The NC6 Gauss SAW, T9 CARV and the Orion - Replacing myth with facts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hisenburg, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Cinnamon

No, it's not random in that it always pull up and to the right. That is easy to compensate for.

But it still judders around as much as the carv with that and the carv only pulls up which is not worse.
  2. Flag

Right, my bad then.
  3. Xind

Directed at the both of you: Do you think the Advanced Laser Sight on the MSW-R is what most people using it are using? I've got Auraxium with it and I can honestly say the laser sight is pointless...the accuracy even after attachments is still terrible.

Secondly, njust to add a thought your balance discussion on the weapon, but the MSW-R cost certs/sc while the Orion is free which is another slight notch towards the Orion being superior.
    • Up x 1
  4. Flag

On the flip side, VS have to spend certs to get LMGs for engagements outside of CQC, so that's a bit of a moot point.
    And tbh, 100 certs is "nothing", as far as that example goes.
    • Up x 1
  5. Messaiga

I remember one day on Esamir, I had my Gauss Saw with 3.4x, compensator, and advanced foregrip. I had only been playing for about a month at this point and I was absolutely wrecking *** with the Gauss SAW. No infiltrators with sniper rifles were around (Keep in mind this was december, so no SMG's, flinch was not changed yet, and NC had the top left warpgate on Esamir). I had a blast with it because I am pretty sure, I went on to get something close to 56/20 or something like that because I was pretty much sitting in the mountains to the Northwest of Northern Weigh Station destroying any target I caught standing still at ranges of about 60-80 meters, it was probably the most fun I have ever had with the Gauss Saw and the first time I gained certs in large quantities. Eventually in January I parted with my Gauss SAW and got an EM6 using 500 certs I had saved up, + 330 certs for attachments. I now have the Auraxium Medal with both the Gauss SAW and the EM6, they are possibly the best LMG's in the game in my opinion, and any place where the Orion works better than my EM6, I could just use the LA39 Bruiser and shoot some buckshot into that VS Heavy's skull.
    • Up x 2
  6. EnviousCipher

I use the MSW-R with ADV Laser, and its an absolute beast in CQB. The foregrip really doesn't do all that much to reduce horizontal recoil, and the Laser is damn helpful when you're rushed and you need accuracy from the hip. Its only good for close/medium range, though since thats where most of the fights happen, i'm content. Also i use the HS/NV scope and soft point ammo.

Thats one of the problems i have with the SAW, its a beast in all situations and doesn't cost a cent. TR have to spend certs/station cash for both ranges, and even then close range has been supplanted by shotguns.
  7. Flag

That's pretty much what the Orion does, just it has to make do without the spa and adv. laser. :p
  8. pnkdth

I use the adv laser sight as well on my MSW-R. The VS 100 cert LMG is their version of the CARV with worse ROF and their signature one-directional recoil/75 rounds per magazine. This is probably why I, as a VS player, like the MSW-R so much. It reminds me of most other VS weapons. It may also be the reason why most TR players like the Orion/SVA-88 because they're basically TR weapons in their characteristics(bar the 75 rounds and general VS traits).
  9. EnviousCipher

Well from what i've experienced the Orion only runs out of breath entering long ranges, whereas the MSW-R runs out of breath in what i'd refer to as the "middle" of medium range, if that makes sense.

Put simply, even without the ADV laser, the Orion does the job of the MSW-R and more.
  10. Flag

I really like the Orion, so I can't actually argue against this. :)
    It's not amazing at mid range(still ok), but could very well be a bit better than the MSW-R at it.

PS: I may have had some Psy on in the background, which makes that signature of yours quite hilarious. ;)
  11. EnviousCipher

After playing around in the test server, expect more MSW-R's with foregrips, thats all i'm gonna say.
  12. Flag

You assume people will do sensible things? Really now, this is the internet. There's just no room for such missconceptions :D
    • Up x 1
  13. Undeadfred

agreed man. I really hope devs consider these points.
  14. Xind

Did it get buffed in some way? Because the Gu8 just gave it some minor nerfs with no upside...but it was enough to make me drop it for the Hailstorm entirely.
  15. EnviousCipher

I've felt that GU8 has actually benefited a lot of weapons, increasing their medium range effectiveness with certain attachments.
  16. Xind

Is the MSW-R counted among the weapons that you feel were improved?
    I feel like it was not. I use it with a foregrip, so I really felt the swap time nerf and the extra vertical pull is just annoying.
    On the flip side the TMG-50 wasn't hit...but I doubt they could nerf what seems to be considered TRs only LMG alternative to the Carv.
  17. EnviousCipher

Well i use the adv laser sight on it, but i have tried it with the foregrip and its a lot more controllable in the medium ranges to me. Also you gotta consider its quicker reload time and equip time without the foregrip, so for me its an even stronger close/medium range LMG.
  18. Pivke

to each his own. this is my opinion about the 3 starting LMGs

i mostly play NC heavy. gauss saw, im struggling hard to get those last 150 kills to auraxium medal. cant wait to get it so i can bury this POS gun and never use it again.
    i do have a TR character and for T9 carv i can say: "go close or go home" luckily 90% of all shooting is done at close ranges, so its quite nice gun to have
    started a vanu character just recently. Orion is a blessing send from heaven by vanu Jesus! its just perfect. if i only knew that before, i would follow the will of the vanu...