Team mates who shoot you to get your attention

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by The Shermanator, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Xocolatl

I still fire at people, since clearly V-2 (voice command for "HEAL ME PLEASE") never grab anyone's attention. And usually, neither do "I need a ride", "I need repair", "I need ammo", "HELLPPPP", or /re we're getting hammered at XXX, need support or our last choke point will fall.
  2. LokiGwayyn

Nr. 1 rule in all games: Never help people who try to harm you.
    • Up x 1
  3. itzCujo666

I return fire.

There is so much TK going on (Woodman VS), yesterday, as example, in a 4 hour session I was TK'd three times, twice in a spawn room! There is a particular outfit on the server I play that is notorious for being uncontrollable TK'ers.

When I'm shot at, whether I'm in a vehicle or not, I return fire until one of us is dead, irregardless of faction. Having said that, I do not initiate fire fights with VS, but if a VS opens fire on me, for sure I'm firing back.
  4. Prodigal

If you be attentive (as a medic or engi), noone would need to attract your attention.

For my own part, I spend minutes running after medics spamming for heal or engies spamming for ammo, without them taking any notice. Then when i shot them 1 bullet in the leg, some even became brash enough to TK me for that - which shows the full extent of this kind of guys' stupidity. So now I'm simply TKing them.
  5. Prodigal

omg how embarrassing.
  6. Prodigal

Try to use your brains and to figure out why someone's shooting you a single bullet. You may probably be medic missing heal messages or an engi missing ammo requests. If you just go and TK someone who shot you a single bullet, then you're a perfect and complete idiot. Or you're just either spanish or 15 years old.
  7. Prodigal

So let's sum it up, there are 2 kinds of people in this game:

1. Those who run behind medics or engies yelling for heal/ammo for entire minutes without being helped, and then shoot a bullet to attract the medic/engies attention.

2. Stupid Medics/Engies who ignore spam of helprequests for entire minutes, and after being hinted with a stronger means go mental and TK their teammates.

It's easy as that.
  8. Vyss

If someone isn't giving you ammo/heals then go find someone else. It's really annoying but what can you do. It worse when playing as a medic and having the only other medic around run away from your corpse and being forced to watch the assault fail.

That being said, if you run up to me and shoot me on purpose, don't be surprised when I turn around and tap you as well. Unfortunately for you, I just happen to use a pandora 99% of the time as medic.
  9. Prodigal

Thank you for confirming your belonging to the second category.
  10. Vyss

NP. Nothing like entitled players who think medics are there to fix every little hurt. I'm too busy reviving people with my max level tool to care about the whiner spamming me for heals while at half health. Perhaps you should play medic more if you have such trouble getting heals? It could mean a lack of medics (probably because you shot them).
    • Up x 1
  11. LokiGwayyn

3. Those like me: Continually listening for people who need help. But OP asked how i feel about people shooting at me to get my attention. This only happened to me once. The guy was quite some distance away and opened fire on me. I had run to another guy needing healing before and this other player just shot at me. I am not the pizza services. If you want your heal FASTER and BEFORE other people then just COME to me. But if you shoot at me thinking you will make me prefer healing you to healing other people who are closer you wont get a heal. Stripping me of my shield in a combat zone: no-go
    • Up x 1
  12. asdfPanda

Also: DBAD (Don't Be A D-ouche-bag)
    To be honest, I really wish there was a "Hold still soldier!" Or "Calm down, I'll patch you up!" command. Also, when people use the "I need a medic!" command, a "+" appears next to their IFF tag, just so you guys know.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zerran

Or... you could pop your AOE heal, and do both at the same time.
  14. asdfPanda

Precisely. Never RELY on others in this game. Having a medic heal you should be a luxury, not a necessity.
  15. itzCujo666

errr.....your interpretation of someone that does something you disagree with is they're an idiot, Spanish or 15 years old?

[IMG]

Good luck with life, as you get older and mature... I guess it's going to be tough for you.
  16. Prodigal

Logical calculus. It's your friend.
  17. Souleater

Yes, I have often wished for such a thing! I find it very irritating when somebody crying for healing/repairs runs straight past my Medic or Engineer when we aren't under direct fire.

I tend to chase them for about 20'. If they don't look on their mini map and spot the would-be-healer running after them by then I go back to whatever I was doing.
  18. applepienation

I'm probably not the first person to have some dumb **** shoot them with a shotgun in an attempt to get their attention.
  19. Dictatorfish

Following up from my previous post (see above), I now no longer bother to revive them after I let them know that they have my attention. The complaining, the chasing, the revenge TKing - it's just not worth it. By the time they get revived by another medic or choose some place to respawn, I'll be long gone from the area and probably won't bump into them for the rest of the evening, which works out better for both parties.
  20. Adeon

Once I changing equipment and did not hear anything around. I was killed by the player who expected me to turn back and heal him. He screamed medic, medic. Apparently he had not even thought of Change of class to heal yourself. Selfishness of some people off scale.