T5 AMC better with attachments?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Neo3602, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Neo3602

I have both the AMC and the NS-11C and I really like the NS-11C with just High Velocity Ammo on it, but when I use the AMC I don't do as well as when I use the NS-11C which is odd considering they have very similar stats.

What I'm wondering is if the T5 AMC is one of those weapons that only gets good if you have a few attachments on it? Or is there some key difference between the NS-11C and T5 AMC that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for answers!
  2. Iridar51

Advanced Forward Grip is a must on T5 AMC. Access to it and way higher projectile velocity is what's different for T5 AMC. It makes it easier to use at range, but lack of 75% ADS really puts pressure on you if you try to use it in a straight up firefight at close range.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dualice

+1 to that, advanced forward grip is a must on the T5.
    • Up x 1
  4. Leivve

F-grip+ compensater are your best friend.
    • Up x 1
  5. LibertyRevolution

Forward grip? Yes. Compensater? No.
    If you put a compensator on it, it destroys its ability to hipfire, the T5-AMC is actually decent for hipfiring when you have to.
    • Up x 2
  6. Leivve

But it doesn't have enough damage to stand toe to toe with other close range weapons. The T5 is the long range equivalent of the Jaguar.

TRAC-5 is your middle of the road, good at everything but doesn't excel compared to more specialized weapons.
    Jaugar is more close range oriented, but can still hold up at medium range. The T5 is for slightly longer ranges, but can hold it's own a little closer.
    Lynx is the dominate CQC carbine we have but is crap at range, while the Cougar is our premier precision carbine.

So we have a Carbine for every situation, moving closer to one specialization or another.
    • Up x 1
  7. cykael

I don't know how much compensator increases hipfire CoF but it's precisely because of that you shouldn't ever put comp on the gun. You need the hipfire accuracy in CQC to stand any chance against better weapons. You can't just pick a weapon for "x", this isn't MMORPG. There are situations where you're faced with using the gun in suboptimal situations and maximizing the gun's potential in those is the key to doing well with most weapons in this game.
  8. Iridar51

It's 20%.
  9. Dualice

As long as no one suggests a suppressor, we good.
  10. Iridar51

Why not? T5 AMC is one of the best carbines to use Suppressor on due to such high velocity.
  11. 1Mio1

The recommended attachments:
    Compensator
    Laser sight
    2x reflex (recommend T-dot)
    These attachments will help you become more versatile in most situations, but they work best if you fight alongside friends as AMC is a support-defensive weapon.
    PS: I don't think TRAC-5 is really that versatile of a jack-of-all-trades weapon. I think the Jaguar & Lynx suit more.
  12. K2k4

Honestly I found both the trac5 amc and the ns11c to be inferior to the cougar in middle to long range combat. Not to mention how awesome it feels to gut somebody from a tree with the cougar. Mainly the problem I have is it takes too many bullets to down somebody with the trac5 amc and ns11c
  13. Reclaimer77

Why do people keep making this argument?

I started this game as TR. Unless something has changed, the AMC is the LAST weapon you want to be trying to hipfire someone down with.

The T5-AMC is not a close quarters weapon and no attachments will EVER make it one. The Compensator plays to it's strength and the way you are supposed to use this weapon.
  14. LibertyRevolution

We make this argument because the T5-AMC has the best hipfire out of all the factions ranged carbines.
    It has the same hipfire as the other non jag TR weapons, here are some timestamps:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEN5DfyrtTM#t=117
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YEN5DfyrtTM#t=508
    I would recommend you watch the whole video if you have T5-AMC questions.
  15. cykael

So I'm going to assume you just throw your hands in air like a Frenchman and beg for mercy whenever someone gets close to you?
  16. Iridar51

:D:D:D

[IMG]
  17. Reclaimer77

Wtf? No, you shoot at them. But claiming you can't hipfire someone down because of the Compensator is absurd.

I'm just saying the AMC is best used at range. I didn't say that's it's ONLY use.
  18. cykael

I didn't say you can't but it will make your hipfire objectively worse. That's what makes compensator such a bad choice on most guns, it doesn't make the gun any better, it's an advantage that can be made up for with player skill. T5 already has already very low vertical recoil and first shot recoil.
    • Up x 2
  19. Reclaimer77

Well by that argument hipfire accuracy can be made up by player skill :)
  20. cykael

What? How does that even make sense? Vertical recoil can be made up by pulling your mouse down. How do you make up for randomness of the CoF?
    • Up x 3