Terrans Unite NO Lockdown ability for TR MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BlueyTheWolf, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Ammathor

I was with my buddy on the test server. He had dual Onslaughts on locked-down in a corner of the room while I covered the stairwell next to him.

The Onslaughts tore through infantry at the rate of a hacksaw max with twice the distance. I watched him drop a HA with his shield pop'd in less than second. You can hold a room against multiple people with this thing on.

I don't see what you're complaining about, You need to keep a room secure. Put a lockdown max in a corner and watch the instagibs and laugh.
  2. Kicker

Woot lockdown. I have been waiting sense tech test for this... Its about damn time. Learn how and when to use lockdown and it can be unstoppable. If you dont want it thats fine, dont cert it.
    • Up x 1
  3. loleator

Only thing it will be useful for will be against Air, since using it against anything other will get you:
    -instant killed with 2 rockets on the face
    -Other maxes charges past you (you can't move more than 90 degrees each side) and instantgib you from behind.

However NC will be GOD against infantry, which already owns as of now:

[IMG]

BUT NOBODY WILL COMPLAIN. NC is allowed to kill what there are more on this game which is infantry and even get better at it, however TR wont be allowed to kill those OP esf's?

LOL

Also, VS always remains unnoticed of the nerf calls. But they will be even better than TR at killing planes with their ability to deal increased damage AND NOBODY WILL COMPLAIN AGAINST THEM TOO.

Just TR gets the nerf calls.
  4. Nobalification

TR - lockdown - badass ability
    NC - shotguns every where
    VS - Max with 2 starfire online ZOE and he can get IK (instant kill) to EST.
    • Up x 1
  5. felfox

Just want to point out that the starfires have the worst accuracy in the game right now, you literally can't hit something 20 feet from you. That said, the devs also stated that the stats of ALL AV weapons are not what they're supposed to be so more than likely the starfire damage will be lowered and accuracy raised.

That said the ZOE will still be stupidly overpowered against air and the decreased survivability could potentially make this power utterly worthless in cqc :/
  6. Xocolatl

Just watch out for the new grenade lobber. I have a feeling that one has your name on it.
  7. Kallowe

Lock Down is incredibly stupid. MAX units are supposed to be small tanks not MANA turrets.
    • Up x 1
  8. BarxBaron

What I find hilarious is that:

1. They made sure to give back all the crap ES stuff back to TR such as lockdown...now in two forms ;p At least its PASSABLE on tanks becuase they can take a hit and have a chance to pack up. Maxes do not have that luxury.

2. They gave the real striker to the NC max AV.....and gave us a annihilator 2.0.

3. They gave the pre-nerfed capacitor to VS maxes (plus a small armor penalty to "balance it"). There's a reason the PS1 TR capacitor had its move speed TAKEN OUT. Yet they not only give it away in a different form....but add the move speed in ;)
    Effin' genius!
    • Up x 1
  9. Kallowe

I think they're under the impression it will somehow work out like Starcraft siege tanks.
  10. SEMoslaw

Wait when this skill will be released. Those few situations when lockdown is useful will be recorded and used as a reason for nerfing all our weapons so we won't do any damage unless deployed.
  11. Canaris

hahaha can I call it or what!! Said that all the way back in January
  12. oherror

TR lockdown should be fun. Was awesome for holding down stairs and such in PS1. Though back the ammo was a concern. Should be interesting for defense of corridors and other tight areas. So long as the max has 1 or 2 engies with him they should be able to hold them. Though the NC shield may be able to work as a point man to clear the anchored TR Maxes. Should be interesting either way.

Though SOE can the spikes on the model actually deploy pretty please. I mean thats what they are there for right.
  13. jiggu

Well VS MAX already looks like a butterfly so making them fly doesn't seem too far off, also that would be freaking brutal.