the decimator demonstration vid and debate stuff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zeta3901, Dec 13, 2012.

1. zeta3901

i thought we might as well get the debate started ASAP

credit to TimeLincolnHD
    • Up x 2
  2. zeta3901

for the vid that is
  3. lexstardust

Want to know what the Decimator is? It's a waste of 7 dollars. No thanks I'll get my self a double cheese burger with fries and a drink instead.
    • Up x 2
  4. zeta3901

unfortunatley i think you are right
    i really hope they´ll add a tweak or two
  5. Terminatusomega

looks like its a waste of moneh, besides HA should be operating in groups. I think SOE is being greedy due to the success at launch.
  6. zeta3901

wich is why i made this thread, partially a buyers beware, partially because some SOE guy might read it, wich hopefully means that it will get tweaked
  7. Miniman

Shame. I think if they put the damage up 20% or so and cut the rocket speed by half, it'll be enough fun to buy
  8. OmNomNom

Unfortunately, it was pretty clear that this would happen.
    I mean, most of the weapons you can buy are not really that much better than the standard weapons, nor do they look much different in most cases.

I made the mistake to buy the AA rocket launcher. A VS pilot can aviod the rockets by just pressing Ctrl to sink down and then Space to rise. The rocket will miss on medium distances. On far range they can just fly away and the missile will explode before reaching them.
    And if I use the launcher at a distance where they can't escape, I am also in range of their rocket pods. One volley of a rocket pod is enough to kill me twice. While I have to shoot several rockets to wipe them off the sky.

The reduced lock-on time advertised by the patch....I can't see a difference. Decreased reload time....also can't see a difference, not sure though.
    Or is the patch not on EU servers already? I downloaded a patch, but maybe it wasn't activated? I don't know. I just regret spending money on the rocket launcher. Should've bought some more armor styles instead. Silly me.

And I just realise that this is much offtopic. Sorry for that. But since I've written it already, I'll just post it anyway :D
  9. Valeriu

well, that weapon is ironically named.
    • Up x 1
  10. Over00

Is it just me, or was anyone else expecting a launcher with a ton of bullet drop? Seems have less bullet drop than the AA launcher now after the update.
  11. ERICH

Meh :( I was expecting more out of this gun. Too bad i bought it. I havent recived it yet though because of them bugz. GG SOE xDDDDDDDD

Its like the standard dumbfire rocketlauncher but with less ammo and ~5% more damage? Thats not a difference worth having/pay for.
  12. Akaraut

It's my understanding that the decimator can do more or less similar damage to the default launcher in four rockets rather than five. That makes damage in the short term greater, but more painful if you miss with a rocket.

Not got numbers or a vid, so correct me if i'm wrong.
    • Up x 1
  13. FightingFirst

Its a team game, one man with a rocket launcher is not meant to decimate a tank. I think it is fine where it is. A group running with the decimator would be threatening.
    FF
    • Up x 1
  14. zeta3901

yeah i suppose so
    while that isn´t bad or anything i had hoped we would recieve a more distinct weapon
    as of right now i dont think its worth buying, and especially not for 7 dollars :(

anyway i really hoped you guys could come with some suggestions or something, it just seems a little better to tell SOE how to fix a weapon then just telling them that it sucks. ba bla bla insert more boring constructive stuff here
  15. RedCat

Well I just bought the NS decimator, really a waste of money, it's only 7 dollars but still. I had hoped for something like: you only get one rocket but it does A LOT of damage, and resupplying at a ammo pack would be super slow.
  16. Mietz

Why not make the decimator a MIRV?

Would it be more effective? No. But it sure as hell would look cooler.

17. Ranik

The default HA - AV is capable of wrecking an MBT with anywhere from 2-6 shots (back / side / front)

The decimator while not really very impressive in any regard seems to me more like a sunderer buster / courtyard clearer.

AKA more damage in a shorter span of time against a slow moving or immobile target.

TL;DR While it is not terribly impressive compared to the default AV. Any stronger and it'd probably be pretty unbalanced. You'd be able to easily burn down sunderers or any tank in a courtyard solo.
  18. Baleur

Indeed, it's 1 shot less on rear armor, what the heck else do people want? 1 shot kill?

It's so funny. People are like "Meh it is mediocre, not worth the bother, soe are greedy"
    But if the Decimator was better they would be like "omg pay to win, it is op, soe are greedy they wanna force us to buy it to be competative"

Make up your minds, people. What do you want?
    • Up x 1
  19. Dever

What he said.
  20. AshOck

They should give it the secondary camera mode the ps1 decimator had.