Terrans Unite NO Lockdown ability for TR MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BlueyTheWolf, Jan 25, 2013.

1. BlueyTheWolf

Well SOE plans to give TR max ability to lock down; VERY same ability we are trying to get rid of from our prowlers.

Its like noone ever read forums even twitter from their end.WE dont want it !!!
    How hard is it to understand,it has no advantages worse its disadvantages.

NC gets hardenshields for MAX
    VS is at the moment not clear but some people said it might have ability to fly for short period of time.
    • Up x 23
  2. Ranik

Devs not paying attention and repeating the same mistakes despite players trying to point out the obvious?

I'd be surprised if it hadn't been happening repeatedly since Beta.
    • Up x 1
  3. PharmD

Explain how lockdown is bad?
    • Up x 14
  4. Eli

"we won’t be letting them fly ala the original Planetside."
    • Up x 1
  5. Sebastos

Lol lockdown for MAX is a horrible idea!
    • Up x 1
  6. Radec594

Well, what's wrong with that, it was in PS1 and nobody complained about it.
    As long as it won't give you much of a nerf in movement, like taking 5 seconds to do the damn animation, I don't see the disadvantage in that; you should be more aware of your surroundings and avoid deploying in front of enemy fire I guess.

Also, I'm going to laugh so hard if I see even a single Vanu MAX flying around like a little princess.
    • Up x 3
  7. FateJH

What PharmD said. I've heard many a complaint in this forum about TR MAXes locking down being something that is desireable. Also, why are Prowlers locking down an issue? have there been topics in the Vehicles board regarding this matter?
  8. R-A-B

Hell actually the more certs I but into anchor on the prowler the more I see its point, get in the right position and I'm a cannon machine gun.
    So I'm down with the lockdown,
    • Up x 8
  9. EvilKoala

Anchor mode is fairly bad for the Prowler.. on a max.. well.. It better make those chainguns into 2000 rpm miniguns to kill the heavys that will inevitably be lobbing rockets at him before they can get them off. And since that wont happen.. Beyond useless.

EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon.. Dual burster max with lockdown would prove useful. (assuming higher ROF)
    • Up x 2
  10. Vorpal

Lockdown sounds like an excellent way to get destroyed effortlessly by an NC MAX.

he charges at you, you can't run away, he blasts you in the face with hacksaws, you die.

Unless lockdown comes with some pretty *amazing* defensive bonuses and accuracy bonuses I don't see it being useful at all.

Mind you - lockdown is theoretically more useful for MAX than for tanks. For tanks it's terrible because you get flanked and killed. MAXe's don't really have flanks and defend small enclosed rooms much more than tanks do.
    • Up x 4
  11. Ranik

Haha wow. Am I in bizzarro world?
  12. Terrex

Worthless. Asking to get C4'd and rocketed. Ideal in NO SITUATION.
    • Up x 3
  13. GSZenith

theoretically yes, then the random noob with hacksaw ran into you in bio while you where trying to defend killed you in 0.5sec, killed everyone else in the room then meleed 1-2 ppl before leaving.

This also...like are we playing the same game? Or do SoE want everyone to roll NC?
    ah i see thats the plane, removing the TR faction, well i already rerolled braindead NC so np
  14. Drenzul

Its horrible in any way.

Main things that kill maxes easily - Dumb-fire rockets
    Main defence again them - Moving out the way
    Can't move out the way..... errrrrr damm....
    • Up x 3
  15. Undeadfred

Maxes are most valuable inside Bio-Labs. To be honest a shield would be great for attacking the lab. Even more so for scatter maxes. That's even more health to close in on the enemy with scatter guns.

Deploy mode could be useful as well, but it's usefulness might be limited to defending choke points. Which in all honesty makes them even more valuable in Bio-Labs.

I have to wounder why dose the TR need to sacrifice mobility for our advantage. The NC shield doesn't have a draw back, nor dose the the Vanu speed/mobility boost. Why do we have to sacrifice literally all of our mobility for a dps increase. Why not give us x more dps at cost to y mobility, not all of it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Radec594

Well what else could they give it though.. Sprint because TR vehicles are supposedly faster?
    I mean, they're adding it but nobody forces you to use it, if at all, I'd be worrying of what Vanu will get.
  17. Redic

I loved lock down in PS1 your just turning your max in to a turret , same goes for the tank I used it a lot in the beta when it was standard.

I to am down with the lock down!
  18. {joer

Its like the devs don't play TR. Funny thing is I predicted this a while ago as the TR max ability.
    • Up x 3
  19. Dubious

EVERY TR complained about the TR MAX Lockdown in PS1 and after many years they gave TR a 2nd ability, to compensate for the useless lockdown mode, faster fire rate for a short time

Even with 2 abilities, TR max was the least used of both VS and NC

When defending against anything, but mostly air
    VS would fly, avoiding the rockets
    NC would use shield, enough time so they could escape and/or migtate the damage and kill air when they reloading..
    TR would be dead before they could do anything..
  20. Tapioca Express

if lockdown allows the max to deploy dual shoulder mounted weapons in conjunction with the arm mounted weapons, have all the weapons fire simultaneously, convert over to a heat system instead of a magazine system, reduced cone of fire, and drastically increased fire rate, then yea lockdown might be cool.

Any other variation of that would just result in lock-down being a joke skill that no one would ever use because its a horrible idea for such a setting.
    • Up x 4