The LONE WOLF syndrome

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Desann

Oh God here we go with another WoW reference. Ok let me play along here.

You say that one man with an AMS can do everything! Ok, agreed. But lets say you go to a tower, park your little AMS, then start hacking turrets/terminals/ fly planes/ drive tanks. Well assuming your aren't an infiltrator, you would need to deploy your ams, hop out switch classes, run up the tower hack turret one......hack turret 2.....hack turret 3.............hack turret 4............times a ticking buddy....hack turret 5........hack terminals in basement......infantry........vehicle........other vehicle.......ok now lets get those air terminals......ok here we go first terminal...........second.............oh my god enemy saw me AH im dead and he sees my sunderer....oh crap it got C4'd..... well that was fun... OR if you had maybe 5 people you could do all of that at the same time and kill the random guy who may spawn there.

I am not saying YOU CANNOT BE A LONE WOLF. I am saying IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR ARE GETTING YOUR **** PUSHED IN BY 100 ENEMIES, CHANGE IT UP!!!

That's it! all these forum people do is take everything the wrong way and blow stuff out of proportion.

YES YOU CAN PLAY ALONE....YES YOU CAN PLAY IN AN OUTFIT....

If you feel like your ineffective ALONE, join up with something. THAT'S MY POINT

LIKE IT, HATE IT, TROLL IT, WHATEVER. Just trying to help out with some advice for players that may not have found their true calling in Planetside 2 yet!
    • Up x 1
  2. Desann

Mietz are you on server Miller?
  3. Desann

Ok I would like to point this out for everyone's knowledge. And before I do, i do NOT claim to be the BEST player of this game, but I can prove that i am not the WORST. Furthermore, i will show you the stats of those who seem to be in disagreement with my point here. Check it out.

Lets start with the LONE WOLF!!!! MIETZ!

Mietz

Battle Rank: 14
    Server: Miller
    Experience Points: 113980
    Certification Points: 662
    Percent to next Cert: 91%
    Kills: 297
    Assists: 362
    Deaths: 352
    K/D Ratio: 0.84
    K+Assists/D Ratio: 1.87
    Headshots: 26
    Revenge Count: 6
    Vehicles Killed: 91
    Damage Given: 663680
    Damage Taken: 450954
    Most Played: Engineer
    Medals: 12
    Facilities Defended: 44
    Facilities Captured: 67

Impressive K/D ratio bro! 0.84.

Whos next? Flarenza

Flarenza
    Battle Rank: 20
    Server: Mattherson
    Experience Points: 245899
    Certification Points: 1153
    Percent to next Cert: 11%
    Kills: 430
    Assists: 576
    Deaths: 649
    K/D Ratio: 0.66
    K+Assists/D Ratio: 1.55
    Headshots: 26
    Revenge Count: 16
    Vehicles Killed: 191
    Damage Given: 1455841
    Damage Taken: 718264
    Medals: 13
    Facilities Defended: 210
    Facilities Captured: 121

Wow 0.66!!! nice man!

The only one with a decent ratio is Imnuktam check it out!

Imnuktam
    Battle Rank: 8
    Server: Waterson
    Experience Points: 28128
    Certification Points: 454
    Percent to next Cert: 8%
    Kills: 83
    Assists: 62
    Deaths: 34
    K/D Ratio: 2.44
    K+Assists/D Ratio: 4.26
    Headshots: 11
    Revenge Count: 2
    Vehicles Killed: 24
    Damage Given: 162681
    Damage Taken: 91448
    Medals: 4
    Facilities Defended: 31
    Facilities Captured: 13

Nice a 2.44!

Now lets look at mine:

ADawg
    Battle Rank: 20
    Server: Genudine
    Experience Points: 265262
    Certification Points: 1341
    Percent to next Cert: 71%
    Kills: 989
    Assists: 660
    Deaths: 430
    K/D Ratio: 2.3
    K+Assists/D Ratio: 3.83
    Headshots: 99
    Revenge Count: 24
    Vehicles Killed: 328
    Damage Given: 2073385
    Damage Taken: 457942
    Medals: 29
    Facilities Defended: 149
    Facilities Captured: 84

As I said, I am not the BEST, but I do have some good advice to help you kill more than you get killed...Listen to me, or don't. Its not going to change how I play.

heres Tobax:
    Tobax
    Battle Rank: 28
    Server: Miller
    Experience Points: 643032
    Certification Points: 3190
    Percent to next Cert: 3%
    Kills: 1602
    Assists: 1376
    Deaths: 925
    K/D Ratio: 1.73
    K+Assists/D Ratio: 3.22
    Headshots: 178
    Revenge Count: 34
    Vehicles Killed: 144
    Damage Given: 1951113
    Damage Taken: 1197474
    Medals: 33
    Facilities Defended: 450
    Facilities Captured: 74
    Hmm nice stats!
  4. Desann

Lets see here. I will summarize my above post with quotes and K/D ratios from each.

Mietz - K/D ratio: 0.84

Flarenza - K/D ratio: 0.66
    If you are a lone wolf, your getting killed more than you are killing. I am not saying this is bad, but some teamwork oriented gameplay may help you out!

Imnuktam - K/D ratio: an impressive 2.44
    While lone wolf gameplay may work for you, obviously, some players may not experience the same results. Hence I stated they should try to join up with an organized unit, to better their skills.

Myself (ADawg) - K/D ratio: 2.3
    I play both lone wolf and also team oriented styles. Depending on my mood. But when I feel like I am dying too much against a larger force...i try to get something organized to counter, it has helped my stats a lot! I am NOT saying I am better, just trying to help others become more effective Planetside players. My stats can back this argument up, while some individuals stats aren't very impressive. Funny how the ones with low stats argue strongly against me on this point of lone wolf gameplay.

Tobax - K/D ratio: 1.73
    Tobax seems to grasp the concept of team play, and it looks like it is working for him. Notice his 1.73 ratio, meaning he kills more than he gets killed.
    EDIT: I also want to point out that Tobax has 450 base defends and 74 attacks. Hmm, almost like he hangs around for defense and it shows in his stats. Maybe you all should heed his advice as well.

I am not trying to say anyone is better or worse, just proving a point that play style can greatly effect your stats and how well you help your empire. Remember, if your ratio is less than 1, your are giving the enemy more kills than they are giving you ;-).

Class dismissed.
  5. CDN_Wolvie

Heh, dropping ammo packs for my squads' BAMFs and repairing their stuff doesn't improve my K/D, I R Jealous, Desann. :D
  6. Cl1mh4224rd

Ten days ago BuzzCutPsycho, leader of probably the largest outfit on Mattherson, dropped 13 squads on The Crown to defend it from the VS.

This was the result:

[IMG]
  7. Desann

Lol, ok you have a point, BUT the point is that people want to win alone against many. I was simply proving that those of us who embrace teamwork see an improvement in our stats. The lone wolves, bad ones that is, are the ones that we mop up for the nice K/D ratios. They should add a support experience to the stat sheet. I has lots of that too :). But as I'm dropping ammo, I quickly grab my carbine as waste fools!

Take Mietz for example, He said, and I quote:
    Clearly this is not working for him. For if he truly is the AMS class switch badass he claims to be, he can surely do the job of a 5 man squad right? oh wait he dies more than he kills, probably because he gets outgunned EVERYTIME playing ALONE.

ONCE AGAIN back to my POINT: LONE WOLF GAMEPLAY MAY NOT BE EFFECTIVE FOR YOU...IF YOU FEEL INEFFECTIVE JOIN A SQUAD... the stats don't lie man! THEY DON'T LIE!!!!

:p this is funny.
  8. Mietz

Whats your point?
    Besides linking my abandoned Vanu account that is.

Last login: 2012-12-07 03:47 AM
  9. Desann

removed pic due to its size.

So your saying that that was a truly EPIC base defense! So what were all the badass lone wolves doing? either at the crown or hiding in the sanctuary NOT capturing squat....I would have been trying to go east from the TR sanctuary, but then again i don't play TR and i would have probably been in my magrider at the TR sanctuary ;-) silly TR!!
  10. Desann

My "point" is that your lone wolf badass style of play that you so strongly stand by doesn't seem to reflect in your stats. What is your new character name? We can see if maybe you have improved? And don't go looking for some badass name on the stat finder that isn't yours. TSK TSK.

Who knows man, you and I could make a kickass 2 man team together, but your all about that AMS class switch style...seems to be working! ;-)
  11. Shockfrosted

I actually only get a good KDR when I love wolf it.
    When I join a team as a medic, I get shot at a lot.

Though with all said and done, I don't expect to change the war solo. That's what platoons are for.
    • Up x 1
  12. Phrygen

this. Playing in large zerg only benefits the leaders of outfits, or those in the outfit who are best able to take advantage of their team mates and get all the kills.
  13. Mietz

I don't know what you are talking about.
    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the term "Lone Wolf"

Lone Wolf does not equal "better KD/XP", it just means players that do not play in a coordinated team.
    Thats all it means, nothing more, nothing less.
    If I have claimed otherwise, please proceed to quote me.

Instead of arguing against my arguments, you went on a rant about peoples KDs.

Again, what is your point pertaining to what i -actually- wrote.
  14. Phrygen

yea you just want to be banned apparently.
  15. Boris

Yep this is me, most pug squads might as-well not be in it with no co-ordination or teamwork and the last outfit I joined was just as bad.
  16. Phrygen

fixed that for you
  17. bPostal

I'm just gonna laugh at the fact that you think stats really mean **** in this game. Mine's in my sig, go ahead, I give zero *****. KDR is only in the game for the lonewolf's epeen which needs fluffing from time to time.

This is a numbers game, not a tactical game. Most assuredly not a strategic game. Not at the same level Planetside was at. Small squads can do some things but they can't do everything. Try to do a gen hold, see how long that lasts.
  18. Stormlight666

I'm a LONE WOLF most of the time. That choice is usually made since i'm primarily an engineer and am usually stuck back repairing bases and then rejoining a battle afterward so holding up a squad is pointless.

The main issue on lone wolfing is that there is NO INCENTIVE to defend bases and no lattice system, so the need to be part of a platoon (unless you're attacking something important) or outfit isn't in PS2. People just join whatever zerg is running and cap bases if you want to be in a group.
  19. Loegi

Wow, going through that sort of lengths just to publicly shame people who disagree to try and undermine their point. That's up there with the most pathetic things I've ever seen on the internet I think. And no, I don't see how their K/D is relevant in this. You don't need a good K/D to push the enemy back etc.

I also fail to see how you really can "lone wolf" it in this game. Either you're on your own, and against a small group of enemies at best, at which point it isn't a problem. Or your against a large group, at which point you usually have a larger group of friendlies supporting you. If they aren't in your specific squad or platoon or something doesn't matter, they're still helping you. So I don't really see a problem with this.
  20. Metsuro

Libs take 3 players to pilot, and a solo esf dies in few seconds. So either you don't know what your complaining about or just complaining to complain.