The Inquisitor....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonblood, Jan 3, 2014.

1. jiggu

Buffing the damage would just turn it into an Emperor though.
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

wow, a pocket-smg sidearm for TR:eek:

meanwhile, VS doesnt even have a simple burstfire pistol:mad:
  3. jiggu

I have to agree VS has by far the worst pistols in the game. I only use the Commissioner on my VS and I never use the Commissioner on my TR, only Emperor.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dragonblood

yeah, they would have to balance it with the tx2.....maybe give it less accurcary/more recoil than the tx2 but the same damage.
  5. Lancener

Need to get a mod in to answer it fully, I don't think it's allowed to is macros like this though. No multiple functions or the same function repeating, like AD strafing, which I've seen used as an example as a macro you aren't allowed to use.
  6. Dragonblood

well, it makes the inquisitor basically a pocket assault rifle.
  7. Raraldor

No matter what way you look like it, keeping sustained clicking like that is a skill, albeit a useless one in just about every other situation. If you can't do it then don't use the gun, using a macro to simulate a skill is cheating in my book.
  8. Dragonblood

Making a gunfight a highspeed-clicking contest is just bad gamedesign. They should fix it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Raraldor

well by all means they can change how the gun operates, I was just answering the original question to the best of my ability lol.
  10. Dragonblood

uuuhm yeah, you re right......the topic just went into that direction...
  11. Raraldor

Ah, I only read the first few posts xD ah well
  12. Makora

The only weapon I would possibly consider a mouse macro for is the SABR-13. The simple logic being to get the highest RPM out of the damn thing without oversampling. Basic effect is that the TR medic gets a slightly worse version of the NC medic's Gauss Rifle.

No really. Check the stats. If the SABR-13 was full auto, it'd be an almost exact copy of the NC1 Gauss Rifle, with the downsides of almost twice the reload times and slower muzzle velocity and recoil pattern difference. Makes me wish they'd release a "SABR-13 Mk.2" basically a shorter, full auto capable version that in performance is a copy of the Gauss Rifle S
  13. Epic High Five

I've seen people banned for this, so I wouldn't do it and I certainly wouldn't admit to doing it if I were you.

Anyway you shouldn't need to macro to full auto a pistol. The sidearm should be used to finish people off, the huge mag of the Inquisitor is what sets it apart (it's basically a VS/NC semi-auto carbine) and anyway you ALREADY HAVE a nearly full-auto pistol for you default!
  14. Dragonblood

I hardly get banned for using that exploit in the VR. Anyway you have seen people being banned for something like this? How?
  15. Epic High Five

Not going to name names, but there was a VS player who posted on external forums about using a hotkey macro to stay logged in all day at work to collect alert certs (this was back when VS won them all and they were worth the full 25k exp every time) and was banned the next day.

Also, I consider it cheating and I don't think I'm alone here. The argument that the game doesn't explicitly stop it, so it should be allowed, is a deeply flawed one. The same could be used to justify a hack that killed people instantly with a spot.

The pistol has a really fast refire rate a) because it's a 143 damage pistol and b) so you can spam it in CQC without running up on the clicking speed limit and negatively effecting your ROF. Using an external program to click the mouse for you at exactly 56 second intervals isn't really in the spirit of the game. I doubt the Inquisitor was introduced because SOE intended the TR to have a fully functional carbine as a sidearm.
  16. WyrdHarper

The Emperor is the best, especially post nanoweave change. It's a headshot machine, and has great ammo capacity. It also has more "total damage" than the Inquisitor, I believe (bullets/mag * number of mags * damage/bullet) and an absurdly fast reload. If the Inquisitor was auto it might be competitive, but the Emperor already neatly fills the semiauto role very well.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kunavi

I'll still use the Repeater and I still can't see what the Emperor offers. Tried both extensively. Finishing a target? Both excellent. Opening up in extremely CQC? I'll take the Repeater. Inquisitor? Nah, I don't like that I have to macro it. The SABR is in a lot better position by the way, no need to macro that. I use it quite often and it rules, surprisingly convenient. Planning to run it over running with the TRV.

If you need a mag the size of the Inquisitor's one just to wrap up an encounter you've practically already won, you need to improve your aim. By a lot.

I'll wait for the fabled next generation of pistols.
  18. Dragonblood

Actually a HA with full hp and activated overshield is hard to kill with the tx1.
  19. jiggu

As Wyrd said, it's a mean headshotting machine. Accuracy is godlike, damage is good and it's fast as hell. Also fast reload. I originally preferred the Commissioner over it but I quickly found out how god awful that gun is at range. There is also something wrong with the ironsight, I just cannot hit with it. No matter how long I take to line up shots and even trying to hit at range it just doesn't work. But the Emperor saves my *** every day at any range.
  20. Zombekas

You're asking the wrong question... The right question is "Is it fun enough to risk my account for it?" In my book it would probably be no, but hey, that thingamajig macro'ed to full auto can turn out to be the greatest thing ever! Your choice! :)