Talk about pay 2 win

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeltaRise, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Pella

[IMG]
  2. Intruder313

Best rush and tell Peter Jackson he's wasted his time filming the 3 Hobbit movies in 48fps rather than the traditional 24fps!? Nope.

I notice a significant difference between 30 and 60fps. They myth it did not matter was prevalent back when I played UT (and before).
    It's not just input and aim it's ability to "read" targets movements and incoming fire and so on.

I run it at 60fps but it drops to 20-30 in big fights and I have a more advanced machine than the OP - must investigate as I've already reduced Shadows and Lighting quality.
  3. Just Me

Very nice pics. Guess it's time to upgrade the old i7 930 and 5870. The 5870 was awesome in its day, but alas it has gone the way of its predecessors.
  4. Achmed20

with some magic invloved (or in other words "math") that doesnt matter at all.
    if you take 2 frames out of any movie, you can mathematicly predict a third picture between those 2.
    once done, you have 50 frames instead of 25. and you can even predict more images with this method scaling up a flick to lets say 100 fps. this ofc isnt 100% accurate but since our brain cant handle that muhc detail anyway, it wont matter. every normal TV does this nowdays (and i HATE IT).

I just upgraded my 5 year old PC 1 week after i started playing PS2. had like 20 FPS before and did totaly suck at anything. now running in ultra, having like 40-50FPS, i'd say im way better then i was before.
    so yes, fps matters, but my personal barrier seems to be arround 45fps, i dont notice anything higher then that. can i dotn care untill its less then 25.
  5. Ciddie

Stop spreading misinformation, there's nothing to disprove.

The rate at which your brain can process "frames" of vision is not linearly linked to the graphical output of your computer game.

If a game is outputting at 15 frames per second, there is a good chance that your eyes will receive the same frame of animation twice or more.
    If a game is outputting at 30 frames per second, there is a fair chance, and at 60 frames+ there is a poor chance of seeing the same frame, and thus the game runs smoother to our human eyes, so yes as the other posters have pointed out you can tell the difference.

Please stop reading gossip pages on the internet and regurgitating your misinformation to others.
    • Up x 2
  6. Wildclaw

Even better, tell it to all those movie theaters that have been showing ordinary 24 fps movies at 72 fps for many years to reduce flickering. (basically you show each image 3 times)
  7. Mupod

Yesterday I was in a massive battle and half of the NC/Vanu involved were just standing still not doing anything...I'd imagine their PCs were taking a dump. Free kills for me, but kinda sad for them.

On other sites and such I've seen a lot of people with 2007 processors complaining about 'optimization'. Man, back in 2004 if you tried to run anything new on, say, a Voodoo 3 all you'd get was a laughing noise coming out of your computer.
  8. GraphicJ

Oh man I know that feeling. I lulz when console players say that higher FPS isn't a factor in FPS games. Especially the ones with vehicles.
  9. phreec

[IMG]

I hope you're trolling...
  10. Bierno

I have better spec than you other than my Harddrive. I have a normal 7200RPM 64MB 1TB drive.
    I cant play ultra at 60FPS in big fights.

Does SSD make that much of a difference in Planetside 2? if so i going to pick one up then

I played competitive CS 1.6 and CSGO but quit to play Planetside 2 so I have a 120hz monitor and make the difference is night and day...

This is the reason I play Planetside 2 on low graphic so i have a constant above 120 FPS to make use of my 120hz monitor. I get liek a average of 140 fps on lowest settings but is SSD makes a difference I will buy it and maybe go SLI on my nvidia card and obviously you can turn off motion blur lol
  11. SuperLexatron

I won your game!

What do I get?

(On topic: stop rubbing it in people :( - I do awesome with an average of 20 fps, I can only dream of what I'd be capable of with at least 30)
  12. Kediec

I upgraded to what's in my sig for this game. I was running on a Core2Quad Q6600, 8gb DDR3, and the same GFX card. Well worth it imo, and it was a good excuse that i was looking for ( gotta at least pretend to try and persuade the wife :p ).
  13. hostilechild

Low frame rate makes some people sick/dizzy (vertigo like) Other seizures. If you feel these effects get a new pc/vid card or quit otherwise you probably won't be bothered by 25-35fps or notice a 10fps increase. This has to do with how fast some peoples eyes work(others its a physical issue and then andrenaline, yes even in an online game make eyes work faster "how we perceive time"). Upgrading my video card 460gtx to a 660ti made a 20fps difference, now i play around 45fps in big fights. It slightly increased my infantry killing, really helped sniping (although i account most that to a g500 gaming mouse being smoother). Biggest advantage i can play without feeling "sick" after a few hours. Hell even older florescent lights flicker to me, annoying as hell.
  14. Shylan