[Guide] The Guide to the Combat Medic and the Engineer Classes in Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Furrydaus, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Santondouah

You know that you can always drop the ammo pack, even though you carry C4/AV mines right ? Just take your turret and press de "fire mode" key, default is "B" -> ammo pack ;)

This should be part of your guide IMO ;)

(I did not get through the whole guide so apologies if you've written it somewhere else).
  2. Furrydaus

Hahaha I've been constantly reading the forums for like 2-3hours everyday and I indeed have read that amazing guide by Iridar. It was my inspiration for the creation of this guide. Ill create an updated one after a week or two with almost the same structure that Iridar has used in his guide. (PS: The link for his guide has been placed in the guide since its publishing. Look at the bottom of the useful links [chapter 6] and you'll see a highlighted link to his amazing guide! ;P )
  3. Furrydaus

Sorry that it was too long for you but thanks for trying! I've covered that in the tips and tricks from planetside 2 community section in the engineer side of the guide. Most (or all) should have been covered by my reading of the forums and the thread I created yesterday to get the community to suggest tips to newbies. ;)
  4. Flapatax

In the guide proper, you don't mention the H-V45, the TAR, or the Carnage (though you do mention the GR-22). Not to be mean, but that's fairly discrediting.

Top priority is killing people. If you revive someone into bullets, you are literally useless. When you've cleared an area or you and the corpse are behind cover, then have at it. You have the best guns in the game, don't forget about them.

Finally, the guide to medic should really be: get rez grenades, go to biozerg, enjoy broken revive mechanics and unlimited certs.
  5. Furrydaus

I'm sorry to hear that :(
    As I have mentioned, some parts of the guide is made or adapted from other players and I generally don't look into them (my mistake). An updated one will be a confirmed release. Please take the guide as 'beta'. Apologize again for the biasness :(
  6. Furrydaus

Bumping for the European and American users of Forum side to view the post. If you have seen it, I apologize for bumping this.
  7. Furrydaus

Thanks! Wrel does convey messages in a very simple manner making it easier for his viewers to actually understand. A great YouTuber! ;)
  8. FocusLight

You know, if I had known you would simply quote my writer-up as-is and name-dump me on it, I would have gone over and double-checked everything, *** opposed to running advice off memory. As a consequence the section I provided is not complete and I know at this point I got at least one thing wrong.

In other words, I will have to go make it again, this time double-checking my facts.

Also I will have to second your work here, getting this mess cleaned up and formatted better would help out greatly.
  9. Nintyuk

This is a great Post, I suppose I would be described as a Sapper engy but really I'm so dedicated to the class I end up fufilling all three roles depending on the situation.
    A great weapon for engineers that is unconsidered most of the time is a Semi-Auto Shotgun with slugs. Combine it with a 3.4 scope and either Laser-Sight for the 8 round version or extended mags for the fast reload accurate version. It becomes a great all round support weapon That's like a better Battle Rifle while not restricting you in close quarters.
    Why do I say it's a engy weapon? Mainly because it chews through ammo like nobody's business and having your own supply lets you counter snipe snipers and pick off perched LA's without having to worry about range finding shots.
  10. Furrydaus

Sorry for the inconvenience FocusLight. I will be creating an updated version of thus guide and I'll make sure there aren't as much errors as this one. A I said try to think of it as a beta. I'll be reformatting everything. I'm currently looking at the flaws of content I created and it seems they are quite a number that needs to be addressed. I will be prioritizing the update of the guide before start on other guides. Thank you for your opinion and insight for the content made available in this guide. :)
  11. Nintyuk

I recommend Making a google doc Version you can keep updated and Link that at the top of the first post as well as the version of the guide posted on the forums as forum posts have a 30min window on being edited.
  12. Furrydaus

Its great that you have seen what kind of an engineer you are (The effective ones ;) ) Your insight on the shotgun would be looked upon on the newer version of the guide which should come out by this week.
  13. Furrydaus

Thanks for the suggestion! It seems as a great option in showing the different guides available. Maybe a whole guide to Planetside 2 infantry! (Wild ideas flowing through my mind but still need to focus on this guide as its a higher priority then my other guides
  14. ZillFattak

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I think a good recommendation would be to tell people to leave the frontline fights to HAs. If you aren't reviving, imo, your place is in the mid-/backline. Dead medic can't rezz and all that.

Also, you don't have to apologize, you put a lot of work into this guide. It isn't perfect, but as you said, it's a work in progress.

I disagree with you on the topic of smgs; I think the only class that should use them is the infiltrator. Their range is just too limited for them to be useful in more than cqc. And even there, running a (can't believe I am saying this :confused: ) shotgun would always be the better option. You can argue about the PDW's longer effective range, but it comes with increased ttk in cqc.
  15. Furrydaus

I'm a person who feels the need to apologize for things as small as this as the first thing of being in a forum is to be good natured even if the post I created is in a work in progress state. Thanks for your opinion on SMGs and Shotguns. Ill take not of it! ;) Thank you for aknowledging my hard work in this guide. its highly appreciated. :D
  16. Fuers

+1 for the guide but i still think that a smg on a medic its better then an assault rifle. always fighting in close range coz ur healing ppl. it rarely happen that u will fight long range and if it happens it means that ur not doing ur job properly or u went rambo style which (lets face it) we all did it a few times even if we play medics ;)

on the other hand. cert both c4 as soon as possible. U never know when a max will walk into a room of deadly friendlies and ur the only one left. Sneak behind him or drop the brick of c4 and detonate it. ( 1 c4 can kill a max if u do it right).
  17. Furrydaus

Thks for your opinion of a possible loadout for a medic. Ill be looking through the comments as usual and inprove my guide. :)
  18. Ceskaz

This post should be sticked.
    Bump
  19. Furrydaus

I am sorry but this is not a completed guide. A refined one is in the works right now after I'm typing this. If you are inpressed by this, you'll be more impressed with the refined one. While waiting for my guide to be released, how about checking out Iridars Comprehensive guide to light assault. The link is in the useful links page. Cheers! ;)
  20. Ceskaz

Oh, I've read (partially) Iridar's guide. This one is a bit "fuzzy", but it's quite a source of information, so I called for a stick. But if your preparing something better, well wait for this one then.