[BUG] The biggest ****up in MMOFPS history.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saaby, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Negator

I and my outfit played with minimal issue all saturday. You folks need to lighten up
  2. Linedan

The initial release of WWII Online? That was pretty bad, but it was also like 11 years ago so people forget just how pear-shaped it went. The game never really recovered from it.
  3. Bilc0

Yea it sucks but updating the amount of code they did in such a short amount of time is incredibly hard to have it all bug free. It's not one person working on the code its a team each submitting their own work and keeping track of all of it and integrating it hitch free is nearly impossible.

If you think you can do a better job throw in an application and if you are qualified I'm sure they would be more than happy to add you to their team so they can up the quality of their patches.

If not just take a breather from the game for a bit and do something else. They know they fubared this one, that's why they pulled their team to work through superbowl Sunday, and don't need to be hearing their mistakes echoed every other post on the forums.
  4. Adridos

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/30/planetside-the-1-2/

Kinda the reason I still hold respect for TR warriors.
  5. DoctorWhose

Shhhshs thats not how it works.

You are supposed to rage at SOE like there is no tomorrow (litteraly) and ditch the game right now.
  6. ThatsnomoonPK

I'm pretty sure nobody with any sense would complain if they delayed the patch a bit to properly test it. Then delayed another couple of days because they saw the fix for breaking magriders seemed to break loads of other stuff. Maybe another day or two to test the hotfix to fix that hotfix.

Love that the devs have brought Planetside back to life but would rather they didn't repeat every mistake the original team made with their shoddy patching. And let's not forget these guys are paid a fair wage for working their long hours, it's not charity work as some of you might want to believe. They **** it up by releasing a broken patch at the weekend then it's fair that they work that weekend to fix it. What's wrong with a Monday release?
    • Up x 1
  7. velourfog

Lol hardly, SOE already got that award for BFRs in PS1.
  8. Sebastien

Because they have Spreadsheets
  9. Sobic

No it's because you actually have to have a mental pair to achieve anything worthwhile in EVE. In the dark ages of some of CCP's better horror patches. Stuff like what PS2 players complain about are comical. So what if your tank shoots blanks, you don't build it with your own time. Try having a bug, doom months of planning and hard work.

Just about every other MMO in existance(Including PS2) are kiddie wonderlands of butt powdering instant gratification.
  10. Sebastien

yes
  11. BarxBaron

As much as your and others' unholy hatred of those were..........they are nothing compared to 2/3 of the facs main tanks not working.

BFRs would of been ok if balanced correctly but we know SOE's track record on balance...
  12. MajorHertz

If you would like to vent, then make it productive. The REAL problem here is that minimal (if any) testing is being done. SOE is being responsive to some of the items the community is calling for, BUT they are not using standard development protocols. I would much rather wait 2 weeks for a patch and have it work, than get it now and spend the next 2 weeks cursing at my screen when things are broken that used to work.
  13. BlueSkies

LOL... a bug that is getting fixed tonight:

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/298165258843996160

versus a vehicle that destroyed the population of PS1
  14. Ssential

Boohooo, I can't play the game for ~ 2 days, boohoo. Why don't you guys just play another game until this is fixed? (which it is now it seems). There's no reason to get upset. And it's definitely not the biggest ****up since whatever. This will be forgotten in 1 or 2 weeks by 99% of the PS2 population.
  15. Metalsheep

SOE tested BFRs on the test server for less than 1 day before releasing them... The same thing seems to have happened with this patch.

They have learned nothing.
  16. fastdak255

both also by SoE

2: SWG's NGE patch
    3: (before #2) SWG's CU patch
  17. Iksniljiksul

LOL. While this patch is pretty bad in a big way, um NO. New Game Engine. NGE. Do you know what that is?

Lets say every character you have is deleted without remorse and you are forced to be something you never wanted to play and the game is suddenly a simplistic piece of utter trash when the day before it was one of the more complex and entertaining games on the market.

NGE was the worst thing in game history hands down.
  18. EWarren

This is not too bad... Anarchy Online is worse
    • Up x 1
  19. Roxputin

20. THUGGERNAUT

once upon a time, a game called anarchy online launched. the problems with this game don't even come close.