Terran Republic LA, they're good...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Craig1287, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Craig1287

I primarily play as NC but when not with my clan I log in as my TR alternate and their LA is just so good.

This is the default TR carbine, the TRAC-5, with a 1x scope and tier 1 laser sight. Remember to watch in HD.
  2. Mazzar

Looks like either a bug or hacks, he has absolutely no recoil, even when using scope.
    Or hes a master compensator.

Dodgy video is Dodgy.
  3. Antivide

You know NC get access to the GD-7F, right? Does just as much damage and shoots faster. 845 RPM to the TRAC's 750.
    GD-7F has less accuracy both shoots significantly faster AND has less sustained recoil. I have no trouble out shooting TRAC-5 users. The surprise when I spray out half a magazine in a half second is well worth it.

Granted, the default carbine for NC is good but not great, the Solstice and TRAC-5 are both superior as are their "S" variants.

NC default weapons kind of suck hard compared to VS and TR. The only weapons I use are the store items which shoot faster.
  4. MintiFresh

I can see the recoil... it's not hard to compensate for minimal hipfire recoil on a trac-5...
  5. Craig1287

Well thank you for the compliment. I am not hacking in this video (or ever) nor is this a glitch. There are actually a few times that I mess my aim up, but that is because I am so used to NC weapons and guns with balanced L/R recoil whereas the TRAC-5 has a right recoil bias.

The purpose of the video isn't to show my personal skill at aiming though, it is the show the capabilities of the LA in being able to flank groups and cause confusion as you are almost always moving to their flanks and shooting them at 90 degree angles, rather than face to face. It is also to show how the TR's guns have a good affinity with the LA class.
  6. Canaris

kid caught a wave
    nice kill streak dude, see how much more you can achieve with the TR craig, now is the time to throw off the shackles of greed, hate and lies that the NC have blinded you with and rejoin the glorious Republic :D
    • Up x 1
  7. gunshooter

TR is the worst LA. No good long range carbine, and our other carbines aren't any better than VS or NC weapons. Only people looking for excuses would claim otherwise when the stats say it all.

Nice veiled plug for your video though.
  8. Craig1287

Ha, a good attempt. My clan plays NC, so that will still be my primary, but I'll log into my VS and TR alternates from time to time.
  9. wabbitseason

You're nuts dude. That's some pretty sweet skills.
  10. Iridar51

Video is pretty good, nice aiming.
    However! There is ZERO Light Assaulting in this video. What has been done there can be done with any other class and/or side.
    You will notice that most of the time player in this video either flanks (good positioning) or headshots (good aim) or both.
    Positioning is an issue of luck and good decision-making, aim is an issue of reflexes and control.
  11. Athessu

The biggest difference between the GD-7F and a TR weapon is that despite it being just as much of a 'fast firing' gun the TR version gets 60 more rounds total to play with and a 40 round magazine, 'that' will make the difference in a lot of firefights when you're able to ambush people only to not finish one off. Regardless of any other balance problems, LAs are usually plagued by lack of ammo, when an NC or VS guy runs out the TR is still laughing with essentially level 2 ammo certed and that is just BS.

And the TR still have the best CQC carbine selection anyway.
    • Up x 1
  12. aRtFuL

Well LA of all factions does the same thing and flies the same, so I fail to see your point about TR being better LA, in terms of flanking, compare to other factions.

That is somewhat true. However since youa re flanking anyways, guns won't be the differentiator.

If you are comparing say Assault rifles of different faction fighting at mid range then you might have a point. However what you are showing in the vid is way under the range and outside of the circumstances where recoil or fire rate will make much differences.

Shooting at the back of someone's head is you are going to take them down anyways. You couldn've knife them or pistol them and the outcome won't have been much different.
  13. Iridar51

Yes, we have more bullets. Yes, we have higher rate of fire. However, our bullets are weaker, so it takes more of them to kill an enemy, so having more ammo is justified.
    Besides, I do believe that situation "TR LA kills VS or NC LA because he has 1.5 more clips of ammo" happens so rarely that it's not even worth mentioning.
    Being plagued by lack of ammo is alright, that's supposed to be our general weakness.

I do have to agree to about CQC though. Lynx is a beast. If I forget to take my finger off the trigger right away I usually end up with an empty clip :D It shoots so fast that you can't afford to aim while shooting, you'll just waste ammo. Bullet density exceeds pellet concentration from a shotgun.
  14. SiosDashcR

You played CQC - The TR's affinity.
    You also, during this video, played ON a TR base, where NC are attacking. This means that more than likely, they're facing other TRs who perhaps didn't kill them or weakened them. I'd also like to note the frequent tank explosions that are also doing some damage to these infantry, allowing for an easier kill.
  15. Antivide

The GD-7F (NC CQC) does the same amount of damage as a TR or VS weapon. It does NOT have the NC damage trait. Lynx shoots at what, 800 RPM? GD-7F shoots at a freaking 845 RPM. But it has 10 less rounds and less reserve ammo, and has slightly less initial accuracy (but same bloom). So it balances out.

It's extremely satisfying to outshoot TR players rolling TRAC-5 or Lynx, the last thing they expect from an NC is a hailstorm of bullets spewing out instantaneously from my carbine.

The nature of this game is ROF. The best weapons tend to have higher rate of fire. You can all thank the short TTK for this. TR and to some extent VS have a natural advantage in their default weapons.

The default weapons aren't balanced at all. The store items are.The only "NC" weapon I use is the EM6 for the HA. Otherwise it's GR-22 and GD-7F all day.
  16. Craig1287

I agree with all this. The extra rounds per magazine helps the TR so much. For VS, the crazy low recoil on ARs and carbines is very good. But in the end, the TR have the best infantry guns.
  17. Dkamanus

I think it all boils down to preference. I, for one, have the GD-7F and I ******* hate it with all my heart. That Horizontal pull to the left is just terrible. I prefer to use the AC-X11, even at closer ranges:

Starts at 9m45s. What you did any decent LA can do, and while the TR do give the user an easier time, it's not impossible to NC. Harder, yes, but very doable.

But still, we can see the lack of ease in using the NC carbines compared to the TR, or, imo, even worse, the VS. And I think the GD-7F the WORST Carbine in the NC arsenal, and I have it as well. The Forward Grip is totally useless at it, since it will still push to the left by a lot. The X11 is almost invisible the Horizontal recoil, but the bloom widens quite fast at full auto (although at 20-40m, you still are able to full auto and get kills easily, past this is a nightmare).
  18. Antivide

Hating on the GD-7F, what is this madness? Foregrip is AWESOME for it. Red dot, foregrip, all you need. I can hit targets at medium range with this thing. If anything it's a straight up UPGRADE for NC Light Assaults if you play the CQC flanking role.
  19. Dkamanus

I guess that playstyle talk the devs had is quite real, at last xD

I think the GD-7F is just too damn weak. I find it very hard to control, compared to the AC-X11, while the damage of the X11 compensates VERY well for the low RoF, and the vertical recoil can come in handy, once you know where the second uncompensated shot might go. Mostly I shot chest and the second shot goes straight to the head.
  20. Urquhart

I lol'd at how not a single engineer in OPs video could give a fudge to supply ammo