Test Server Update Notes : 7/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Chewy102

Walls that are still under hill peaks and in the lowest part of valleys. Plus there is little to no way to get on some said walls to keep armor or what ever from using them to be safe from the base. A few on Esamir are even so high a low certed LAs can JUST make it to the top if at all without first going to the roof of a building, that is more than likely exposed to shelling.

Flat walls are not going to do much if anything. You need to be able to use the walls or armor can use them against the base they are suppose to defend.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ranik

There seems to be some utterly basic logical failure with the devs they absolutely fail to recognize. They want to keep nerfing anything vehicle into the floor and make it utterly useless. So they intend to create an entire arm of gameplay which is completley unsatisfying....

All because they won't create some method of limiting how many vehicles you can have at one time....

How's that PS1 style cert system looking now devs? You've spent two years balancing (nerfing) vehicles into powerwheels rather than addressing the fundemental issue of everyone can pull any vehicle.
    • Up x 14
  3. Frostbitten

I can't "upvote" this enough.
    • Up x 5
  4. Ranik

It's the freaking truth though and everyone knows it. First anyone can pull any vehicle then you have the issue of Driver/Gunner. We were telling the devs it would never work all the way back in Beta.

And yet after two ******* years we are still left with this crap. It's the literal definition of insanity.
    • Up x 2
  5. Alarox

Even if they want to make AI tanks less effective, at the same time they're also blanket nerfing AV tanks.
    • Up x 2
  6. Scr1nRusher

what in the living higby are you doing?

What are you higby doing?

This is truely baffling.

Its like you guys either have no idea what your doing or you have no vision for this game(which would explain alot).
    • Up x 4
  7. Chewy102

You don't even have to lock players out of using vehicles and the gear they already paid for. Just replace the spawn timer with a resource cost reduction. Uncerted vehicles can cost almost an entire resource pool (MAXes as well), all but the Flash and Harasser. Flashes stay as is (or cost half) and Harassers take much less to cert out costs. Once a vehicles resource cost is fully certed then that vehicles resource cost is about the same as it is now.

Much less vehicle spam while adding a ****ton of cert sinks that are worth it.
  8. TheBand1t

I'm trying to grasp the logic of nerfing AP cannons and coming up blank
    • Up x 14
  9. JarJar2

I think lightnings and their weapons are already balanced effectively. It only takes a couple hits to take them down, if lightnings are grouped it's even easier as they're busy smashing into each other to either a) get closer or b) run away. They get overwhelming during zergs, but in relatively open space against poorly shielded bases.

Instead of messing with damage and splash I would:

Nerf:
    1) range
    2) drop

Buff:
    1) Blast shields around egress area of spawn rooms.

Lightnings are light assault tanks that trade armor for speed. So they're a high risk/high reward vehicle just like the Harasser is.

Rockets and tank rounds should have the ability to one hit infantry as well. They're rockets and tank rounds. I think people tactically have adopted to dealing with lightnings effectively.

My hideous photoshopping on some random person's image here is what I think should happen to prevent tank spam in oh a tower's case. The red is just to highlight placement so it could be the really fancy new one way shield setup or just regular standard old non-shield barriers.

I think this would do more to nerf the farming aspect of lightnings or even MBT than nerfing weapons ever will.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Scr1nRusher

they don't.
    • Up x 3
  11. LandoCalrissen

I see alot of comments regarding x2 prowler damage, obviously you may not have tried to hit a swaying mag rider with the two shots at range, while their main gun stays on target with stabalization. I am not sure why reducing damage on a tank round to equal two shots from a LMG, especially when the LMG is not explosive...doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever. You keep reducing the radius of blast...isn't that what anti personnel rounds are for? Your intending to promote accuracy with weapons vs. infantry when one factions main advantage is in accuracy interesting way of thinking....I see one faction gaining more of a population increase from this. Lots of people get tired of being nerfed into being a target. Also, lockdown which is the Primary TR ability just makes us a fixed target both in MBT and Max for C4 and other harder to hit moving vehicles.
  12. Ranik

Better idea, Finish the outfit specialization system that was supposed to exist ages ago. Make it so that outfits can spend a limited number of outfit certs on what they specialize in.

Boom, only Armor outfits can reliably pull cheap MBT's.

#Should have done this a year ago.
  13. Scr1nRusher

there isn't any

I could do a better job at balancing(and adding to) the game.

Thats an actual fact. I don't have all the numbers and data and such that SOE has, But I know how to make damn good gameplay and gameplay additions threw different "Phases" of changes that would pay off overtime.

If given the time(and a actual follow threw of them getting done) and also about future changes getting player feedback I could make PS2 extremely popular and interesting.

A game like PS2 and its concept should be insanely popular then it is right now. There is no damn excuse at this point for it to be doing how it is.

I could help it, I'm here, I've reached out etc.
  14. Inex

Do you have those TTK numbers somewhere? I can't find current resist values, so it's a complete pain to try and figure out BTK.
  15. Chewy102

I want tanks to be killers. I just don't like them being so good in bases. Around bases and in the fields they can be as strong as they want to be. Make fields for vehicles and and bases for infantry. Sounds simple but takes a bit of work in map making.

I for one was happy to see that dome shields could have been used to help against air and ground vehicle long range base shelling. But we don't have those yet, if we will get them at all.
  16. Stopper

Since I hate tank spam, I'm okay (and even happy) with tanks nerfs regarding their hability to farm infantry : it's totally annoying, needs no skill (unlike - I've already said it - piloting an ESF where you don't have time to aim and need to care about ground and now trees) and I'm tired of seeing people just spamming by staying motionless, in pack, with thermal vision.

But nonetheless I think :

- that there is no reason to nerf HA rockets (all kinds) ;

- no reason to nerf the Bulldog (since it's his only purpose and it's a short range weapon, in my mind designed to protect Sunderers) ;

- that the principle of nerf is usually bad since it mainly makes unhappy players ;

- that, if we want to stay a little realistic, and avoid spam, the solution can be to give tanks a far longer reload time and, beside that, to also give tanks another purpose : traveling, protecting sundys, defeating other vehicles ; so it means more distance between bases (I'll would like to see a big swamp where tanks can play to cat and mouse).
  17. Alarox

I just did all the math by hand. I've done it so many times for these kind of discussions so it isn't that hard.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_armor_and_damage_resistance

Some of this is outdated, but everything regarding tanks is up to date.
    • Up x 2
  18. VonStalin

I like these changes. Adds more fight - more fun.
  19. Nepau

If you think that these changes would make people flock to the VS, you've never use the Magrider ether then. The point people are making is that on the AP side, the Prower gets a very minor damage drop (100 overall) compared to double that for all the other tanks. Most of use also take Lockdown into consideration.

Overall these Tank changes seem to not be well thought out, especially the AP nurf across the board.
    • Up x 5
  20. Alarox

Their logic is that because HEAT is being nerfed, they want HEAT to stay viable. So they're reducing AP direct damage instead of increasing HEAT direct damage.

What they don't seem to realize is that AP is fine the way it is. Instead they want to make tanks less effective against everything. Even other tanks.
    • Up x 7