The Best Moment In PS2 Ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheStonehawk, Mar 24, 2014.

1. TheStonehawk

I just had that a few hours ago. I play on Mattherson as an NC and we were getting absolutely wrecked at Amerish. Our base was about half capped and though we were putting up a fight, we weren't really doing much but just annoying the TR. Point A was capped by us but B and C were surrounded by MAXes and we couldn't push out far enough to do much.
    My squad and I had pretty much given up hope. We just were vainly trying to do some damage and maybe bag a few kills before the base was flipped. I had just been lit up bad and I'm crouched by a tree trying to recoup my shields, watching allies all around me get tagged and drop. My squad can't reach me, they just look at me helplessly from the ridge that they are peeking over.
    My RL buddy in my squad turns to me and says "well I guess thats it. We've lost the base. Might as well cut our losses and run. Want to tell the guys?"
    I sigh "yes...I suppose we'll find another fight elsewhere that we can actually win"

When suddenly I hear guitars as if my very words summoned them.
    and then I hear it.

*Nah nah nah nah naaaaah*
    *THUNDER*
    *THUNDER*
    *THUNDER*

Not one, not two, but four liberators and three galaxies fly low overhead and tear everything apart and start dropping troops.

All of them broadcasting "Thunderstruck" By AC/DC in proximity chat, in sync.

It was one of the greatest moments in gaming I've ever had. Everyone started cheering and laughing all at once. I can't even begin to describe the sensation of triumphant victory I could feel when they came down guns blazing. I wish I could get my video recording working on PS2 so I could have recorded it.

So whatever outfit put together that rescue at about 10-11ish during the alert, my hat is off to you good sirs. That was one of the most amazing base rescues ever and reaffirmed my love for this game instantly. Its moments like that, that I live for.

Anyone else have a video of some kind of awesome moment in PS2? (or better yet, THAT moment) because I would like to see them if you do!
    • Up x 15
  2. Tommyp2006

See, as much as big outfits get complained about, no small one squad outfit could do something like that. Sounds pretty cool, I always love when people use prox chat for cool stuff like that.
    • Up x 4
  3. TheStonehawk

Oh absolutely. Its annoying if someone plays something not situationally correct (like if he had come in playing skrillex for example, it wouldn't have had the same impact and effect) but that was the perfect song for the perfect moment.
    • Up x 1
  4. Devrailis

I've seen too many awesome moments in Planetside to list, and I doubt I could do them any justice, so I won't.

But if this was your first epic Planetside moment, then...

Welcome to Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheStonehawk

Not my first. But certainly one of the best.
    My first was when my outfit stormed the TR and pushed them all the way to WG on briggs.
    I think lockout was active then. Ah those were the days...
  6. Bankrotas

You dramamathersson players are funny. Some time this month I charged with TR lot to Biolabs gen room under CCCP's national anthem with BWC and 903rd, was quite funny.
    • Up x 3
  7. Alarox

My best moment:

[IMG]

Shooting down a Liberator with a tank? Awesome.
    Shooting down a Liberator with a tank, which was manned by two BR100s? Epic.
    Shooting down a Liberator with a tank, which was manned by two BR100s, one of which was your rival in the air? Priceless.

Doing this as your BR100 kill? The best moment in PS2 ever.

It is as if the stars aligned just for this moment. I love this game.
    • Up x 7
  8. Tuco

Platoons actually attacking the enemy, you are one fortunate player to see such a rare event.
    • Up x 2
  9. DeadAlive99

That sounds awesome! Hope somebody got it all on video.
  10. 666IsBehindYou

DAMN! I wish I had seen that! When was this? :D
    I wonder which outfit this was? Did you catch any of the names?
    But that sounds pretty goddamn AMAZING!
  11. EliteEskimo

The best moment I can think off hand was at Dahaka Amp Station. Myself and a random pub gunner had been gunning down vehicles and infantry around the base. If I recall correctly we had just been fighting infantry and other tanks coming from the southern outpost at the time , it was crucial to get back inside the courtyard to repair my Prowler since it had taken damage, and repairing outside the base I deemed to be too risky.

As I drove along the western wall's road as fast as possible, in attempt to get back in the courtyard before my tank blew up, I noticed up the road and against the wall is a deployed AMS Sunderer with infantry around it. What happened next was an truly epic moment. The road happened to be flat enough that it allowed both myself and my Halberd Gunner to make multiple consecutive hits on the Sunderer while going at a fast speed in what amounted to an epic Main Battle Tank drive-by pass gun down on the Sunderer (and the unfortunate infantry that were around it). The end result was blowing up the Sunderer in an epic explosion , likely leaving whoever was left in the smoking rubble wondering what the heck just happened, and then making a tight turn around the corner of the wall into the courtyard to safely repair.:cool:
    [IMG]

It was a short but epic moment, and it's moments like that that make me love tanking in PS2. (That and make me wish that tank turret stabilization existed in first person so moments like that could happen more often:D)
    • Up x 2
  12. NovaAustralis

*jaw to the floor*
    That's... that's amazing! Just wow!
    :eek:
  13. Lockerius

"You dramamathersson players are funny. Some time this month I charged with TR lot to Biolabs gen room under CCCP's national anthem with BWC and 903rd, was quite funny. "

-----

That was Czerny. He's not officially in VG, but he runs with us all the time, and his timing and choices for music are EPIC.
  14. TheStonehawk

Lol. That sounds like a guy I'd like! I love it when people do stuff like that. It really brings out the heat of the moment playing infantry when some awesome tunes start playing.