and recently I tried HA Vanu and was suprised by the ease to kill people, my K/D was uncomparable to what I use to do with NC. So once again, NC got only ****** weapon, that is true with LMG, SMG ... and rocket launcher .... facts are what we should consider not stats that are totally irrelevant...
  3. Cinnamon

MSW-R is supposed to be a close range assault weapon so if they were to buff it's role as a sidegrade it should be something like ads movement speed or reload not recoil. Or just nerf pump actions or something.
  4. Turiel =RL=

Here is the only comparison that counts:
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. NietCheese

I would bet my last dollar that the TR guys who think the Gauss is fantastic would be crying rivers when they experience the recoil first hand and realise that fast firing weapons win most encounters.
  6. WalrusJones

Why not Dirt-Em instead?
  7. EnviousCipher

OR perhaps TR players have played with the Gauss SAW on an alternate, y'know, something anyone can do? I would take the SAW's recoil pattern over the CARV's current one any day.
  8. Turiel =RL=

Recoil is an artifical modificator to make you randomly miss shots - shots that otherwise would have hit, because you lined up your mouse pointer and your target perfectly. So instead of hand-eye coordination, the outcome is decided by stats and random factors.

The funny thing is that even the guys who believe in recoil "for realism" spend a ton of certs on attachments that elminiate it as much as possible.

With that much recoil, I wonder if it makes more sense trying to miss your target on purpose, than the other way around. If I can hit everything except my target, maybe I should not try to aim at it. Overall this whole empire specific recoil issue makes this game terrible from a competitive standpoint. This is also the reason why they will go NS-only for E-Sports. Pretty sad, that it had to lead to this.
  9. The King

Simply not true.
    All I need is 30 certs, heck iron sights is good enough, but I like the NV.
    Oh, recoil? You really call that recoil?
    It's hardly noticeable.
    Maybe I am used to recoil or something, but this gun doesn't have much of it.
    And yes, I believe it is the best LMG in the game.
  10. Bape

I swear you TR make me LOL so much " Ill take the saw any day" I can tell you first hand that the SAW is more difficult to handle then any other gun compared to TR/VS. No TR should talk unless he is BR 30 + with 1500 kills with the saw.
    • Up x 1
  11. Paperlamp

Whether or not SAW is the best - it undoubtedly is for long range but CQC is debatable - it's certainly true that the Carv doesn't compete with the other starters. Really it's not just starters either, TR really doesn't have any good LMGs relative to VS and NC.

I'm really sick of switching between MSW-R and TMG-50 and finding them both lacking.

LMGs I'd take over every gun in the TR LMG arsenal without question -

SAW
    EM6
    GD-22s
    Orion
    SVA-88
    Pulsar LSW
  12. Hisenburg

I'll address other posts later.

This isn't really correct. Recoil is a constant, predictable modifier designed to reduce your accuracy. You can compensate for it, purely because it isn't random. A player experienced with compensating for recoil could, in all honesty, use a Gauss SAW completely stock with no attachments - maybe an Adv. Foregrip. It just wouldn't really be worth it.
    What you may be thinking of is Cone Of Fire. That space in between the lines on your crosshair is the cone of fire. The area in which your bullets will hit. That is truly random and cannot be compensated for - except by bursting your weapon and controlling your fire. It's a pretty old mechanic and has been in video games since the 90's.
    This, by the way, is the reason Horizontal Recoil is a huge issue, in that it acts as an artificial form of cone of fire, because it will cause a huge random deviation in your fire on top of the cone of fire you already have. Makes weapons extremely unpredictable, and that means players cannot actually improve with the weapon or compensate for its issues.
  13. WalrusJones

We need to give these guys a drill course on using the SCARMK17 on death basin sands night.

They would never complain of video game recoil again.
  14. EnviousCipher

And i can tell you from first hand experience also (since i do play NC a fair bit as well as TR) that you're full of ****, and request you stop assuming that people only ever play as one faction.
  15. TintaBux

Very true, unfortunately these TR threads keep popping up asking for buffs for TR and nerfs for other factions, it's none stop, despite TR being the best faction already overall and most of these request just unrealistic and not feasible, but at least this thread is kind of more constructive.
  16. Mastachief

TR moans about an NC weapon despite having better weapons across the board dresses argument up to appear none bias ..... Standard.
  17. Fenrisk

NC noob whines about having a shield that can take 20,000 points of damage and regens in 7 seconds. Standard.
  18. Paperlamp

We don't have better weapons across the board, I think where we really shine is ARs, and to a lesser degree carbines - due to having 40 round clips mainly. We don't have good LMGs, neither of our traits seems to really be applied to our LMGs and we don't have any standout LMGs due to this, for any range. VS have equal RoF with better accuracy, NC have higher damage with better accuracy. All TR LMGs are outclassed by either an NC or VS variant of it. MSW-R is a weaker Orion, TMG-50 is a weaker EM6, and those are generally considered the best close and mid-long range options for TR.

So if TR has good ARs and carbines - maybe even the best, but weak LMGs, you might say it's overall balanced. But LMG balance is kind of a bigger deal though, since it's the most played infantry class. Plus, guns of all types across factions should be balanced rather than certain factions being the superior choice for some classes. Right now it sucks if you main HA on TR.
    • Up x 1
  19. WUNDER8AR

ITT NC downplaying the capabilities of the SAW.

It's simple:
    If you're a bad shot you'll find the CARV or any of the lower dps/ high rof LMGs to be good, maybe even superior to the SAW, since a high ROF is typically more forgiving when coupled with a large magazine. Due to the high ROF it is also very likely that missed shots at sustained/ burst fire simply go unnoticed, where as when you're using the SAW you actually notice when a shot misses because of the slower rof. All of which gives you the impression that a CARV is more accurate/ easier to control than the SAW, which, in fact, is simply untrue.

SAW is ultimately the superior weapon if can actually get and keep your reticle on a target, which is by no means rocket science in this game.
    • Up x 1
  20. TintaBux

TR has better equipment (And weapons) across the board, as the stats show.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Code:
    MAX:              NC > TR = VS
    Engineer:        TR > VS > NC
    Medic:            TR > VS > NC
    Light Assault:    TR > VS = NC
    Heavy Assault:    TR > NC > VS
    Infiltrator:      TR > NC > VS
    MBT:              TR > VS > NC
    ESF:              VS = TR > NC