[Guide] Tankers, help me out. Rule Book 4 secondary gunners

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FBVanu, Aug 28, 2014.

1. FBVanu

You misunderstood, I said I will replace the proxy radar with mine guard, IF and when I take a gunner.. the gunner has an easier time looking around the tank, than I can with the slow turning main cannon.
    And what's wrong with requiring that an Engineer has two tank mines? They only cost 100 certs.
  2. FBVanu

Thank you. At least some people got it.
    • Up x 1
  3. FBVanu

Wow, look at this wonderful discussion. I knew I would spark some kind of a nice debate here.

If only we had a real Vehicle Forum in which to post .... :oops:
    • Up x 2
  4. Tijuu

Thank you for making it so clear what tank owners think. I promise I will never ever again get rid of my freedom in the game and join a MTB as a secondary gunner. I'm sure yours and every others MTB is stronger with one person in it.
  5. Verviedi

You can certainly play peasant instead, but you don't get to whine when I kill you.
  6. Champagon

Here are my rules when i pilot a tank

1. Use voice macro "Help!"
    2. Gunner Gets in
    3. We go kill stuff
    4. If he is a bad gunner i give them the boot out of my tank
    5. Start back at 1
  7. FBVanu

The humor and over the top demands should not have irked you in this way. I thought it was pretty clear that the points made were intentionally harsh.. well, in order to bring a point across... and, as you can see from many other responses. most people got it.

No tanker I know, would ever run over a bad gunner... but it sure as heck was funny to write it, have people laugh at the idea and agree, that, well, generally speaking, maybe we should run them over.. but we don't. See? - it's still funny.

The point was that we spend all this effort into maximizing our tanks, at least the gunners could bring some kind of thought process into it , when they gun with us. That thought process is also required when reading posts and responding to them.

And again, NO, that is not what tank drivers think. Quite the opposite. We like to help others and especially new players, to get their kills and certs etc.. it just appears that sometimes the little teenager went AFK and let his mommy use the controls.. seriously, you are firing at a Liberator, at render distance, that is about to disappear behind a bio lab.. with a Halberd ?? Why would you do that?

Its those little things that can get us both killed. I don't like getting killed. It sucks. They blew up my Prowler, that nobody knew we were even near that base.. all because little gunny girl couldn't help herself and had to give away our position.. Good grief!

That is why I believe we should create a rule book, a guide, OK, minor suggestions then.. whatever will help new gunners to get a few nanites to rub together and understand the idea.
    • Up x 1