T2 Striker - Confirmed coyote mechanics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kociboss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Klondor

Those were the days. I remember when the MCG didnt have this stupid windup nonsense, and it spun the barrels without alerting everyone to your position. It actually had an element of surprise.
  2. CaptAmazing

I'm not a person who wants to see evidence (read:video) for everything that is stated - but in this case I think 0.6 seconds is not correct, even its stated the STriker has 400 Rpm.

Perhaps they changed something to the firerate, since I last just it - I'm not sure. From my experience the rockets have a fire delay. Its the same with the Prowler, people post the official reload stats, but don't take the 0.5 seconds refire rate into consideration. Its between the shots and before the reload. You can't see this just from the stats, but you have to actually shoot yourself to see this.

This may be the case with the Striker. As I said, I don't say may stats are the Grospel truth, but I'm doubtfull of 0.6 seconds, because you have to click for every rocket you fire - thats 5 clicks. Test it out right now - click 5 times - you will need more than 0.6 seconds, even if you click as fast as you can (and thats not even considering the fire delay).
  3. TheKhopesh

I don't have a way to record it and show a side by side of the real-time footage, but regardless.

I know for certain that it takes FAR less than the ~5.2 seconds it takes between reloads on a standard launcher, and as well that the splash would allow it to be the one and only RL capable of killing standard infantry with one reload's worth of splash damage.

I would be okay with this if there were tank AP round splash to it (So tiny it's effectively useless as an anti-infantry weapon) just like the Lancer has.
    (They are both anti-vehicle only weapons after all, so it's only fair. The Phoenix has one round, as opposed to 5 -striker- or 6 -lancer's max per reload- so it makes sense that it does a marginally larger amount of splash, but even it's splash is negligible to the point of being useless. Don't get me wrong though, the few times the splash has gotten me kills -near exclusively via detonating explosive charges- were wonderful.)
  4. Zotamedu

Also, try hitting a MAX or a turret at any range with a Striker. For me that's the one reason I want the new mechanic.
  5. Zotamedu

Your post contains two mistakes.
    1, It takes a full 3 seconds to unload a full magazine of a striker. I timed it several times in VR and it was always 3 seconds plus minus 0,1. The information says it has a refire rate of 0,5 seconds so you can get two rockets away in 0,6 seconds but it is impossible to get four as you claim. The difference in my measured fire rate and the theoretical comes from the fact that it's a semi automatic. A complete reload, fire and lock cycle at 100 meters took 12 seconds.

2, The new striker will have its damage lowered so the entire discussion is rather moot at this point.
  6. jiggu

They changed it way way waay back, iirc before the annihilator was released(or around that time)