The HA Rocket launcher needs to be nerfed against infantry.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Blackiechan, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Blackiechan

Every battle that i have been in so far has consisted of the same thing. Stuck at a door way with 100 other players. and 20 or so rocket launcher on the other side of the door. rocket launcher make it way to easy to take out infantry. Heavy assault classes can just stand on an ammo pack and spam rockets at a door. please do something about this.
    • Up x 1
  2. Perls

I was picking sniper's with the AA one standing on an ammo pack.

Hilarious all around. I don't agree or disagree with your logic, but it's really fun lol.
    • Up x 1
  3. Blackiechan

^^ perfect example lol
  4. Tipsy McStagger

I've had a different experience. I can get a direct hit with the VS launcher on another race and while it may do some damage, they are more than capable of surviving a single shot.

That said, I can see how 20 rockets would cause an issue but I have to imagine that if you and 99 other expats are trying to swarm out of the same room and are that well controlled, you may want to pick a different spawn point and consider that current base a lossed cause.

No need to start "balancing" weapons when the real issue is people not knowing when to move on.
  5. Blackiechan

I have survived shots from a rocket launcher, but that's due to the fact that i was standing behind an object, and they hit the object in front of me.

I'm not talking from a defensive stand point. when i am with a group of people and we are assaulting a tech lab. Usually the 2 doors with a the teleporter by it. I can be away from the door with full health then just die. The killer being shown as a heavy with a rocket launcher. I just think that it should simply have a reduction in its blast radius. After all rocket launchers are meant to take out tanks not infantry.

I do agree that balancing is not their issue as of right now but when they do go ahead and start balancing weapons and factions. That this will be something that is changed.
  6. Corsix

Is it any different than tanks or gunships or snipers camping the same door? Or a row of engineer turrets? Rockets kill any infantry class on a direct hit only (unless using flakk armor) Ammo packs make it nice but sniping HA's with rockets is loads of fun.
  7. evansra

i have a question regarding this and a sujestion depending on the answer :p

Do all rocket launchers eg: standard/AA/AV do the same amount of damage to all targets?

If they do i think the AA and AV ones should be made to only kill infantry on a direct hit where as the standard version keeps the blast radius, i think this will help keep the sidegrade idea alive :)
  8. Blackiechan

Snipers are meant to take out infantry. i would consider the liberator (Zepher Primary) and artillery piece, also meant to take out infantry. Rocket launchers are meant to take out tanks not infantry.

Evansra, i do not know the answer to that question.

Granted, if there is a direct hit with a rocket launcher, yes it should kill with one shot. I just think the blast radius should be smaller. with more damage done on hits. AKA side grade.
  9. Vircomore

The AA and AV rocket launchers do 25% less damage than the standard launcher against all targets - because they can lock-on where the standard one can't.
  10. strychzilla

The blast radius is already pretty small. Honestly, the rocket launcher isn't the problem. The only time I use it to kill infantry is when I wiped out 4-5 people already and don't have time to reload. If you're getting spawn camped it's time to move on. You can do the same thing with Engineers and HA's using an LMG.
  11. Perls

Oh, I only instagib with a direct hit from what I've noticed, which is why it's so hilarious. AA rockets travel much faster than the other two with much less drop off, so it's effective at times. I don't feel bad about it, simply due to all the things that one shot me (air, tanks, grenades, snipers, ponies, blades of grass, those crazy butterflies on Amerish), why shouldn't my minigun wielding heavy have the ability to one shot from range in perfect conditions (it's not like it's a gimme when firing a rocket across the map at someone).
  12. evansra

good to know, thank you :) guess i will keep the standard one on one loadout then for close range fighting.
  13. Taj474

Nerf? They are almost useless againts infantry if i don't do a direct hit! + the blast radius is ridiculously small
  14. Scorponok

yup...grenades rocket launchers...missiles tank shells should not kill infantry in a hit...its not logical...
  15. ozziewolf

Go out the door they're not all shooting in. (There is almost always one door that is being ignored with major bases.) Then circle around and throw your grenade, C4, Bullets whatever and get a few free kills. Admittedly this is easier as Light Assault. I often times get 10+ kills by doing this. In a few situations I single handedly cleared the entire enemy force from the back doors of a Tech Plant and allowed my team to come pouring out and push the enemy even further back. Granted that's not how it usually goes but I almost always kill multiple targets before I'm taken out.
    If it's one HA guy in most situations I'm able to side step as he fires and then shoot the HA as an easy kill because he'll die before he can reload/switch weapons. Since Tech Test I can count on one hand the number of times I've been killed by a rocket from a Heavy Assault player.
  16. absolofdoom

It has to be a direct hit, and even the aa launcher still has slow-*** travel compared to a gun. You might as well be complaining about snipers or something since they can do the same thing better. Or just nades since those do kill with splash.
  17. Corsix

Its pretty small with the AA rocket, i know sometimes i can shoot into a group of enemies and if it doesnt directly hit someone, it wont hurt anyone. Plus this is much less of an issue when infantry are working in conjunction with tanks and air, less likely to spend a rocket on you when theirs tanks and gunships nearby.
  18. donvincenzoo

useless AA i think ... need 3 or 4 shot to detroy air .. and useless against infantery ... no way to continue this post.
  19. Corsix

It 1 shots infantry and since its the fastest rocket, its the best against them. Even if you dont kill air you make them run/panic, still helping the team. Good against vehicles too because again it shoots much faster.
  20. SixVoltSamurai

Then it's not a direct hit, all launchers are 1 hit kills on direct contact.

As far as nerfing them, no. There's no need, the splash damage is pitiful for a rocket as it is. If you get rocketed in the face, learn not to charge through doors with HA's standing on ammo packs with their launchers out. Any infantry can stand on an ammo pack and rain suppression fire, rockets actually require direct hits to be threatening. I mean, what's next, grenade damage and splash? Let's just nerf all explosives entirely so everyone has to get direct hits with indrect hit design ammunition, that'll make it better.