Team mates who shoot you to get your attention

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by The Shermanator, Feb 4, 2013.

1. The Shermanator

How does this make you guys feel? I'm curious. Also, am I the only one who completely mutes local voice because I'm sick of hearing people be silly over voice coms? I understand that it might make me miss people who need attention, but everyone who I've spoken to says I'm generally on top of it and I personally don't care to listen to cruddy rave music while points are being capped, or wannabe Pattons spouting orders like this was a serious milsim.
    • Up x 1
  2. FlayvorOfEvil

There's a Q button gimmick that people are suppose to know about. Normally people don't shoot at me to get my attention.
  3. ZenTao

Shooting at vehicles to get their attention is an old PS1 trick ... Most PS1 vets will do it and respond to it.
  4. The Shermanator

I should have specified: This is just being a combat medic and someone popping you in the face to get your attention.
  5. }{ellKnight

I don't mind it if I'm not badly wounded. I sometimes get too focused on killing people so it's a good way to make me shift my focus on the people around me. Thing is people rarely do it. I always roll in a squad with my outfit so I just take a glance to see if the important people (all my squad) need reviving. If they need healing they just call it on teamspeak and we (me and the other medics) heal them.
  6. Cookiepiledriver

V 1

Then I jump in front of the guy and spam V 1. If I'm still ignored by that point, I turn homicidal.

From that point forward they start responding, or they die.

Look, pal, if you want to res and run that's fine, but you had better change your name from "combat medic" to "target practice", because that's what you will become.
    • Up x 7
  7. James Seth Lynch

See this is why I stick around to heal people and want my damn level 6 tool already.
    • Up x 1
  8. }{ellKnight

And that's why I got mine to 6. Insta rez and forget about the dude, run off to rez some more or shoot people in the face.
    • Up x 4
  9. Kugelfisch

Best spent certs ever! Rev in a second and get on with your life instead of standing there like a moron waiting for him to get up or get sniped in the head. Keeps you fighting and people love you.
    • Up x 1
  10. ThommiX

Most annoying one i found was an engineer shooting my max every once in a while so he could repair it... Needless to say,he ate both barrels to head after doing it a few times.

People also tend to shoot sunderers if they want in. Usually helps to just say on squadchat about it and it stops. Leaving those guys to run though always.
    • Up x 1
  11. Veri

Majority of players do not know about the Q function.
    Most likely why you have seen so many infantry firing at the back of a sunderer for them to stop.

MANY players ignore you if you are politely asking them for repairs, a ride or medical aid which in turn resorts to to having to put a bullet in them.

There have been many times where have had to either get in the engineers face and block their view or shoot them to get their attention as a MAX because they are not listening to me asking for repairs.
    • Up x 1
  12. Zagz

A quick pop shot doesn't harm. As long as he doesn't eat my health up...

Now, in a hectic fight where bullets and shells are flying, that pop shot may be fatal. When someone resolves at shooting me in the face for a heal, I usually kill him and move to priority target. The reason, I kill him is to avoid a second or third pop shot. I'm a very very nice guy but I do have a very short tolerance to stupidity. The moment, someone does something that is completely stupid, I execute him on the spot. No questions ask and if he starts crying, my entire squad will hunt him down.

We do this because that one person can be the cause of an entire failed operation. Remove the problem from the picture as quickly as possible. Thank god, it doesn't happen often and most of the time, I get a pop shot when things are quiet and didn't notice the medic call.

The reason, Q doesn't ALWAYS work is due to the sounds coming from all directions, the spam of messages and if you're connected to the Command channel, these guys are constantly stroking their egoes and trying to prove themselves as the great leader of all time. I usually have to mutes these channels just so that I can focus on my duty lol
  13. JDCollie=VX9=

I don't do much healing, simply because I use a lvl 6 tool; it's faster for me to rez you than it is to heal you. Don't get me wrong, if no one is dead then of course I'll start healing, but I don't prioritize it in combat because it is generally much less effective.
    • Up x 1
  14. Littleman

I don't mind a shot to the legs (90% incoming damage.) A lot of people are screaming "I NEED A MEDIC!" and I'm not the only one, I just might be preoccupied with shooting someone else because hey... my healing only works when I'm alive. That said, I'm starting to get into the habit of blind checking for guys at my back screaming into my ear with Q spam. Activate ability, if exp starts rolling in, look around and speed up the process. I carry medkits for personal use anyway.

What I would give for my AoE heal to place any local trooper's hp on my hud regardless of whether or not I'm facing them. I usually devote to just that if we're in a combat heavy area. Yeah, it's a bit slow, but I need to be combat ready when the bad guys show up.
  15. UzumakiW

Unlike what most people are saying here, shooting at me, no matter what situation, makes it more likely that you'll not only not get healed, but will probably get shot and possibly killed by me. I'm almost always very observant of people around me that need a heal, if I can. I'm also very observant to the chat for whenever someone asks for a heal. I'll try and find the person who says they need a heal and do that, if I can. If I'm shooting at enemies or something, I'm not going to stop and heal you, unless there are plenty of others shooting and suppressing the enemy. I'm not solely a medic. I'm a combat medic. If I'm not healing you when you're around me or when you're saying you need a heal, it means I'm busy doing something, and you should go find another combat medic that isn't so busy.
    • Up x 6
  16. Nature

Multiple engineers have been *****slapped by my MAX when they refuse to repair me.
    • Up x 3
  17. Dictatorfish

I shoot back at my team mates to let them know that they have my attention. Then I use my level 6 MedApp to rez them to full health. It's faster than healing them to full health too.
    • Up x 3
  18. gagle

If you only heal people with the gun you're a very bad medic. When you heal you have to use the gun and the aoe, both active and desactivate at the same time. You can heal a heavy with +25% hp in about 2 seconds. This means that the other classes can be healed full in about 1 sec ^^. Don't need to TK.

A good medic uses the gun to heal & revive, the aoe to heal and the c4 to destroy sunderers like a boss. The perfect class.
  19. Oathblivion

Why? Shooting the sunderer does no damage. Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but you just sound like an *** to me man. =/

@OP: I tend to hold a grudge if they do it during battle. I've got people to shoot, and I revive faster than I heal anyway. However, people have shot me more than once when I'm derping around in my certs page after a big battle. After exiting and looking around for the threat, I heal the guy and usually offer a "Sorry." to him for being unaware.
    • Up x 1
  20. Oathblivion

So you can't delete posts on this forum? How unfortunate for me.... Bloody double post.