[BUG] The biggest ****up in MMOFPS history.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saaby, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Saaby

You do a patch that leaves 2 out of 3 factions tanks worthless. Meaning they cant shoot anything. Then you leave 1 faction with they're tank intact, and the ONLY one working. Then you dont correct the error, you have it going ALL day. So basically 1 faction will dominate the other 2 faction grossly. How the hell do you explain that sort of ****up, and then the following slack? Really guys? You send out **** like that and go home padding yourself on the back taking sunday off?
    • Up x 4
  2. Cookiepiledriver

Never mind, my dyslexia read MMO and not MMOFPS. You're absolutely right.
    • Up x 1
  3. Valkar

I would love to agree with you but sadly the standard of work so far has been poor and every patch has been pretty bad. So whilst on the grand scheme of things the game is not as bad as some of the worst ones out there, its certainly closing the gap at a shocking rate.
  4. TotalNoob

I'd also refer you to the Hakkar corrupted blood incident. But that was funny. This is bent.
    • Up x 2
  5. DoctorWhose

Well tbh its Sunday. It was obvious they wouldnt work today.

Morale of story: Never patch on weekends Never trust SOE with anything.
    • Up x 8
  6. Cookiepiledriver

No, really. I've played almost everything since UO. There have really been some terrible games released in the past 10+ years.

If you were there at the release of Age of Conan, you'd agree. Most of my guild had quit, along with the other 90% of the 900k+ players due to performance issues (PS2 could sadly only dream of those numbers now) due to how bad performance was.

Now, 5+ years later, they've finally optimized it... shame nobody plays it anymore, because of how many good games out there like GW2 etc.

I think this one is headed down a similar path.
  7. Hoki

EvE online deleted it's customer's boot.ini file, making them unable to boot their computers.
    • Up x 8
  8. BlueSkies

You clearly weren't around when BFRs (mechs) were introduced to PS1
    • Up x 1
  9. Nonsensei436

That's hilarious.
  10. Nathaniak

Ha! And you think you have problems!
  11. drNovikov

They should make a weekend without magriders. And make Saron a primary gun.
    • Up x 1
  12. Terrex

This patch was worthless. It will tide and make the lemmings happy but really I can't see much on it that actually improved or made it more balanced and fun. Maybe on the higher pop servers but who cares about the low empty servers, right? No merge yet? Great, glad you care about your players.
  13. Uben Qui

Just out of curiosity what got the number two and three slots in the biggest MMOFPS mistakes of all time?
  14. Jadith

Why do EVE players have to try and one-up EVERYBODY about EVERYTHING. XD
    • Up x 3
  15. Achmed20

this must be your first mmo ^^
  16. FoolishLobster

You're an idiot, because you demand everything to be fixed in two minutes. SOE are not gods, and cannot wave a magic wand to fix every bug immediately. Employees that work at SOE have lives too, and actually just finished staying up very late to get the 4gb patch to you, which no doubt people like you were unceasingly crying about.

-Patch comes out too early = crying patch wasn't ready
    -Patch comes out after delay = crying SOE incompetent
    -There is bugs in new patch = crying SOE is worst gaming company ever because you can't pilot a virtual tank for a day or two
    -Generally any patch comes out = crying TR Weak. crying VS weak. crying NC weak.
    -SOE hosts an event = crying SOE is ruining PS2 (??)

Why don't you examine yourself before posting. Ask yourself the question "Am I just complaining for the sake of complaining?"
    How would you like to work 10-12 hours per day all week, then called in on the weekend too just because a legion of 18 year olds sitting in mommys basement cry their baby tears because they can't shoot Mr tank?
    • Up x 4
  17. Shinikaze

I also wondered why SOE would patch this game on saturday... What were they thinking? "Ah, it's weekend, noone plays on weekends, right? Let's pull out this 4GB patch, and hope they come back later next week, then we can have a look at how things were going.."
    Do they even have a test-server? I'd guess those frakk-bugs for the turrets would be pretty obvious if tested. "Nah, let's test it on the live-servers! There's no better feedback than from live-players"

SOE WHY YOU SO MAD ;(
  18. Duff_Chimp

Dude, this patch has rendered the game virtually unplayable for a large portion of the playerbase. They should of delayed the patch further and they certainly shouldn't of allowed this build to reach the live servers. Even a trained monkey would spot the huge and glaring mistakes that it came out with.

The fact is the community is partly responsible for wanting them to get the patch on the 30th, like they promised. I know that game programming and especially one as complex as a MMO delays are mostly inevitable. The fact is the hotfix was pushed to make the patch work before the weekend, they didn't check to see if it actually worked... it clearly is FUBAR.

The hotfix has actually made things ten times worse for everyone concerned. It is clear that wether or not you are a lobster, you certainly are foolish. Read what people are saying and don't jump to conclusion this was one of those nerf/buff QQ type threads. The game is GENUINELY broken...
    • Up x 2
  19. Talizzar

The obvious oversights in the patch is astounding. A real embarrassment to the game and SOE.
  20. Keiichi25

The first part of the patch just caused some performance issues. The hotfix, however partially fixed the performance issues, but also inadvertently broke a few other things, namely most of the turret based primary weapons with the exception of the Mana Turret.