Test Server Update Notes : 7/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Jyve

Can tanks have a few ammo types onboard and you can change (with a... 30 second?) cooldown. Let peeps choose 20 AP or 10AP/10 HEAT.
    • Up x 2
  2. travbrad

Yep their stated goal is to make the tank weapons less effective against infantry, so I don't understand the reason for nerfing direct hit damage from AP guns (which will 1 hit kill infantry either way). It seems like an unnecessary change.
  3. Vortok

So Mag AP won't one shot ESFs anymore and Lightning AP won't even drop the ESF to a critical health level. Quite bothersome, but the effectiveness of shooting air with a non-AA weapon isn't something that can be truly complained about. The counter-argument is obviously to have actual AA coverage. I would suggest that equipping a Ranger or Walker on a MBT (and potentially other vehicles) should do a bit more for their ability to survive against air. If not a buff to the gun's damage output (dangerous direction) then perhaps an innate top armor when having AA weapons equipped, so that surviving and deterring incoming air is easier to accomplish.

HE is finally losing the longer reload in exchange for needing to be a bit more accurate. Seems fine. Was never a fan of the longer reload method of balancing as it just penalized accurate players most of the time.

The AV viability of the three tank guns seems to be going back to a similar version to what we had at launch. Back then it was basically just a one shot difference from HEAT in either direction and a mild velocity difference. The guns were made distinct for a reason, but if the devs have decided to revert to the previous model after longterm observation of the current state of the weapons then I imagine it wasn't a light decision. AP will probably lose its allure again, though. Especially among 2/2 MBT where the top gun provides substantial damage output, further lessening the impact of the extra damage that AP can provide.

I suppose the damage nerf to AP (rather than buffing HEAT) could be seen as a method to slightly lengthen the TTK of vehicle fights, rather than buffing the damage of other weapons to make things die even faster.

In any case, I'm glad I got my Lightning AP Auraxium already. I had enough irritation with HA surviving direct hits due to Nanoweave + Resist shield back then. Those things have changed, but I imagine a nerf to AP damage will just cause other sources of irritation now instead.

Oh, and rockets are gonna hurt MAXs slightly less. They already hurt like hell, so they'll still hurt even post-nerf. Split second peekaboo rockets for a majority of a MAX's life bar feels rather lame on the receiving end anyways.
  4. Boulder119

This is not the way to deal with the problem of the tank imbalances. Nerfing AP to be only one shot ahead of HEAT will make it obsolete, and the lightning guns (particularly the AP) were weak enough already, the last thing they need is a nerf. And why do these weapons need to be less effective against infantry in the first place? A few heavies with rocket launchers, or a light assault with C4 could kill a tank with relative ease. If there is a tank problem (and there is not) add more AV Phalanx turrets. And as many other posts have mentioned, a rocket launcher arming time would solve the problem of noobtubing. Please consider the opinions of the countless PS2 veterans who are against the changes in this latest patch.
    • Up x 2
  5. Revanmug

You are not the infantry peasant being farm inside the base while trying to take over a chokepoint. It explain why you don't really care.
  6. ManInSun

I had to log in to post the short opinion: Except the bulldog, this changes are very worrisome. It will further strip the fun I have from the game.
    Btw. HEAT is not just a click and kill weapon. It requires skill to hit the target especially the moving one and should not be punished.
    • Up x 2
  7. VALCHKYRIE

Are you going to give me back the 14 262 certs i put in my prowler?
    (Exact ammount found here: http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/?name=VALCHKYRIE&certs=&items=false&page=6&extend=)
    If yes: i'm fine with your update since i won't tank anymore

If no: this update is pointless, leave the tanks where they are : thay are not balanced (as everything in the game) BUT we're used to them.
  8. VALCHKYRIE

(Exact ammount found here: http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/?name=VALCHKYRIE&certs=&items=false&page=6&extend=)

If no: this update is pointless, leave the tanks where they are : thay are not balanced (as everything in the game) BUT we're used to them.
  9. VALCHKYRIE

[edit] sorry for triple post guys, i don't know what hapenned with my phone... If someone could tell me how you remove the other 2 it would be nice, thank you
  10. Brasil

SOE, keep it up, and there will not be anyone else complaining about the game, because everyone will abandon ps2
  11. CrtmN

Do something other, do not touch the balance (tanks and missiles)
  12. TheBlazing

I play infantry as well, and most bases, except on Indar which really needs to be redone from scratch, are fairly hard to farm, unless of course you are being zerged in which case you're screwed anyways. And if you are in a situation like the one I described, where the offense is really not getting anywhere, defending infantry will probably be up the towers shooting the attacking vehicles or defending infantry-only entryways to the base where there is no place for vehicles.
  13. quatin

This patch is bad. Tanks already feel weak. If you want to reduce tank spam, you should implement the resource revamp and start limiting the total number of tanks per lattice.
    • Up x 1
  14. LongbeardedBMFVS

Reducing tank farm spamming is nice, but better base design like on Hossin would be the better solution I think. Let's see how it will work out.

What really bugs me is the effectiveness of LOLpods against infantry paired with unhearable hovering ESFs.
  15. Tuco

The strength of infantry in a MMOFPS comes from the flexibility the mobile spawn gives them.

The sunderer is not an effective mobile spawn, the PS1 AMS is.

Yeah it's real easy to farm inafntry when there is only one spawn point every square kilometer.
  16. Scr1nRusher

The rocket changes ARE COMPLETELY UNNEEDED.

Forumside....... why oh why are you doing this to your game?
  17. Foxhound

Why don't you guys buff tanks and redo the resources so that way tanks are harder to get but pose an actual honest to god threat. Right now they are so incredibly weak, they are not even worth pulling. Or do something like only so many tanks can be pulled/present per Territory/Continent/Faction. And for the love of god, put in Mobile Artillery. There is a good tank neutralizer rather than taking the nerf bat to them over and over.
    • Up x 1
  18. Pythius

Nerfing tanks against infantry- fine, tankers can deal with that by playing smart. Unfortunately for infantry players, tankers are going to switch to HEAT in droves since the AP advantage against armor will be even less significant. After these changes you'll see no decrease in infantry tears, and more frustration people who want vehicles to have decent combat with each other.

If you're worried about vehicle vs infantry gameplay and not looking at the PPA, you haven't been paying attention at all. That's the only tank weapon that I worry about as infantry, period.
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

Do NOT do these Tank and rocket changes..... they are unneeded and are going around the actual problem with is Tank HE rounds existing.
  20. FBVanu

Sticks are completely overpowered....

I call for a nerf to all sticks.. :confused: