[THANKS] For the Double XP week!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sulsa, May 23, 2016.

1. Sulsa

Emerald was ON FIRE for a week! It was absolutely glorious.
    I hope it succeeded in getting some new blood into the game because it was a fantastic time.

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  2. Kristan

Farmed for Gorgons and lot of other unnecessary stuff! Shooting down an ESF sometimes led to 8k of exp. :eek:
  3. bmac417(TasteOfLead)

I miss it already.

:(

4. MurgNC

Man I had so much fun!

Certs galore, and I even got a bounty placed on me!

I like all these recent updates. They are taking the game in the right direction.
  5. EPIC389

Deploy a Sundy

Rez Grenades.

Profit
  6. PzGr

for new player with stock everything? even with double xp it took forever and it still took hours to grind enough certs for 1 gun.
  7. Moridin6

but did you jump in someones fully certed ______ ?
  8. PzGr

Gatekeeper is awesome. But that's one of the rare time when you find a good fight, good driver, and his gunner spot is empty. For some good certs here and there, through some saving, I managed to mostly kitout my own prowler. But it is still took long time. Looking at the guns, I am thinking of picking up the Jaguar or TAR. But that's 650 + accessories. It require over 150k exp to just get the gun. Maaan.
  9. Moz

-.-
  10. Raap

I think they are breaking their own game with these double experience weekends/weeks. Don't get me wrong, I like them as a player, but I can't help but wonder that, from a business perspective, surely these cannot work? If it becomes too easy to max things out, then people will be less inclined to purchase DBC and buy things directly.

Granted, I suppose there is a flip side, since a double experience bonus does go nicely with membership and booster stacking... Which I personally did this week, for the times I could play. I typically gained 500 certs per hour this week with casually playing by being a member and using one 50% booster.

I'm struggling to not hit the cert cap and find myself unlocking things I don't even use... I got a maxed out ANT and never even used one, ever. :eek:

Edit: As for new players... Being a (engineer-) gunner on a maxed anything is solid advice. Just learn to focus on the same target as your driver (in case of MBT's).
  11. stalkish

If you'll allow me; as a new player your priority shouldnt be guns, the guns new players get in PS2 are more than adequate. My highest scoring gun is the default carbine given to NC, the Mercenary, i find it by far the easiest to kill with (out of the NC carbines [which in themselves are very good weapons]) at almost all ranges.
    What i would prioritise is my weapon attachments and infantry slots:
    • Scopes, barrel attachments, ext. mags etc..
    • Class abilities - Jetpak, shield, medic aura, cloak, shield (whatever your chosen class)
    • Suit - nanoweave / flak / grenade bandolier etc..
    • Special grenades (EMP is awesome on infil)
    • Utilities - Med packs / c4 / motion spotters etc..
    • Tools - Repair gun, heal gun etc.
    And thats not mentioning vehicles and constructables, which are well worth it for fun aspect.

Spending 1000 certs on a new weapon that probably has a more niche role than that of a starter weapon imo is a bad idea for a new player. Like i said earlier, unlockable weapons are not any better than starter weapons, try to ignore the word starter, they are formidable weapons that net great results in most situations.
    • Up x 2
  12. PzGr

Thanks for the info.what you described is roughly what I did. I spent most of my double XP in my prowler, which now I consider to be pretty up to par and fun.. But that was almost 4k certs.. (Ap gun + scope + ammo, gate keeper plus it's accessories, max lock down chassis and side armor) and the only weapon I bought so far is the bolt sniper rifle. M77 or smt, plus straight pull and scope (which still hit me for ~500 certs to replace the default, completely unusable rifle)... So I could do anything at all when not in a tank.

I noticed to be "useable", you had to sink thousand of certs into a role. Even for job like ammo resupplying, repair sundy, others with higher rank repairs override yours and effective shutting down your income stream even if they aren't deployed. A full kit repair sundy is what? 1800 certs? A full eng ammo pack? Similar? Which really makes me wonder if spending thousands of certs getting a single class is a good idea? I didn't even max my repair gun despite how much I use it because from the stat sheet, doesn't seem to worth a thousand cert for like 15% improvement.

Tanks that back away and repaired offer 0 exp. Unlike hitting planes that offer " surfaces to air damage" token. Friendly resupply that out ranks you (probably exactly due to the fact that they ate floating in certs) takes the ability of you (who really really need certs) to earn certs. And am I crazy, to think, that if I am to blow thousands of certs on something, better be something that I can actually shoot and fight in, than an ammo bot? I understand the "investment" point of view of ammo bot. But am I crazy to think, that sitting there botting a repair Sundy waiting for your return on investment isn't exactly a fun way to play?
  13. Pelojian

It is a good idea to cert into medic or engineer starting out, medical applicator, rep tool and ammo packs cna bring in a lot of xp that you can use to get better suit slots for those classes so you do better in combat, once you've spent a bit you can gear up other classes too.
  14. DeadAlive99

I cleaned up, can't wait for the next one!
  15. PzGr

Are you certain that eng ammo resupply Exp, at 11 exp per tick, is a viable way to grind exp??
  16. Pelojian

rep tool first then ammo pack, ammo packs get wider radius per upgrade and the highest ammo pack has priority and when maxxed you can place two ammo packs.

maxxed rep tool can disarm mines giving you 100xp or so per disarm.
  17. IcEzEbRa

18. stalkish

Prowlers are great.
    Feel your pain on the ammo packs things, i never understood why higher levels overwrite lower ones, should both give ammo and both give xp.
    Didnt know sundies worked in the same way, not experienced this myself, but mine have been max as long as i can remember so...

If a tank has taken damage from the enemy, you will indeed get XP for repairing them, quite a lot of XP aswel for what it is you're doing, even more if your reping your squad. You get ribbons aswel which give......something :confused: .
    There is also a very big advantage to maxing your rep gun, you can deconstruct enemy mines.
    Also dont underestimate the max rep guns power, ive survived libs and ESFs pounding my tank for minutes because of 2x maxed repair guns, most of the time i survive long enough for a reaver to show up, or friends to reinforce me with AA or Titan APs.

You seem to have a very good idea about what your doing.
    Id try not to think of it as a grind to get somewhere, id try to enjoy the journey.
  19. Rebelgb

Man Emerald Saturday night was amazing. Hadnt had that much ffing bloody warfare since 6 months after release. There were epic battles going on and it was on a scale that got my blood boiling. I let my 15 year old play a bit and he kept saying "Dad this is awesome!". Tracers everywhere, 20x20 tank battles, air flying overhead, the sounds of major warfare blasting through the speakers......

Flip side:- what to do with these 2000 unspent certs....
    server the last 2 days has been sooooooooo dead.....